???theriddler???

How did you find Eurobricks?

When I came out of my dark-grey ages, I was on Lugnet for a year or so when I realized that it was becoming much less active. While googling around I stumbled across EB. I wasn't lurking for long before I realized that this was one of the most active and diverse English language LEGO forums around, so I signed up. I was hoping to find a forum with a reasonably active Town/City MOC'ing community, and EB more than delivered!

I still snack on Lugnet and other sites now and then, but a main course of Eurobricks, a side of Bricktown Talk, and some Brothers Brick for desert pretty much keeps me full of LEGO.

I love a good extended metaphor.

Edited by Eilif

As for myself, I never gotten myself into any LEGO community before, until an university friend of mine whom is a long time collector and lurker of Eurobricks, introduced me to this place. I was lurking for a few months, and decided to sign up on 31st December 07. In fact, this is the very community which has gotten me so interested in LEGO and increased my addicition of collecting LEGO ever since. In fact, I never thought that LEGO community was that huge before, until I came across Eurobricks. I am glad I have found Eurobricks. :wub:

I'd just came across it one day looking for pictures of new sets (can't remember if it was 2006 or 2007), but anyways, ever since I've relied on EB for awesome early pics of upcoming sets, and you've never failed! :classic:

I think i tried to sign up to FBTB but it didn't accept my email, found this site after a while.

I found this from Kamonian's main site. I recently in the past couple of months just seen all of the things people have actually been doing with legos. Never knew how creative people have become.

I don't remember.

I think it was through Google, when I was looking for the 2008 pictures. Then, I was redirected here and watched from the sidelines for about a year. Then I joined.

My stories not neraly as good as any of yours.

I was a member of another smaller site, and I decided I'd like to meet some of the larger Lego community. FBTB was bashed from time to time on my site, and the people from it weren't always the nicest, so I decided on EB. And here I am.

I was surfing Bricklink and realised that Bricklink actually had links.

After my dark ages and a couple of years collecting again, I still hadn't realised LEGO fans were even online! Then I was working on my game and wanted to share my new found love for all things LEGO again. After a bit of googling this seemed like the most interesting place around, and still is! :)

LUGNET was going sour and I wanted another place to hang out in the Legoverse, Eurobricks was it. It probably helped that questionably illegal pictures would pop up here from time to time also.

This place has gone though lots of changes since then. It is nice to be here still.

My story is a bit longer. I originally entered the lego forum community through a link on Bionicle.com, which lead me to BZPower. After joining there in '06, I stayed for a while, but grew frustrated after set previews that turned up were deleted (as well, there were way too many manga fans for my liking....no offence). After attending a summer camp with member hewkii9 who led me to EB, where the water was warmer and the fish friendlier (BTW, Hinckley, if I find out you made that water warm, I'll be furious). Thus, I joined, and forgot about it for a while. However, after finally deciding I didn't know a slim thing about Bionicle building and returned to EB. And here I am! :classic:

I linked here from some other site (probably Classic Castle, as I was most active there once) and the membership here was polite and mature, so I stuck around. Having about the only Town fan forum at the time was also a factor.

I was looking up new 2007 Star Wars sets and I came across a thread about the new Star Wars sets. (I think :oh3:)

Was looking through classis-town.net and I saw a MOC of mine featured... After that, almost every MOC that got posted on classic-town was linked to EB, so I decided I should set up an account for the two of us, since we'd never been members of a LEGO forum and MOCpages was beginning to feel a bit too much like kindergarten.

A lot of my online chat buddies bugged me to death about joining here and it took awhile for me to finally cave in and joined. I did lurk around the site because I was interested in seeing what the upcoming Bionicle would be but it was the creation of the Customization sub-forum that finally got me to join and I haven't looked back since.

i was searching on google and brickshelf for some "inspiration" for my MOC (i hope that's the right term) and one of the pages that the search brought up was a review on here

so i started trawling for ideas - i now have loads of ideas (and parts on the way) and not a lot of money :pir-grin:

Well, they found me actually. I was a sculptor and I lego statues for Disney and than someone invited me by saying "Hey you are pretty good, you should visit eurobricks" and I did.

I participated in lego.com poll about online communities and there were lot of kind of offensive questions regarding the different forums. So one of the forums listed was eurobricks.com, so I decided to check it out. It took me many visits before I decided to join the forum.

Oddly enough, BZP. Back before the "no-forum" rule.

The first memory I have was of the leaked Viking prelims, waaaaay back at the end of 2004. I don't know where I found the link, unless perhaps they were up on brickset at the time.

So then I lurked off and on for *almost three years* before actually joining :tongue:

Even then, it still took me about 6 months to start posting regularly.

Here I am over 20 months later and I still am only about to hit 1,000 posts :grin:

Never let it be said I'm in a hurry :laugh: