Sign in to follow this  
jaredchan

MOC: Tommy Hilfiger™ store

indexed.gif B-OM-7C

sn202656.jpg

To enhance the existing modular building line, the LEGO Company announced a new license agreement today with Tommy Hilf…OK, I am lying.

It’s been a long time since my last posts here as I have been kept busy at work. I am proud to present to you my latest modular creation, a Tommy Hilfiger™ store (I am not sure if I can use the TH name here, I guess as long as I am not making money with it, I am ok, right?). In contrast with my previous works, she is my first fully furnished 32 studs wide building and utilizes significantly less “SNOT” techniques.

The Ground Floor

sn202631.jpg

sn202590.jpg

sn202595.jpg

sn202596.jpg

Shop interior is loosely based on my visits to an actual store, I don’t think they use navy blue carpet, but who cares? Where’s the fitting room?

Opps…I left it out.

The Upper Floor

sn202613.jpg

sn202617.jpg

sn202621.jpg

sn202622.jpg

Hey…the furniture pieces look familiar!

You are right. Most of them are posted before! I once thought of making this floor a study, a huge dining hall, and even a music room, but I think this is the best place for my contemporary furniture.

The Roof

sn202629.jpg

The Backyard

sn202636.jpg

Street view

sn202648.jpg

More photos on my brickshelf and flickr:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=374686

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredchan/set...57615717779802/

Thanks for watching, comments are always welcome!

P.S. Disappointed by the use of previously published furniture as upper floor interior? Check out the Drum set that didn’t make it here:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27053

Great MOC! I especially like the clock on the front of the building and all of the decorations on the inside.

Very nice! I love how you perfectly (and simply :wub: ) recreated their logo! All of your interior details are fantastic as well. It fits in seamlessly with the other buildings. VERY nice work! :thumbup:

Jared, I enjoyed viewing this modular building of yours. It has an amazing interior filled with innovative layout and furniture settings, which emit the exact feeling of how a designer label store should potray. Personally, I feel that you have captured it very well. Thanks for sharing it with us.

You might want to note that, this moc happened to be in Classic-Town.net. :wink:

I love your Tommy Hilfiger store and the interior you've done looks amazing!

Congrats with your achievement and I hope to see more of your work soon.

Great work!

I'm not a big fan of AFOL modular buildings, simply because they rarely live up to the standards set by the cafe corner or green grocer. Simply put; many of these MOCs seem to be too generic and look rather bland against the original sets. Your store has the opposite effect! This store just jumps out (in a good way). It fits seemlessly between the grocer and cafe corner and the detailing is wonderful. This just feels like a natural addition to an already lively street scene.

I am truly impressed.

It's a very, very cool building. Fits right in, too! :thumbup: Gotta love the flower-pot on the pavement.

The interior has just left me speechless. It looks authentic and like somebody lives there, which is a big plus for all those who get to see it. :thumbup:

Edit: Just saw you drum set, and I was wondering why you just didn't use the attic as a studio? Judging by the height of the roof, there's definetly room for a amateur band.

Edited by Freddie

the brown shelf in the store loks pretty accurate to the real one in the TH store. i like your idea for the bubble chair :thumbup:

That looks really cool, It fits in really well with the official sets.

Thanks for your compliments!

Great MOC! I especially like the clock on the front of the building and all of the decorations on the inside.

Thanks! The clock is inspired by the Town Hall by James Berard, the creator of the Cafe Corner set.

Here's a link to the Town Hall picture:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SideShow...wnHall/th07.jpg

Looks great! I liked how you make a pot for the plant and I really :wub: the circe chair

Thanks! I actually used this part as a pot in my last MOC also, thanks to the recent Star Wars set, getting these pots isn't very difficult.

Very nice! I love how you perfectly (and simply :wub: ) recreated their logo! All of your interior details are fantastic as well. It fits in seamlessly with the other buildings. VERY nice work! :thumbup:

Thanks! I had been thinking about doing a fashion store for sometime, I knew I have to make a Tommy store the moment I see the new Pirates Soldier impulse set.

Jared, I enjoyed viewing this modular building of yours. It has an amazing interior filled with innovative layout and furniture settings, which emit the exact feeling of how a designer label store should potray. Personally, I feel that you have captured it very well. Thanks for sharing it with us.

You might want to note that, this moc happened to be in Classic-Town.net. :wink:

Thanks for blogging this WhiteFang, I am really honoured. :sweet:

I wish she would inspire more great modular MOCs from the community, I am now having a headache planning for its successor though. :wink:

I love your Tommy Hilfiger store and the interior you've done looks amazing!

Congrats with your achievement and I hope to see more of your work soon.

Thanks Zorro, I am thinking about the building's successor but I guess I will need some time to gather the parts (I ran out of plates and brown bricks when I finished the building) and to actually build it (Horribly busy at work, sigh...).

Great work!

I'm not a big fan of AFOL modular buildings, simply because they rarely live up to the standards set by the cafe corner or green grocer. Simply put; many of these MOCs seem to be too generic and look rather bland against the original sets. Your store has the opposite effect! This store just jumps out (in a good way). It fits seemlessly between the grocer and cafe corner and the detailing is wonderful. This just feels like a natural addition to an already lively street scene.

I am truly impressed.

Thanks blueandwhite, I have been trying to do modular MOC facades differently from others and this is my third trial for a 32 studs wide non-corner building. I always find filling this 32 wide space a big challenge, there is too much space to make a unique facade while keeping the design in control. I am glad that the end result looks "official", you can't believe how amateur the work in progress pictures look like. :tongue:

It's a very, very cool building. Fits right in, too! :thumbup: Gotta love the flower-pot on the pavement.

The interior has just left me speechless. It looks authentic and like somebody lives there, which is a big plus for all those who get to see it. :thumbup:

Edit: Just saw you drum set, and I was wondering why you just didn't use the attic as a studio? Judging by the height of the roof, there's definetly room for a amateur band.

Thank you Freddie! The attic for a third floor is a nice idea, I just didn't think about it. I simply took the drums out when I thought they are too large. I actually went back to check but there's actually not enough room due to the tall windows. :sweet:

the brown shelf in the store loks pretty accurate to the real one in the TH store. i like your idea for the bubble chair :thumbup:

Thanks prateek, the brown shelf is the result of my site visit(that's shopping... :hmpf_bad: ) and internet search.

As for the chair, I am please with its look but not sturdiness. The cyclinder piece and the red chair pieces are merely stacked on top of a dish, but I just can't come up with a better solution for it :sadnew: .

A full street view is quite difficult, if not impossible, for me now, I am having trouble even storing this one. I will see what I can do. :grin:

Edited by jaredchan

Great job on the details, I particularly like the front window with its thin linings, that's well made.

I'm also really digging that upper floor interior, that's some great furniture there!

Great job on the details, I particularly like the front window with its thin linings, that's well made.

I'm also really digging that upper floor interior, that's some great furniture there!

Thanks Aliencat. If you look carefully, the thin linings on the sides are actually illusion. They are 1x1 reddish brown bricks partially hidden by tan 1 x 2 x 1 panels. Here's a WIP picture showing an alternative way of making the linings:

post-2859-1237706672.jpg

Thanks Aliencat. If you look carefully, the thin linings on the sides are actually illusion. They are 1x1 reddish brown bricks partially hidden by tan 1 x 2 x 1 panels.

Yes, I had spotted that, which is why I commented on how clever that is.

Hats off mate! Your design is outstanding and the way you've managed to fit that one in amongst the other modular sets is absolutely great. Working on a modular MOC ourselves right now, but it'll take a lot of time (& bricks) for one to come close to the level of detail you've managed to achieve with this one. I've also checked out your Antique Store, I do hope we'll be seeing more of these lovely buildings from you...

P.S.: Great choice of label too. I mean - who doesn't like Hilfiger!? :D

P.S.: Great choice of label too. I mean - who doesn't like Hilfiger!? :D

I do too!

What a great and well designed moc. I really like the colors as everything here looks so modern. Well done!

Great MOC!

The exterior is a sight to behold. But I like the interior even more.

i love the shelves, the sofa and the little electric fan. But i bet someone's already lost a finger in one of those.

The red egg chair's great. Is the red seat attached?

Anyway, awesome work Jaredchan.

WOW! A really great MOC, love the street floor shopwindows techniques and specially the amazing interior furnitures :thumbup:

sn202656.jpg

To enhance the existing modular building line, the LEGO Company announced a new license agreement today with Tommy Hilf…OK, I am lying.

It’s been a long time since my last posts here as I have been kept busy at work. I am proud to present to you my latest modular creation, a Tommy Hilfiger™ store (I am not sure if I can use the TH name here, I guess as long as I am not making money with it, I am ok, right?). In contrast with my previous works, she is my first fully furnished 32 studs wide building and utilizes significantly less “SNOT” techniques.

The Ground Floor

sn202631.jpg

sn202590.jpg

sn202595.jpg

sn202596.jpg

Shop interior is loosely based on my visits to an actual store, I don’t think they use navy blue carpet, but who cares? Where’s the fitting room?

Opps…I left it out.

The Upper Floor

sn202613.jpg

sn202617.jpg

sn202621.jpg

sn202622.jpg

Hey…the furniture pieces look familiar!

You are right. Most of them are posted before! I once thought of making this floor a study, a huge dining hall, and even a music room, but I think this is the best place for my contemporary furniture.

The Roof

sn202629.jpg

The Backyard

sn202636.jpg

Street view

sn202648.jpg

More photos on my brickshelf and flickr:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=374686

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredchan/set...57615717779802/

Thanks for watching, comments are always welcome!

P.S. Disappointed by the use of previously published furniture as upper floor interior? Check out the Drum set that didn’t make it here:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27053

nice MOC, when will you make a nike shop????

Thank you for all your kind words guys. I really wish I can reply each one of you individually but I got home from work very late these days and I need to save myself some bed time (it's 2:40am in Hong Kong). I hope you guys won't mind if I just say a few quick words.

To Asya & Bobby Otters: I look forward to see your building, too! "Tommy" kinda exhausted my ideas and I think I will have hard time for a new building. I built the Antique Store quite a long time ago, now I start to find all my previous buildings not up to my new standard...

To Natman8000: Talking about the colors, I am glad that no one complained about the color scheme being exactly the same as the Cafe Corner!

To Raven Brickroft: The red chair is sadly not attached, so is the cylinder piece underneath it. Therefore, the chair is not stable at all and the 2 floating parts dislocate easily. It took me some time to adjust the minifig and the chair to take my profile pic.

To BlueBard: The shop front window is also one of my favourite features of the shop!

To ACCURATEin: I just wish I can do better next time!

To benny: Sorry to disappoint you but I guess I won't be doing Nike for the time being. A Nike shop should have basketball, football and sportswear, etc. but I don't want to do another shop with clothes for now. I actually considered doing an Outdoor Equipment shop, selling climbing gears from the adventurers sets, parka from the artic sets, etc., but I picked "Tommy" in the end.

Once again, thanks for reading and replying, I am so motivated!

Dear jaredchan,

I really like this design. It is clean, solid and well executed.

And it holds it own inbetween the Green Grocer and the Cafe Corner.

The interior is amzing and the furnature is really well made.

So thumbs up from me. :classic::thumbup:

Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards,

Teddy