Sign in to follow this  
Wrinkledlion X

Sandstalker Art

sandstalker.jpg

When I first saw the sandstalker, the saddle reminded me immediately of a camel's saddle. This, combined with the turtle-like Kardas head, led me to think: "What if the sandstalker was like, a turtle, but with, like, a camel's hump... For a shell. But huuuuuge."

Anyways, I really like how this turned out. The gradients turned out quite nice, though the one on the sand removed most of the texturing details I had. I also turned up the saturation and contrast a bit on the shell to make it look nice and scratched up. (Probably by sandstorms.) According to BS01, sandstalkers can go a long time with no sustenance, so the hump on this one is... Relatively canon.

"Gunnar-Stalker: Ultimate smuggling transport creature."

Like anybody is going to believe that hump is carrying water! :tongue:

In all fairness though, artistically licensed hump aside, you just made the sand stalker look good! I especially like the Arabian-esc rug you've got as a saddle, it's a very nice touch. :thumbup:

I imagine the hump would be a bit more reasonably sized at a younger age... This one's probably a gajillion years old, being a tortoise and all. Who knows... Maybe there are even Bactrian Sandstalkers.

Yo Wrinkled.

Yeah, this looks like something out of a kid's cartoon.

This is where you shit bricks at seeing that I is here.

WHIMSY

OUT OF THE GOOD WEBSITES

lol