7113: Tusken Raider Encounter

Name: Tusken Raider Encounter

Theme: Star Wars Episode II

Set Number: 7113

Pieces: 90

Year released: 2002

Minifigures: 3

Price: Can't remember, but $10.00 according to Peeron

A neat little set from episode II with two great minifigs designs.

First things first; the instruction manual.

IMG_6135.jpg

And the backside.

IMG_6136.jpg

Minifig page.

IMG_6137.jpg

Random page.

IMG_6140.jpg

And a nice photo that was also in the manual.

IMG_6138.jpg

Now we move on to the minifigs.

A yelllow Anakin Skywalker with cape and lightsaber plus two (awesome) Tusken Raiders with rifles.

IMG_6141.jpg

Ani. Love the chrome lightsaber. It's a real shame they barely use them anymore these days.

IMG_6143.jpg

Front and backside of the Sandpeople. Love the torsos and faces.

IMG_6142.jpgIMG_6144.jpg

Next up is the moisture vaporator. A bit of a useless addition to this set, though it looks good.

IMG_6145.jpgIMG_6146.jpg

It can also open up. Don't really understand what's the use but hey, I'll show it anyway.

IMG_6147.jpg

A printed piece inside the vaporator.

IMG_6148.jpgIMG_6149.jpg

The Tuskens with the moisture vaporator. I wish LEGO had included one of the Tusken tents instead of the vaporator. Well, atleast it isn't as ugly as the vaporator from #7101: Lightsaber Duel (http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7101-1).

IMG_6150.jpgIMG_6151.jpg

Finally, there's Anakin's speeder bike. You can see that there's only one of these http://media.peeron.com/ldraw/images/8/2555.png on the front of the bike. The other one broke, so I had to replace it with a light grey one (didn't have a matching one). You can see the speeder has a little pin for it to rest on when it's not being used.

IMG_6154.jpg

There's also a flap at the back.

IMG_6155.jpg

Anakin, who is ready to hop on.

IMG_6152.jpg

The speeder looks good, but it's a bit wobbly. The red plates at the front are hard to keep symmetrical.

IMG_6156.jpgIMG_6157.jpg

And here's a look at the complete set. As I've said before, I love the Tuskens. The speeder is alright, Anakin is always a good addition and the moisture vaporator is completely useless in my opinion.

IMG_6159.jpg

Price: 8/10 - Cheap set back in the day and the only way to get these Tusken Raiders.

Parts: 7/10 - Nothing too special except the pretty unique moisture vaporator tile.

Playability: 8/10 - Good, because it has both good and bad guys.

Minifigs: 9/10 - Love the Tuskens.

Final: 8/10 - Solid set with great minifigs, okay speeder, usless vaporator :tongue:

Edited by Mischa07

Thank you for reviewing one of my favorite sets. I love the tusken minifigs and who would say no to an anakin fig so this set is worthwhile. And it was cheap (10$s I think)

i was gonna get this but they were sold out :cry_sad: its a good set for a good price :thumbup:

Thank you for reviewing one of my favorite sets. I love the tusken minifigs and who would say no to an anakin fig so this set is worthwhile. And it was cheap (10$s I think)

Another nice review! The instructions picture of the minifigures has always made me laugh: Anakin looks like a demented frog! Also, Mischa07, you said "A neat little set from episode II with two great minifigs." Did you mean two great minifig designs? It doesn't matter, I just wanted to point that out.

I loved and still love this set, but you're completely right about the speeder bike being flimsy. Just a little fun fact: That printed vaporator piece also comes in green in the Spider-Man origins set, the one with Osborn turning into the Green Goblin is his lab.

Another nice review! The instructions picture of the minifigures has always made me laugh: Anakin looks like a demented frog! Also, Mischa07, you said "A neat little set from episode II with two great minifigs." Did you mean two great minifig designs? It doesn't matter, I just wanted to point that out.

Thanks. He looks indeed very weird :tongue:

Yes, I meant the designs. Will edit to avoid confussion.

I loved this set! I got it so long ago, and I still use the Tusken raiders as "flashback" characters for psycho Vader. :tongue:

Great review! :thumbup:

Thanks for the review! :thumbup::classic:

Is it the only set with Tusken raider minifigures?

Edited by ILikePi

Great review :thumbup: . I really think this set is one of those I really wanted to buy but never had the chance :cry_sad::tongue: . The whole set is one of the smartest packs I have seen from the TLC. Think about it, this is the perfect combination, a little "ship", some b"background" elelments and exclusive figs, also you can add the exceptional price. Looking at sets like this one I really miss the old days when the TLC gave us some really great little sets apart from random battlepacks :hmpf: .

This would be a great set new; the speeder bike and the Tusken Raiders are both lovable :wub:

I really like the tusken raiders they should put them in a future set

AWESOME review and the set itself as well!

nice speeder and nice MF.

u cant really say that evaporator thing is useless. i thought that looks quite good IMHO.

THAT IS THE SET WE WANT ! TLC!

AWESOME review and the set itself as well!

nice speeder and nice MF.

u cant really say that evaporator thing is useless. i thought that looks quite good IMHO.

THAT IS THE SET WE WANT ! TLC!

Yes, please remake this set or make a tusken camp, that would be great!

The speeder is great, the figs are great - what's not to like about this one?

Only bad thing is that this was the only set to feature the awesome Tusken Raiders :hmpf_bad: