7126: Battle Droid Carrier

Name: Battle Droid Carrier

Theme: Star Wars Episode I

Set Number: 7126

Pieces: 133

Year released: 2001

Minifigures: 7

Price: Can't remember, but $10.00 according to Peeron

Back in the day, this was a really cheap way to get six battle droids plus a great pilot droid.

As always, here are the instructions.

Front.

IMG_6198.jpg

Back.

IMG_6199.jpg

Minifig page.

IMG_6200.jpg

Random page.

IMG_6201.jpg

All of the included minifigs. Six battle droids plus a pilot droid.

IMG_6180.jpg

Close-up pilot droid.

IMG_6179.jpg

Close-up of two battle droids. Notice the ugly megablaster guns.

IMG_6183.jpg

The loading rack.

IMG_6184.jpg

The empty rack with the carrier.

IMG_6185.jpg

All of the droids plus their blasters on the rack.

IMG_6186.jpgIMG_6187.jpg

Smile, boys!

IMG_6188.jpg

Not the most pleasant of positions.

IMG_6189.jpg

It sucks to be a droid!

IMG_6190.jpg

All aboard!

IMG_6191.jpgIMG_6193.jpg

The complete set.

IMG_6194.jpgIMG_6195.jpg

IMG_6197.jpg

Front view.

IMG_6196.jpg

Price: 9/10 - Very cheap way to get a lot of battle droids!

Parts: 7/10 - Alright. Only way to get the windscreen with the grill on it though.

Playability: 7/10 - Alright as well. It's fun to use in a battlefield.

Minifigs: 8/10 - Same old battle droids (though they are nice). Only way to get the Pilot Droid.

Final: 8/10 - Pretty good set with a nice number of battle droids.

Edited by Mischa07

I felt this set was ok when I got it. It was the first set I got that actually had a problem with it: one of those two light gray wedges sticking out on the front was dark gray! I was quite confused.

Nice printed battle droid/front piece though.

Thanks for the review. I adore this set! Shame I didn't get more than one. :hmpf_bad: I lost the pilot droid ages ago and I wanted to know if it had any blue printing on the head. :look:

JD

Wow nice review Mischa!(at the rate your doing reviews the Review index will be complete in no time!)

As for the set, it was kinda like a battlepack if you think about it(lots of figures and a small vehicle)

Wow nice review Mischa!(at the rate your doing reviews the Review index will be complete in no time!)

Hope so :tongue: I have like 15 sets that I'm going to review in the next couple of days.

Hope so :tongue: I have like 15 sets that I'm going to review in the next couple of days.

Thats great! Are they all old?

Yes.

Good, but before you do them, you should check out the academy. Do you have wattos junkyard?

Nice review, and a nice set. This is obviously the 2001 equivalent to the old Droid BP. But apart from the fact that it doesn't have any SBDs, it's kinda superior to the one from 2007. This is a pure Battle Droid BP and unlike the 2007 one, it actually has a droid pilot. And this was back in the day when BD pilots were normal BDs with a blue print (like they are supposed to) as opposed to just having a completely blue torso like the ones these days. Also, instead of the set consisting of a poorly designed, made-up carrier and a STAP, it has one rather well designed vehicle that is actually based on a vehicle from the movies. And the parts that it is made of are useful for MOCs.

In the end, I kinda regret not getting at least one of these, but since I got two of the new MTTs and therefore a whole army of the new and better type of BDs, I'm not so sad about it anymore. It's still a nice set though.

Thanks for doing this review. The only criticism I have is that it could use a pic that shows all the parts of the set.

Keep up the good work!

This is probably one of the sets with the best price to minifigs ratio (at least for Star Wars). :classic:

Thanks for the review!

Edited by ILikePi

Good, but before you do them, you should check out the academy. Do you have wattos junkyard?

Will do. Yes, I have Watto's Junkyard. Why do you ask?

Will do. Yes, I have Watto's Junkyard. Why do you ask?

Please review it! I have never seen anything from this set and I'm sure many people would want to see a review of it.

I have actually taken the photos today and will probably put up the review tomorrow.

Please review it! I have never seen anything from this set and I'm sure many people would want to see a review of it.

YES! Please do! :cry_happy: I have never seen a good pic of Mawhonic's assembled pod!

Personally I think this was one of the better episode 1 sets, as it provides 7 battle droids for about $15 cdn. I'm really grateful I own two. Absolutely wonderful, given that battle droids were somewhat difficult to obtain in large numbers at the time.

i dont like sets with just droids, because IMO, droids dont count as figs so to me this set has 0 and there are only a few useful parts besides plates

I think that this looks really blocky. The old mega phone blasters look horrible compared to the new ones. The only good part about this set is the front part were the pilot droid stands

This was a set I really liked before the new guns came out. But when the new guns came out I

bought tons of the Droid Battlepacks because I really liked the new guns.

Even though it looks a little bit ugly, I still say this set isn't too bad.

This was a great set, loads of battle droids very cheap.

I got me a few of those, eventhough I never liked the battle droids :grin:

My only mistake was that I left one on display with the droids in transport mode - now they're loose in the hinges and a lot of the leg clips are broken. :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for reviewing this - I've added it to the index.