Derfel Cadarn

The Fire Hornet

Woo !

And you said it's your first ship !

In this case you're pretty talented...

I like your Fire Hornet, it's full of details.

I especially like the folded up sails, it's a great effect

Great way to introduce yourself Derfel Cardarn! :thumbup:

And i hope it's ok that i've added a pic to your first post. :pir-blush:

Ppl will more likely respond then. :pir-wink:

There's a lot of great detail in this ship. :pir-classic:

12369494062_DISPLAY.jpg

I like how you've made the sail with sailors wrapping (bundling, scrunching? :blush: ) up the sails.

It's a nice touch.

:pir-oh: Wow, for a first time building a ship you did great, the bundled up sails look awesome :pir-classic: Edited by Broadside

Feel like I've seen it before for whatever reason!

But it's still increbily awesome!

Woah! This is a first try?! It looks great! I love the shape, and the proven color scheme works really well! The bundled up sails look good too.

that's a cool ship ! I love the brick built sails!

What a beauty! And this is your first ship you say? I'm very impressed. This ship has a fine line, a lovely color scheme and I adore those brick sails. You should keep on building ships as you clearly have a talent for it.

Welcome at Eurobricks!

Woo !

And you said it's your first ship !

In this case you're pretty talented...

Agreed. This is fantastic!

Yes, you are talented if this is your first ship.

Keep building them I'd say, and welcome aboard Eurobricks!

By introducing yourself like this way, I think we've another ship building talent on board!

I think your ship is very nicely executed, I really like the brick built sails and I am a big fan of the colour sheme.

The stern is nicely detailed with some nice trims on it. I also see you've made the tumblehome effect in it. Awesome.

I really like this creation and I hope to see more of your creations in the future!

A beautiful MOC with elegant lines and some very good accents of yellow, and the impressive bow and stern sections´re

working flawlessly with the smooth middle section. The overall amount of detail´s great, especially those furled sails. :thumbup:

thanks for all your comments, much appreciated. I looked up a few pictures of 17th century ships to get an idea of the shape and i had a look at what other people have made to see whats possible, then just went from there. Theres some really great mocs that people have made, very impressive. Ive allways been a castle person and so all my bricks are mainly castle orientated. But then again, my first lego set was 6285 and i do find that pirates is really the only other theme that i can put those bricks to good use. I hope to try and build some more pirate mocs inbetween my castle projects. I deffinatly think my ship needs a port, so im gonna start work on that next, then i'll continue on with my castles. I have just purchased some of the new pirate sets, so i think that you'll be seeing a lot more mocs in the future. Thanks again for your comments :pir-cry_happy:

Thanks for the great comments. Hopefully if all continues to go smoothly i should be posting my finished port by the end of the week.

Oops, to avoid confusion, honeybee is my partners username. didnt realise she was logged in :pir-cry_happy:

Wow, this is a fantastic ship. You have some very nice detail on your ship. Keep up the good work!

LegoKing

For one who doesn't know much about ships you've made a very good one! Fine colours and indeed a great effect with the sails. There are a few things, like the crow's nest should have been a bit lower, but I have much respect for you. Nice and decent MOC

I allmost forgot about this one. Im very honered that its been put on the front page. Thankyou :pir-classic:

First off, let we give you a warm welcome to the LEGO pirate world. Also let me introduce myself as the guy who gets mad really easy and provides hours of entertainment for the members here. That is the reason I'm the black sheep!

I am very impressed with your MOC! It is truly your own creation and design, and I see that you have spend the time researching the most popular building techniques to achieve this creation! I have to say that I am as impressed with your research as I am with your creation because it really shows that you took this seriously.

I have been here for a short while, but my ship building has been non-existant. I have had to focus on working on my port, so I am sad to say that you as a new member are WAY ahead of me!

I am very pleased to welcome you to our little corner of EuroBricks! I look forward to more of your creations!

-Super