Tim Bit

What Lightsabre Hilt do you like the most?

Which Lightsabre Hilt is better?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite lightsabre hilt?

• Straight Chrome (1999-2005)
    • Bent Chrome (2002, 2009) (Dooku)
    • Straight Bley (2005-2008)
    • Bent Bley (2008) (Ventress)
    • Straight metallic (2009-Present)
    • Straight Black
    • Golden Telescope Peice
  2. 2. What is your least favorite Lightsabre hilt?

• Straight Chrome (1999-2005)
    • Bent Chrome (2002, 2009) (Dooku)
    • Straight Bley (2005-2008)
    • Bent Bley (2008) (Ventress)
    • Straight Metallic (2009-Present)
    • Straight Black
    • Golden Telescope Peice

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

What is your favorite lightsabre hilt?

Tell us here!

My favorite would have to be Dookus bent chrome lightsabre.

I voted straight bley as the worst.

P.S. If you are confused about which is which tell me.

Also if a topic like this already exsists (witch I do not think is likely since I've searched for one) close this.

Edited by KimT

I voted for straight bley as my favorite and bent chrome as my least favorite. I know everybody is wondering what I'm smoking, but it was for a simple reason: durability. I HATE when the chrome flakes off my lightsabers, so I like the bley. The bent lightsabers are the rarest, so I'm afraid to use the couple that I have at all. Right now, my Dooku is holding one of my extra bent bley sabers from 7676. It doesn't look as cool, but at least I'm not ruining a $5 piece simply by putting it in the minifig's hands. I don't know how the new metallic color will last, but I suspect you can damage it without trying very hard.

Straight bley is hideous! Thank God they got rid of it. I like the 2009 metallic silver!

Yes, but I am pretty sure they still use it for other things, though I cannot think of any.

I voted for the two Chromies, because:

1.-It let me fill all of the vote boxes at the same time if I wanted to, if that makes any sense.

2.-Anything turned to chrome rocks. (Well....Almost anything :wink: )

3.-The others are crap. :grin:

I really like the Pearl Silver 'sabers. Just beautiful. Not too bright like the old chrome, but it still looks shiny- unlike those terrible bley 'sabers. :sick:

Also, Dooku's lightsaber. Mine dissapeared (along with my Greivous, Darth Maul, and Vader. I suspect theft) a few years ago, so I've always wanted another one... too bad I'll have to pay $15 bucks for the magnet pack. Still, better than paying for Dooku's Solar Sailer.

Straight bley is hideous! Thank God they got rid of it. I like the 2009 metallic silver!

Super agreed! I like chrome dooku's the best.

I voted for straight bley as my favorite and bent chrome as my least favorite. I know everybody is wondering what I'm smoking, but it was for a simple reason: durability. I HATE when the chrome flakes off my lightsabers, so I like the bley. The bent lightsabers are the rarest, so I'm afraid to use the couple that I have at all. Right now, my Dooku is holding one of my extra bent bley sabers from 7676. It doesn't look as cool, but at least I'm not ruining a $5 piece simply by putting it in the minifig's hands. I don't know how the new metallic color will last, but I suspect you can damage it without trying very hard.

You do have a point...

However I still dislike bley lightsabres.

I don't think the new metallic will flake as easily.

I voted bent chrome as my favorite, and the regular lightsabers as my least favorite. Even though I've never owned a chrome lightsaber (let alone a chrome piece), I really want to get a chrome one, and the re-release of the bent chrome hilt (and the release of the magnet set with Dooku in it :classic: ) is the perfect way to get it. :thumbup:

The only bley hilts I own are from the Droids Battle Pack, which had 4 that were used as guns (I have no jedi/sith, let alone main characters in Star Wars... :grin: ).

Oh, and by the way, you should change the poll to a non multiple choice type...

Edited by ILikePi

i like the old chrome ones and i loathe the bley ones.

BTW, there is a poll like this but its part of a review

I went for the metallic silver for the best, as it is easily my favourite colour, and went for straight bley/grey as I find there to be but minimal uses for it outside of being a lightsaber hilt. I admit, the others don't have that many either, but they have more.

I voted for curved chrome as the best. It looked so awesome and sleek. Also, while the chrome may flake, that's only if you play with it and take it out and in the minifig's hand often. If it's just for display, it is beautiful.

Straight bley is the worst for me. I have always thought the standard lightsaber hilt is a bit too clunky, and add a boring color to that to get a downright yucky piece. I was so annoyed when they switched to bley for lightsabers, but the new silver is pretty good.

Let's not forget, there are also straight old light gray lightsaber hilts, such as came in the original AT-ST. These were never released as lightsaber hilts exactly, though.

The ventress lightsabres are horrible

1. They're grey

2. They're bent (I like Dooku's though)

3. It's missing a bottom stud hole

The reason I hate it is because I make jetpacks with the hilts and the Ventress lightsabres are missing a hole, plus they're so darn ugly.

The new 2009 chrome is horrible. The metallic paint is coming off my old Mace Windu (2009 version) fig from the 8019.

And my old chrome isn't flaking off (I do play with it) so I don't know whether it does flake off or it doesn't?

Edited by CloneCommanderDelta7

I love chrome. I really do. But there's something about those new metallic ones that I like better (as a lightsaber hilt) than the chrome ones. Maybe it's because the chrome ones kinda clash with the cartoony colors of the minifigs. The metallic ones are shiny while remaining a cartoony color that goes well with the figs. Also, the paint comes off of the chrome hilts, but the metallic ones stay like they are. :thumbup: So I voted for metallic.

As for the worst, I voted the bent bley Ventress ones. Bley is obviously the worst color for a hilt, but the straight ones are at least useful for MOCs.

I like the straight bley, useful in other moc for example laser cannon barrel.

Chrome straight looks the best but its too delicate, the shiny paint might chip off.

Edited by green dewback

I voted best straight chrome, worst straight bley, but i hate bent bley as well.

I also vote for a mod to fix this thread.

I also vote the OP uses this link, yes yes far from me to speak, but come on how can you not spell straight properly so many times.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/se...eck&cat=all

I'll get right on it!

Edit: Fixed

Edited by Tim Bit

Ha, Oky Wan Kenobi, I agree with the grey hilts are useful but for me the metallic hilts are flaking and the chrome hilts are still in one piece.

That's strange. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't have any of them yet, so I can't tell.

I voted best straight chrome, worst straight bley, but i hate bent bley as well.

I also vote for a mod to fix this thread.

I also vote the OP uses this link, yes yes far from me to speak, but come on how can you not spell straight properly so many times.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/se...eck&cat=all

You're out of line here.

We all try our best to communicate using English...

Your correction is annoying at best, especially when you spell cool with a "k" yourself.

Quit mini-modding, mind your own business and remember that this is just a hobby - don't let the net become your life.

Think, rethink and then think it all over once more before you post.

A wise man once said: "If you've got nothing to say, then keep quiet"

As for me, I like all hilts.

The chrome ones are the best (of course), but I still like any other colour and version they've done.

They can be used for so many things.

Come to think about it, I actually like the black strejitshe hilt the most - so evil having a black light sabre.

Yep, I was just going to mention the poll was missing this one:

577.jpg

I would have voted for it, but since it's not on there my favorite would probably be the straight chrome ones.

Yep, I was just going to mention the poll was missing this one:

577.jpg

I would have voted for it, but since it's not on there my favorite would probably be the straight chrome ones.

Added that as: Straight Black

I also added the: Golden Telescope

The telescope isn't really a lightsabre but can be used as one.

I suppose I would have voted for black as my favorite, if I hadn't been so eager to put in my vote. I'd love to see a fish used as a lightsaber hilt, but I'm away from my collection for the weekend. Maybe when I get a hold of an Ackbar figure in a few months, I can make a Mon Cal Jedi with a fishsaber.