Sign in to follow this  
calebexo01

AT-PT (All Terrain Personal Transport) Walker

indexed.gif

Pieces:185

Minifigs: 1

Backround story

link

AT-PTs were made to take single troopers into intense combat situations on their own. They stood only 3 meters tall, and were driven by AT-PT pilots.

The AT-PT was--compared to its intended threat, enemy soldiers--heavily armored, enough so that most small-arms fire couldn't penetrate the craft's armor. The walker was armed with twin blaster cannons and one concussion grenade launcher, which were only effective against infantry. The walker's superior agility made up for its light armor (in comparison to most other cavalry units).

The AT-PT was designed decades before the Clone Wars, but during the wars, the Republic found a need for a small, anti-personnel walker, and the AT-PT became more relevant. It was one of the earliest AT series transports.

brickshelf gallery

Pictures

new_walker_front.jpg

new_walker_left.jpg

new_walker_back.jpg

new_walker_right.jpg

new_walker_top.jpg

Edited by calebexo01

I like this MOC. The leg structure is very good along with the cockpit. :thumbup:

There is quite a bit of refletion from the background, so I would try again with no flash and a bit more light. :wink:

JD

i took a lot of pix with different ammounts of light and flash and these turned out the best so i used them. :angry:

This is really a great model and i think at this point it stands out among the rest. One thing I wish that you could accomplish with this would be to elongate the body like it is in the games so it isn't as boxy. Right now it looks more like a small AT-ST. The overall feel of the walker is there though. Great job.

Edited by meschepers

Unless the rules have changed since I last read them it's only Star Wars vehicles previously built by TLC that are not allowed. Star Wars vehicles not released by Lego as a set are absolutely fine

Laurie

I was just checking that myself and you are correct! I have amended my last post so now it should correct as well.

I was just checking that myself and you are correct! I have amended my last post so now it should correct as well.

NP :laugh:

Here's the schematics.

post-101-1236550445.jpg

TLG has made an AT-AP, but never an AT-PT so my entry should be legal.

the back part is the right length, it just has some slightly wrong angles because LEGO doesn't make pieces with the correct angles in the particular sizes needed(or i just dont own any yet :sad: ) it was also very hard to make it small enough to be minifigure scale(it didnt have to be minifig scale but i wanted it to be so i could use it in my starwars displays)

Edited by calebexo01

i have added some new pictures that have less flash (and 10 more pieces). my camera was broken so i couldnt take them earlier :sad: i kept the old pictures for comarrison(or do i have to delete them?) i hope you like them! :classic:

Edited by calebexo01

i have added some new pictures that have less flash (and 10 more pieces). my camera was broken so i couldnt take them earlier :sad: i kept the old pictures for comarrison(or do i have to delete them?) i hope you like them! :classic:

You'll have to "clean up" the first post before the end date.

But there's no rush.

So far it's good to have comparison pictures of what you've done.

After looking at the schematics provided by KimT the resemblance is remarkable, I say a job well done!

i took the old pictures off the first post so that it is ready for the contest deadline. KimT said that they were good for comparrison so i put them here :sweet: i also put the picture taken at an angle between the right side and the front here because it is not listed in the required pictures. if i can put it back in the first post and still be legal please let me know.

new_walker_angled_right.jpg

Old Pictures

walker_front.jpg

walker_left.jpg

walker_back2.jpg

walker_right2.jpg

walker_top.jpg

Edited by calebexo01

No further actions are needed for this entry.

All is as it should be :classic: