Sign in to follow this  
Big Pete

[MOC] Dino-Pod Racer

indexed.gif

This MOC (only my second MOC of any great note!) was created for the FBTB 2009 Podracer Challenge. I've called it the "Dino-Pod", for obvious reasons. I like to think it would chew up the track at great speed, whilst looking like it might chew up it's opposition on the way. Plus, if the teeth don't get you, the swinging tail just might ... comments welcome!

3369685853_0880971f1d.jpg

Further pictures here

This is actually version 2 of the MOC, as I wasn't happy with a couple of bits. I made a change to the front of the engines, because what I really wanted was the mouth to be open and more menacing ... I think I achieved that quite well :

3369687763_bde6187de4.jpg

I also really needed to do an update to the back on the engines. I must admit, in the first iteration, they were a bit rushed and I wasn't happy with them. So, here's the new version ... again, I think an improvement :

3369686881_939570b2f1.jpg

Here's a deeplinked photo of the tail ... it's entirely moveable, so can swipe a few opposition Pods out of the way in the race! :D

3369687065_98c576168d.jpg

I'm quite pleased with it in the end. It's inspired me to create other things in the future, but I really need more parts and also more room to tinker! Oh well ... need a Lego room really and that means I need a bigger house! hehe ... COME ON A FURTHER HOUSING PRICE CRASH!! ;)

That is stupendous! It looks really amazing, I love the ribbed doors for engines. The dino heads look amazing as well. My only suggestion is finding an alternative for the minifig, it seems too big. Well done, I hope you do well in the contest! :thumbup:

Great idea! The back is a bit weir, but it looks passable, and the two front engines are ingeniously designed!

how do I edit a thread title ... it seems I made a typo :(

Sadly, you can't. But you can PM and ask a Moderator to do it.

Dini... :tongue:

Woo this racer is full of style !

I really like the two dragon's head and the tail in the back !

great job !

Sadly, you can't. But you can PM and ask a Moderator to do it.

Dini... :tongue:

And done :classic:

Great MOC.

Looks like FBTB got quite a few awesome entries for that contest :thumbup:

Now get to work on making entries for our contest :laugh:

The idea is great and will be a hard to beat model. Good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

ha i love it how you put a spin on the original podracers. I like the back of the pod and the big mouths at the front are genius!! A fine MOC! :wink:

are those heads form that RC dino? that driver looks so wacky :thumbup: imagine seeing this in SW-E1:TPM :tongue:

Edited by prateek

That is awsome. Will you make any other pod racers?

I'm not planning on it ... I'm not a great fan of Pod Racers in reality.

Well for a "not a great fan" you did a great job on the overall design.

At first the engines seem a bit bulky but later you realise it works relly well.

And the tail is even better. Very clever thinking on that one. :thumbup: