Sign in to follow this  
Matteo Kenobi

Republic Mobile Command Walker (MCW)

indexed.gif

First of all if someone could completely change the title to Republic Mobile Command Speeder (MCS) as it has been completely updated! Thank you

Pieces: Roughly 154

Back story- During the Great Clone Wars Jedi and Clone would work together to defeat the separatists. During large land battles when vast amount of Clones would need to be controlled the MCS would act as a mobile command station as well as a taxi, being it well armed and well armored and of course speedy. It was a center for contact between clones and Jedi and in emergencies used to get the wounded off the battlefield

Front:

mcsfront.jpg

Back:

mcsback.jpg

Back-Open:

mcsbackopen.jpg

Top:

mcstop.jpg

Top-Open:

mcstopopen.jpg

Left:

mcsleft.jpg

Right:

mcsright.jpg

Angle:

mcsangle.jpg

Please Post, Comment, Critique, it would all be very much apprecieated!! :sweet:

Many many more pictures on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/?start_tab=sets

Thanks for looking!!

Edited by KimT

If you dont mind I really would like to say that this looks like a pile of bricks on legs. I dont really like the whole shape of it IMO. But the idea is good, and improvements could really turn it around.

If you dont mind I really would like to say that this looks like a pile of bricks on legs. I dont really like the whole shape of it IMO. But the idea is good, and improvements could really turn it around.

No I like the critique, I understand though, how do you think I could improve the shape?

No I like the critique, I understand though, how do you think I could improve the shape?

I think you could use some wheels instead of legs, and then the shape could be different. so you could have a pilot in a small canopy in the front, and then the command center behind it or something like that.

Hmm, that I see, I think I could definitely work with something like that, I'm getting a few ideas now that could definitely improve it. Maybe treads with a larger area yet still open. Thank you Natman8000

I am still open to other opinions though!

Hmm, that I see, I think I could definitely work with something like that, I'm getting a few ideas now that could definitely improve it. Maybe treads with a larger area yet still open. Thank you Natman8000

I am still open to other opinions though!

One more thing. Doing a mobile command center on a small scale is very tricky, so you might want to expand your pieces.

One more thing. Doing a mobile command center on a small scale is very tricky, so you might want to expand your pieces.

I understand, I'll think about that, the only thing is my pieces are limited and don't have to many, although that's what BrickLink is for :tongue:

Thank you all for the great critiques, I guess it's safe to call this a WIP as I have taken all of your suggestions and I now have a new design in mind that will hopefully improve this! Thanks again!

Thank you all, I have decided to completely destroy and start again with all your suggestions, hopefully I have come up with something better, please let me know!

Hmmm... looks like a scorpion with no legs to me :grin:

Perhaps adding scorpion legs would look great?

scorpion-3d-interlocking-plastic-puzzle-f913a.jpg

I think you should make the engines bigger because engines that seize couldnt push that ship. Its just too unfeasible to me :wink:

Hmm Scorpion legs, an interesting idea, I may just use that.

Thank you all for the comments, I'm off for spring break now but I'll get back and have an official entry by the due date, thanks again!

Super update.

Hopefully it'll do well in the vote.

Good job on the pics and modifications :thumbup: