Capt. Kirk

Wake-up time !

For the ones how want a Lego Pirate-theme clock (and for the newbies who didn't know it excist).

Source: e-klocki.com

Author: Nori of klocki

Do you find it difficult to wake up in the morning? So what would you say if you could connect this dreaded activity with your hobby? Some time ago, a few sets came ou branded by Lego ( „Clic Time” to be specific ) consisting of one large element being an alarm clock mechanism and a few additional bricks. Those sets were generally connected to one of Lego main themes, so there were alarm clocks from Star Wars, Racers, Bionicle, Technic, Belville, Soccer and many others.

box03.jpg05.jpg

Being an Adventurers enthusiast myself, I have been searching for a long time (a few years!) for an alarm clock with this theme. A second-hand market was an only possible solution for me as the set was quite old - it came out in 2003. I had been very persistent in my search yet there was no way I could get that set. One time I had bought it on e-bay but the transaction was never finalised as the seller wasn’t willing to send it to Poland. But finally my patience has been rewarded! So what did I get?

Whole set is put in an elegant wrapping with cut-outs. Plastic packaging provide excellent protection for elements inside the box.

pack02.jpg

The main part - alarm clock mechanism - is put in a rectangle box which can be used as a regular Lego brick itself. At the front of it there’s a clock face, full of colours and pictures connected of course to the theme of the set.

Adventurers’ clock’s hands and numbers are perfectly readable, there’s no way one could commit mistake reading current time. And when you’re in the dark a little built-in light activated with a small button, comes in handy (but how does one find a button in the dark?). At the back there are two knobs - just like regular clocks - one is used to set the current time, while the other sets the time of the alarm. Worth mentioning is a fact that knobs are shaped like gears from Lego Technic.

04.jpg

After putting all the parts together one gets a small yet nice looking construction. Perfect for putting next to one’s bed!

01.jpg

For more photos of the Adventurers alarm clock visit my gallery, and below are some samples of what else Lego has to offer:

4250343.jpg4182614.jpg

4168037.jpg4285303.jpg

7399.jpg4426075.jpg

Luckily not all Lego Alarm Clocks are as hard to obtain as the one described above.

You can easily get most of them at e-bay and BrickLink Or some on ClickTime. Unfortunately not the Pirate one... 8(

Edited by Capt. Kirk

Great find. It looks like that clock comes with some really nice accessories. I have the Scary clock. It was one of the few LEGO purchases made during my dark ages. It doesn't have too many accessories, but I picked it because it was among the plainest of the clocks offered at that time. After getting back into LEGO, I'm really glad I picked this one, because it's just plain enough to be incorporated into a MOC. If only I could find it....

Edited by Eilif

Great find! However, I must inform you that Adventurers/JT information belongs in the History and Adventure subforum.

Nice find, The Stormtrooper clock is the best though :sadnew:

I think TLC should make a pirate clock. That would be great waking up to everyday if you know what I mean. :pir-wink:

Great find! However, I must inform you that Adventurers/JT information belongs in the History and Adventure subforum.

I know... but because there is also a pirate clock in it I just copied the article from a to z.

Also because it's not realy my find find if you now what I mean... and want to give all the credit to Nori.

Interesting....nothing for me but still interesting.

If TLC would make a new Pirates clock I would buy it though.

Boy I would love to have that as an alarm clock; awesome!!! pir_laugh2.gif

This thread has been dead for 5 and 1/2 years! please only revive posts that are over a few months old if you have something REALLY worthwhile to add to the conversation.

I wish they had made a classic pirate one, rather than that junior's pirates :/

offtopic: Everytime I see this topic, I think it is related to some campaign to revive the forum, gather more peeps, and start building big, like in the good old times xD