Inside:

6274-inside.jpg

Sides:

6274-side.jpg

6274-side2.jpg

6274-side3.jpg

6274-side4.jpg

Comments:

This classic set has a magnificent box. Although the pictures aren't as action packed as the 2009 Pirate line, it still works.

Maybe it's the nostalgia talking, but I really love the feel that these pictures and background sky creates. Another neat touch is the ability to open the front "flap" and take a closer look inside even before buying the set. I don't know if TLG still does that?

UPDATE:

In post #10 are the pictures of each alternative model idea from the back of the box

Edited by Phred

I think this is an awesome set but I find that the box art is a little dull :pir-laugh::pir-sceptic:

I loved the classic pirates boxes. They were so beautiful and had all this alternate models printed on it. I could never throw them and I still have them to this day.

I wish I had this set. Now its worth a lot, but I will soon get it!

All indexed now :pir-wink:

I think this is an awesome set but I find that the box art is a little dull :pir-laugh::pir-sceptic:

I agree here - there really isn't anything going on. True, graphic editing has got so much better since then (after all, this is just a photo, nothing added, nothing taken away), but the figures are pretty motionless too...

I loved the classic pirates boxes. They were so beautiful and had all this alternate models printed on it. I could never throw them and I still have them to this day.

They would often make quite good sets on their own too (like the fort and ship)

All indexed now :pir-wink:

I agree here - there really isn't anything going on. True, graphic editing has got so much better since then (after all, this is just a photo, nothing added, nothing taken away), but the figures are pretty motionless too...

Thanks for indexing Slyowl, and yes it is quite dull...

But the set itself is awesome, although many people feel bad about this ship, it is my favourite soldiers ship so far.

What I like about it is that it came with sailors, unlike its counterpart, the Imperial Flagship that came with only 4 crew and 2 were of officer statis.

I don't understand why some people don't like this set. Granted, it doesn't have an actual cabin, but the colours and the design is really top class. It's my favourite of the soldiers ships for sure, and my second/third favourite ship behind BSB and SES/BB

UPDATE:

Here are the pictures of each alternative model idea from the back of the box:

alt_1.jpg

alt_2.jpg

alt_3.jpg

alt_4.jpg

alt_5.jpg

alt_6.jpg

I found some great pictures of another box for the Clipper - I just love to look at mint sets (weird, I know)

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg