Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 2-Conclusion

We should find a way to post them all in order...

That would be so cool. I saved all the PMs I received and sent. I even spent an hour clearing my PM Inbox to 20%, the lowest it's been since I joined the staff...

That would be so cool. I saved all the PMs I received and sent. I even spent an hour clearing my PM Inbox to 20%, the lowest it's been since I joined the staff...

I only save the ones I receive, though some of the replies have the original in them. I must have 150...

When I was loyal, I spent a lot of time getting everyone to tell me what they knew and observed because I had no night action. I was literally the most boring character possible, aside from the landmine I still don't know about.

The first important break came early when Johnny told me that he had seen Perry and Inertiateri arguing outside my house. From there, I got each of them to tell me their version of it and basically knew what each one did in the game, just not their loyalty. I also knew that I had a good chance of building up trust, which I only intended to use to protect myself from rat accusations.

After that, I tried some random fishing for information and learned about Dragonateri's visit from Agent Black and heard about the affair. Since LeAnn had already mentioned that one was going on, I automatically believed it, not realising that she was just a nut (and right anyway). I was able to piece some things together that made me start to suspect Dickie, but couldn't see a way to use it.

When Agent Black showed up at the warehouse, I was surprised and a little disappointed. I was really into being loyal, but realised that it was the perfect break: I was trusted, I knew a lot of stuff about the loyal family and there were a number of loyal members in line for the gallows with just a little nudge (and I knew how to nudge 'em).

In some ways, I blew my cover at that point because I stopped sending as many PMs. It wasn't important for me to collect much more information, I knew pretty much everything I needed to know, but I should have kept sending them, just to maintain appearances. Fortunately, it didn't end up mattering.

Before Pavarti died, I suggested that she distract the issue by revealing the affair, but she just didn't seem to understand how to use that and I had to resort to getting Johnny to snoop around and do it. I was hoping that Dickie and Dragonateri would kill each other, imagining that they each had a landmine of some sort that would result in the other's death. When it only took Dragonateri, I was disappointed, but knew that made both Dickie and Alicia look bad. It wasn't hard to keep the idea of a rat in the affair going, and ultimately it killed them all.

This was definitely a behind-the-scenes manipulation game, which gave it an incredibly different dynamic from all the previous ones.

If you notice, during the last day I made this big announcement that we should just start doing everything out in the open instead of privately, then spent the next few PMs making sure Quarrioni and Johnny were on board to kill Dickie without ever saying a word in the thread and setting the endgame in motion. :devil:

I'll miss this game, it was definitely one of the most interesting yet. :sweet:

Shadows, if anyone tried to kill you at night, you would have shot them dead instead. That's a paranoid gun owner. And that's what you were.

Trexxen and Cpt Pegleg Blockbeard, it was so obvious (to me, anyway) when the two of you discovered that the other was a rat. You did it, literally, in the middle of a thread and even said something like "I think you know what I'm talking about. PM me to verify and nobody got suspicious.

I did roll my eyes at you when you sent me your final night action. Thanks for sticking to your instincts instead of following my clues. :hmpf:

The problem was of course that I trusted Ian. And that I was certain that either Alicia or Dickie was a treacherous lover, but not which one, though after I "saw" her run into the alley with her gun drawn I figured it had to be her, and that she had been trying to kill Ian. Silly me. All things considered I'm not sure if I'd ever vote for Ian in this game though, he had me that much duped. Guess he could have talked me into voting for Johnny Blue too.

Note to self: Never trust Shadows again. :tongue:

..and I wonder if I'll ever end up on the bad guy side in a mafia game on EB :tongue: (this is my fifth game on the good guy side)

Shadows, if anyone tried to kill you at night, you would have shot them dead instead. That's a paranoid gun owner. And that's what you were.

Trexxen and Cpt Pegleg Blockbeard, it was so obvious (to me, anyway) when the two of you discovered that the other was a rat. You did it, literally, in the middle of a thread and even said something like "I think you know what I'm talking about. PM me to verify and nobody got suspicious.

Actually, the irony is that we didn't even discover we were on the same side until that ill-fated mission we went on, when we were all detained and put in the same room. I was referring to my night action; I wanted to let someone in on it so I could dupe them into trusting me...=D

~Trexxen

The problem was of course that I trusted Ian. And that I was certain that either Alicia or Dickie was a treacherous lover, but not which one, though after I "saw" her run into the alley with her gun drawn I figured it had to be her, and that she had been trying to kill Ian.

So when the evidence came back that she didn't try to kill anybody, actually saved somebody, blew up the truck and on top of all that had been a successful part of your half of the mission-not to mention jumping out of the truck in the first place to come to everybody's aid-none of that swayed your opinion any? Really, that amazes me that one part of a sentence made you think she was a rat when tons of other evidence I gave you pointing towards Ian had you sluff it off as a "red herring." Also, didn't you get from my writing that if she had continued towards the theater, you would've gone down the alley with your gun drawn? My constructive advice for you in future games is to remove yourself from your perception and look at what the game host is showing you...

Actually, the irony is that we didn't even discover we were on the same side until that ill-fated mission we went on, when we were all detained and put in the same room. I was referring to my night action; I wanted to let someone in on it so I could dupe them into trusting me...=D

~Trexxen

Great. Now I have to go back and see what I was referring to to figure it out. :tongue:

So when the evidence came back that she didn't try to kill anybody, actually saved somebody, blew up the truck and on top of all that had been a successful part of your half of the mission-not to mention jumping out of the truck in the first place to come to everybody's aid-none of that swayed your opinion any? Really, that amazes me that one part of a sentence made you think she was a rat when tons of other evidence I gave you pointing towards Ian had you sluff it off as a "red herring." Also, didn't you get from my writing that if she had continued towards the theater, you would've gone down the alley with your gun drawn? My constructive advice for you in future games is to remove yourself from your perception and look at what the game host is showing you...

Indeed, I have a bad habit of concluding too early and not question my conclusions later on. Which leads to annoying results some times. :blush:

Indeed, I have a bad habit of concluding too early and not question my conclusions later on. Which leads to annoying results some times. :blush:

Oh, did I seem annoyed? :laugh:

Oh, did I seem annoyed? :laugh:

Uhm, no, a bit frustrated perhaps? :laugh: (I on the other hand am quite annoyed about my own failure. Live and learn I guess. (or die and learn as it was in this case :tongue:))

Edited by Quarryman

Look on the bright side, Quarrioni - you don't even have to have your title changed! :tongue:

~Trexxen

Hooray, time to talk about how I screwed things up, though it did work out a little in the end I guess...

First: I really didn't pay attention sometimes, which is apparent. I suppose I lost interest, which I know is bad, after I got narrowed down to being a rat. Guess I didn't see a need to defend myself, which again, is not a very good excuse.

Second: I don't know why I didn't do it immediately after I said I voted for Willie, but I didn't. And I forgot to do so later. I don't know why Hinck was merciful about that. Maybe he's been smacked in the head too much.

Third: I think IS mentioned this already, but I did not reveal the affair either. Honestly I couldn't really come up with a good way. I was sure that if I revealed it and was then shown as a rat people would trust Alicia and Dickie. There wasn't a good moment I could think of either, but I didn't even get to put in my rough draft before the day ended.

There's probably other things I botched, but that's all I can think of right now. I was also an investigator, and was going to claim to be loyal if the real loyal one, Zepher, didn't do so. Because I had to find my allies, I was allowed three investigations each night, and I did not get to find out their roles. After a bunch of searching, I don't think its really important to get into details of every single night, I found Trexxen to be a rat. He knew Perry was a rat, therefore he told me that. And as he already mentioned, that note was from me to him.

One thing I did disagree about was the conversion of IS. I thought that people would catch on to him eventually, since he was known to be quite crafty. It happened in Mystery Castle, so I was sure he would be caught. I had suggested Adalaide, who was already confirmed to be a loyalist. However its been shown that she would be a bad choice, since Adam wasn't active and was killed. And on the topic of IS, people trust him way too much! Come on! I wanted to kill him quickly in Baritones I so we wouldn't have to vote him off, and in Witch Hunt Mafia I planned on investigating him first. Just because he gives a lot to a game of life doesn't mean its part of his plots. Hopefully this didn't turn out to be much of a rant :classic:

Oh, and a real conclusion to that: IS is immortal. People don't want to vote for him, and every so often he turns out to be protected at night.

Anyways, I'm about done for now. Well played everyone, and I really enjoyed this game of life. Host another one, Hinck. You're good at these. Oh, and hopefully you won't hold it against me for what I botched.. maybe game wise but not personally!

I was referring to my night action; I wanted to let someone in on it so I could dupe them into trusting me...=D

That's what duped me for a while (hell, I was still duped until I was turned and you pm'ed me). I figured that since you had killed Boyd, then gave the winky nod about it in the next day's topic, you must be good.

Ivan was still being in his confusified state then. :wacko:

Third: I think IS mentioned this already, but I did not reveal the affair either. Honestly I couldn't really come up with a good way. I was sure that if I revealed it and was then shown as a rat people would trust Alicia and Dickie.

In the long run, it was better you didn't, since you were immediately found to be a rat. It might have made it harder for me. Then again, who knows? :laugh:

And on the topic of IS, people trust him way too much! Come on! I wanted to kill him quickly in Baritones I so we wouldn't have to vote him off, and in Witch Hunt Mafia I planned on investigating him first. Just because he gives a lot to a game of life doesn't mean its part of his plots. Hopefully this didn't turn out to be much of a rant :classic:

I do embellish, a bit. It keeps things interesting, though I think it always makes me look suspicious. Sort of like Hinck. We play these similarly in that regard. Of course he was actually a witch, so that's different. :wink:

Oh, and a real conclusion to that: IS is immortal. People don't want to vote for him, and every so often he turns out to be protected at night.

Undead since 1836. :grin:

I should've killed ptdapen the day he didn't vote. I believe Adam also didn't vote that day. Adam came back with some lame excuse "I thought I did vote." :hmpf: Then he voted the next day before the third or fourth post and never posted again. :hmpf: My point is, I drew a name out of a cup between ptdapen and Adam, the two non-participants and drew out ptdapen to kill randomly. I chose to let it slide because I didn't want to leave Shadows at an unfair advantage. Again I use this emoticon: :hmpf:

In the long run, it's better that I let ptdapen live because it gave you goons your one correct conviction. Way to go. :tongue:

I chose to let it slide because I didn't want to leave Shadows at an unfair advantage.

Freudian slip, much? I believe you mean disadvantage, unless you really did think that me being all alone was some kind of unfair advantage against everyone else.

:laugh:

I'm going to shut up now, they're already planning how to kill me in the next game as it is. :grin:

Freudian slip, much? I believe you mean disadvantage, unless you really did think that me being all alone was some kind of unfair advantage against everyone else.

:laugh:

I'm going to shut up now, they're already planning how to kill me in the next game as it is. :grin:

Well, that's what it turned out to be anyway, so the slip was truth... :blush:

Great. Now I have to go back and see what I was referring to to figure it out. :tongue:

wow you really do get involved in the game. seems like though all these hints you wanted the goons to win :hmpf_bad::angry:

I protected him but just ask Hinckley... I did vote for him! :tongue:

As for the pm idea, every body email what you have to hinckley me. make sure to include who you were talking to and include a time stamp(make it GMT for his my sainity! (your what?)

Email I presume is on blahblah$%^&@blahblah.net only with out the "#$%" in it PM it to me! (mwahaha)

We can give the long draining task to the host me he I will love it :grin:

Edited by ImperialShadows
Had a better idea.

excuse the double post but I think you all know why...

I guess IS did not like the fact I vote for him :tongue:

I better watch what I say he will just edit it all any way.

I am sticking to my plans :tongue:

Regards, Cpt. PB

I better watch what I say he will just edit it all any way.

I am sticking to my plans :tongue:

I can do a lot worse than that. :devil:

And seriously, don't flood Hinck with a bunch of crap or you'll find that he can do even worse than I can. *oh2*

So.... what next?

Hinck, could you possibly tell me two things?

What really happened in full in that final job, and why was the character who insulted Adelaide insane the way he was. did he have to be that way, or was he just a god awful player?

Seconded, on both accounts. I think I pretty much know by now what happened in each, but it would still be cool.

Also, what were the other jobs about?

Edited by Jlblue

That ending was more fantastic than I would ever have imagined. :laugh:

Really well played Shadows, you bastard. :tongue: Nice job on getting me killed. I must admit you had me tied around your finger for the whole time I was playing, a stupid mistake I really shouldn't have made. I will blame it on being very busy while the game was running (and once again, I'm sorry I missed a few days, it really didn't help me at all). Anyway, once I was dead I could see that you had to have been either converted or a rat from the beginning, as the PMs you sent me and how you reacted in my last day were very contradictory. Still, I think you topped your performance in Mystery Castle. :laugh: Congrates on the win, you really deserved this one. :thumbup:

Sir Dillon and Alicia, I think you two also played an excellent game, I'm only sorry we couldn't all have survive, it was inevitable that one of us would die early. According to how I should have played my character, I should have been hounding you right from the beginning really, Sir Dillon, but I had a suspicion that we all must be loyal, that or you were a rat who was controlling my wife (I thought this because of the whole voting thing). Therefore I left you alone as long as possible, because I suspected one or both of us would die if there was a confrontation. I guess this turned against me though, and you and IS did a nice job getting everyone to vote for me. Ah well, I'll do better next time I hope, I certainly enjoyed trying to fight for my life. :grin: That whole thing with Agent Black really screwed me over. I must say I might have enjoyed being converted, I've never been a bad guy before. :devil:

And of course, what would we do without our fabulous host Hinckley. Thanks mate, what an awesome game! :sweet: The many clues, hilarious and witty moments, and subtle use of all sorts of references really made this fun to play and then follow. There were some really neat hidden motives and things that only came out later on in the game, and it is things like that that make for an exciting game. I really do look forwards to Baritones 3, whenever that may be, as this was a heck of a lot of fun. Great job as always, I have high expectations for next time, it certainly sounds interesting!

So.... what next?

Hinck, could you possibly tell me two things?

What really happened in full in that final job, and why was the character who insulted Adelaide insane the way he was. did he have to be that way, or was he just a god awful player?

1. The final job was admittedly a little convoluted. But, there were two parts. The first part was Quarrioni, Dickie and Alicia moving all the evidence from the warehouse to the alley. That part was successful, because there was no rat involved. Piav, Ian and Johnny Blue were supposed to load the second truck and escort it to the city limits. That part failed because Ian was a rat. When the cops came, Ian fell out of the cab of the truck and got hung up on the door by his jacket for a second. His wire fell off and he landed on it, smashing it. Piav heard him drop something and Alicia (who had returned to help-not kill, Quarryman :hmpf: ) saw the smashed wire on the ground. Johnny Blue was hit in the head by some poorly stacked trash and Alicia saved him from the cops and then to create a diversion fired a couple of shots into the idling truck which exploded. Quarryman and Dickie went through the Theater to rescue Piav and Ian ran off on his own to use the bathroom or something.

2. Pencoin was just crazy as a person. Pedro wasn't created to be a crass attention-hungry moron.

Really well played Shadows, you bastard. :tongue:

Hey! You guys were the bastards Baritones! :tongue:

Still, I think you topped your performance in Mystery Castle. :laugh: Congrates on the win, you really deserved this one. :thumbup:

Thanks! Coming from you, that means a lot. *kicks your tombstone anyway* :tongue:

1. The final job was admittedly a little convoluted. But, there were two parts. The first part was -snip- nobody cares about this part -endsnip- Piav, Ian and Johnny Blue were supposed to load the second truck and escort it to the city limits. That part failed because Ian was a rat. When the cops came, Ian fell out of the cab of the truck and got hung up on the door by his jacket for a second. His wire fell off and he landed on it, smashing it. Piav heard him drop something and Alicia (who had returned to help-not kill, Quarryman :hmpf: ) saw the smashed wire on the ground. Johnny Blue was hit in the head by some poorly stacked trash and Alicia saved him from the cops and then to create a diversion fired a couple of shots into the idling truck which exploded. Quarryman and Dickie went through the Theater to rescue Piav and Ian ran off on his own to use the bathroom or something.

No no no, that's not how it went at all. Geez, it's almost like you weren't even there. :hmpf:

Ok, so I was loading the last box in the front of the truck, a special box of whiskey for us to celebrate after the job, when I heard gunshots and dropped the box. Piav, rat that he was, pulled me out of the truck hoping to help the cops arrest me and then threw some trash at Johnny, knocking him to the ground. Then he dropped his wire, stepped on it, and ran like a little girl. Alicia shot me in the ear while I was going around to close up the back of the truck (why was I closing up the back of the truck at this point? because I made this story up very quickly at the time) and then ran like hell. I stopped in a bathroom in the park then returned to the warehouse and reported in. Alicia and Johnny showed up in ridiculous costumes because Hinck had a concussion that day.

It makes a lot more sense now, doesn't it? :grin:

It's actually because the only other available costumes we found were blue overalls. :tongue:

And we really didn't want Dickie to accuse us of being rats merely on the basis of blue overalls.

Sign in to follow this