19 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Swoosh! Pew! Pew! Folding wing for a landing. This mini-V-19 Torrent is pretty good. It's not just a static display but very playable. Best part, it's $3.99 for 66 part count!

Set Name: 8031 Lego Mini V-19 Torrent

Theme: Star Wars Clone Wars mini series

Released: 2009

Pieces: 66

Price: $3.99 US price. I do not know if it's available elsewhere.

Let us start off by looking at what you get.

8031 "box"

3336938042_e8ff84f2c1.jpg

Ha! It's not a box, but a bag. Be careful. The bag is easily ripped. For a bag, they did use a lot of color.

8031 Instruction book

3339437914_c393f3a6ca_b.jpg

3338608015_980d75c9a4_b.jpg

Ha! Got you again. It's not a book, but a fold out poster. I never saw this before but it looks like it lists a part number next to each piece that they add on.

Extras

3338608683_9ff207dd0f_m.jpg

Hey, even with a set this small, there are extra parts in the bag. Yay!

There is no parts list or alternate set. Use your imagination to create your own ideas if you breakdown this set.

Here is a build process shown in build sheets.

8021 Build sheets

3339051459_71169d8ed2_o.jpg

3339051611_62f9c25ea4_o.jpg

3338613485_2cfd30ac81_m.jpg

You read it from left to right, from top to bottom. And that's about 24 step process. I bet I wrote more words than they are pieces.

Finished pictures

3339443166_3e96a60697_m.jpg 3338612945_266e46c1eb_m.jpg

Side view. Landing mode._Front view. Landing mode

3339442450_2a45f85723_m.jpg 3339441748_d40cea9fcd_m.jpg

Rear view. Landing mode._Top view. Landing mode.

3339445122_025c1c8e85_m.jpg 3338610291_f292d1e568_m.jpg

Side view. Flight mode._Front view. Flight mode.

3339440448_ec8b3d8ddc_m.jpg

Rear view. Flight mode.

3345297106_ed889dac5c.jpg

Lets try iso-view from the front in flight mode.

3344461949_8ab0430fb8.jpg

Iso view from rear in flight mode.

3344461627_2908816bfc.jpg

Iso view front in landing mode.

3344461329_c3d575a9be.jpg

Iso view from the rear in landing mode.

All final photos can be clicked on to view a larger picture.

Features

I give Lego credit for making it pretty realistic. The center wing actually swivels down for flight mode. It does it with a good feel too. The center wing has resistance when moving. Helps for when you might be flying it around your room. You won't need to hold the wing to keep it from moving loose. Then again, maybe mine had a tight fit. The other part that moves is the two wings, They can raise and lower for flight mode and landing mode.

Issues

No issues. Everything was simple to follow. Hard to get lost when there's ~66 pieces to put together.

Final thoughts

At $3.99 for 66 pieces, it's a good deal if you need parts from it. If not, there always the 8033 Lego Mini General Greivus set which "only" has 44 count, but still $3.99.

To see the full size pictures, please goto my flicker site: Mini V-19 Torrent

My rating:

Playability: 4 out of 5. It’s swooshable. It's a mini. Stick it in your jacket pocket and take it with you.

Design: 3 out of 5. Very good job. I think a few things could've made it better like what IlikePi said, "Where's the other republic insignia for the other wing?"

Build experience: 2 out of 5. This was easy. As I mentioned before, hard to get it wrong with so little pieces.

Overall: 5 out of 5. It's $3.99. Even in Hawaii where there seems to be an automatic $5-30 price increase on most Lego sets when compared to the mainland. Well worth buying at least one.

Thanks for reading!

Great review starstreak :thumbup:

Now we've got three reviews of this super mini in the index.

It's one of my favorite minis :wub:

I also added a poll

Very nice review, with tons of pictures! :thumbup:

You've put a lot of afford in this one.

The set looks great.

Congratulations on your graduation from the academy. :classic: This is a stellar review of a set I will hopefully soon have. :hmpf_bad:

Looks good, I'm liking that trans smokey piece I don't have any of, might buy one or two if I find them at my local Target.

Oh goody! This is the 3rd review! :classic: I wrote the second! :sweet: I like your pictures! The lighting is very nice.

Thanks for the review Starstreak! :classic:

I need to post a review of the two mini sets too. :tongue:

P.S. Thanks for mentioning me in your review. :laugh:

Thanks guy/gals! I'm more of a "picture" person, but I thought doing reviews would be fun. It is. I hope to do more shortly. Strange, that the idea of having a icon next to your name, an give you a boost to work harder. lol

I LOVE this little set! It is (Was? I don't think its still available at Target :wacko:) a fantastic value at $4. I'm so glad they sold this and Grievous's fighter there even just for a little while.

Great thorough review of a great set! :thumbup: Thanks for sharing!

good review :thumbup: i like the "features" on this set. BTW the blue in your pics looks bluer than thte actual pieces (if that made sense)

good review :thumbup: i like the "features" on this set. BTW the blue in your pics looks bluer than thte actual pieces (if that made sense)

Mine is that blue. :) JK. To give a bit more pop to the picture, the contrast was a bit higher. Sometimes I wish I had a different color background but I can't put up anything but white. :sceptic:

Wow. I've got to say, for a mini, this set is actually pretty cool. Had it not been for this review, I'd not have known that either. I really think the features in it are surprisingly well done given the low piece count. Thanks so much for sharing this great review with us!

Great Review Starstreak :thumbup:

I really would like one of these but they are alittle to expensive in NZ for a Mini imo.

It's a very cute little fighter!

Great job!

CommanderFox