Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 2-Conclusion

001.jpg

True to his word, Quarrioni targeted Alicia since Dickie turned out to be loyal.

002.jpg

Alicia wasn't so easy to take out.

"You idiot!" She screamed as she turned, grabbing his gun and landing a swift kick to the groin, "I told you I'm not a rat! I saved Johnny Blue's life and kept all of the incriminating evidence out of the feds' hands."

003.jpg

"What kind of idiot are you?" She continued as she slammed his hand onto the desk, wrestling his gun away.

004.jpg

Click!

005.jpg

"Aw nuts," She said, "Just my luck. Jammed."

006.jpg

"I've heard just about enough out of you." Quarrioni said as he jacked Alicia in the face.

007.jpg

"Didn't your mother teach you never to hit a lady?" Alicia asked as she gently butted Quarrioni in the head with the rifle...

008.jpg

...then jacked him in the balls with it too, just for good measure, before running out into the warehouse.

009.jpg

"Aw nuts." Alicia said as she found herself cornered, "It's like I'm always screaming at those dumb women in horror movies-Go out the front door, not up the stairs."

010.jpg

But it was too late. Quarrioni had caught up with her and he was mighty dangerous with a rope.

"I can't help but think," Alicia thought, "that voting for the guy whose only duty was to protect me might not have been such a good idea..."

011.jpg

Quarrioni threw Alicia over the balcony and heard the satisfying snap of her neck.

"This looks more like a brewery than a warehouse," he thought.

012.jpg

"Oh geez. You killed Alicia?" Asked Johnny Blue, "I guess I should've been more clear about how she saved my life. Oh well, I'll go check her house to see if she was a rat or not."

013.jpg

Ian followed Johnny Blue holding the gun he had snuck out of the lockbox...

014.jpg

"Gotcha!" Cried Quarrioni, "Finally, we found the last rat and it only took seeing him try to kill Johnny Blue that convinced me he was a rat!"

"I still don't believe it." Johnny Blue said.

015.jpg

With moves like a Russian wrestler, Ian escaped the hold Quarrioni had him in and jacked him in the face...

016.jpg

...which sent him sailing under the lift.

"This is going to be so cool!" Ian said as he ran to the lift controls.

017.jpg

Before Quarrioni could regain his bearings, the lift was on top of him.

018.jpg

And soon it was all over for Quarrioni.

"Sorry pal." Ian said to the corpse of Quarrioni. "My night action, recently acquired by the way, was to kill Johnny Blue, but since you already killed Alicia, it would have only been the two of us left, therefore I win and you die."

019.jpg

But Johnny Blue wouldn't go so easily. He introduced Ian to the business end of a handtruck and they both when tumbling back into the breakroom.

020.jpg

"Time to say goodnight, Ian." Johnny Blue said as he brought the hand truck down...

021.jpg

...onto a dark blue (or was it black?) hard hat. The hand truck bounced lamely off of it and the hardhat went rolling away from Ian.

022.jpg

"I am a happy man for the wearing of the hardness hat." Ivan said.

"Wait, you're Ivan?" Johnny Blue asked, "How did you lose the accent and broken English? Was the hat some sort of Babelfish?"

023.jpg

"Ha! Enough of the questioning." Ivan laughed, "Perhaps you should have been asking the questioning of you and yourself before this."

024.jpg

"Like why does one find poop on the sidewalk and then a product called FiberCon in the house of mine and not think that I was making the poop. You were the playing so well of this game, but then what was the happening to you?"

025.jpg

"Nobody has any feds doing the sitting outside of the house except me and you explain it away and don't think I could be the rat who does the remaining? I am appreciating of the trust in me, you have no doubt, OK? But, boy oh boy, that was a silly thing for you to think."

026.jpg

"But you played most of game very well," Ivan admitted, "And so I think you are deserving of a crazy type death."

027.jpg

"Ha! Drowning in toilet is crazy for you for playing so well."

028.jpg

"Now you are the Johnny Blue for the reality!"

029.jpg

"What happened here?" Iris asked, "What's all the commotion."

"I am not the hearing of any commotion here." Ivan said, "Perhaps you hearing of the phantom sounds and need the checking of you hears?"

030.jpg

"It's you!" Iris said as she pointed her gun at Ivan, "I should've known..."

"Yes," Ivan admitted, "I am the one who is agreeing with that. Most everyone should have known, but in the end, the case is maybe being something else, no?"

031.jpg

Kapow!

032.jpg

"That's what you get for killing my wife, you bitch!" Agent Sky said.

"Hello there Agent Sky," Ivan said, "You are arriving right on the correct timing."

033.jpg

"Sorry we couldn't get here sooner, we weren't sure where everyone ran off to after that last job."

034.jpg

"Nice work, Agent Sky," said Agent Nelson, "Want to have sex?"

"Do I :sweet: ?" Said Agent Sky.

035.jpg

"Amazing that you are the last one left, considering you were the one who was converted on Night 4." Agent Black said to Ian.

"I am knowing that!" Ian said, "Although that doesn't gel with my backstory the whole game, it is the convenient now that I am the last sole surviving. Good thing I am the one who everyone is doing the trusting of. Ha! And then I killed them all...I mean, a man who is called Quarrioni killed all of theses peoples. I have killed none of them. It was that dead man who is crushed under lift. Then Iris kill him, not me. I killed nobody. :grin: "

The Winner and 1 remaining informant/survivor

Ian/Ivan played by ImperialShadows

Dead Rats

Boyd played by Bob the construction man-Dead. Stabbed to death on Night 1 Rat

Wynona played by wouwie13-Dead. Shot to death on Night 3 Rat

Perry Blockioli played by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard-Dead. Shot to death on Night 4 Rat

Trexxisanti played by Trexxen-Dead. Hung on Night 6 Rat

Pavarti played by ptdapen-Dead. Condemned on Day 8 Rat

Loyal, yet deceased

Pedro played by Pencoin-Dead. Killed by Adalaide on Day 1

Tony played by Atoll Dweller-Dead. Shot to death on Night 1

Zabrina played by Zepher-Dead. Throat slit on Night 3

Stanton played by stash2sixx-Dead. Condemned on Day 4

Richie played by ricecracker-Dead. Condemned on Day 5

LeAnn played by lego12-Dead. Shot to death on Night 5

Inertiatieri played by Inertia-Dead. Throat slit on Night 5

Dragonatieri played by Dragonator-Dead. Condemned on Day 7

Willie Fangolie played by WhiteFang-Dead. Shot to death on Night 7

Adalaide played by Adam-Dead. Accidental death on Night 8

Piav Blockioli played by TinyPiesRUs-Dead. Condemned on Day 9

Dickie played by Sir Dillon-Dead. Condemned on Day 10

Alicia played by Alice-Dead. Hung by Quarrioni on Night 10

Johnny Blue played by Jlblue-Dead. Swirlied to death by Ian on Night 10

Quarrioni played by Quarryman-Dead. Final kill on Night 10...

You'll get more detailed thoughts and explanations from me later. Until then, discuss...

This is the very first time ever, a rat has won the mafia game... Geez, this reminds me like the Carter scenario back in Baritones I. The only differences is, we managed to nail down Carter before he nails us down. It seemed many of us are fooled by Ian's crappy trusting talk... :hmpf:

We are like killing each other off, without getting our facts right. It has been a great game so far, and I will share more of my thoughts later. Meanwhile, I will like to said, "I am still innocent". :laugh:

Oh, it's nice to see Agent Sky back in action. :blush:

Hinck, thanks for this very exciting games and the actions involved are funny especially J.Blue toliet flush. It gave me a good laugh.

Guess there's only one thing to say: congratulations Shadows, you had me completely duped. :classic:

(and so ends my winning streak, and now we're tied in the totals :hmpf_bad: Also, I seem to have deserved my title now, guess I'll have to wear this nifty avatar for a few days :tongue:)

Anyway, thanks a lot to Hinckley for hosting this, it's been great :thumbup: I was a bit worried about the balance in the beginning, but it turned out to be just right. (clearly, only one person survived) The conclusion was especially nice, (though I'm still missing Steve and the crossdressing construction worker :hmpf_bad: )

This is the very first time ever, a rat has won the mafia game... Geez, this reminds me like the Carter scenario back in Baritones I. The only differences is, we managed to nail down Carter before he nails us down. It seemed many of us are fooled by Ian's crappy trusting talk... :hmpf:

No, the bandits won the western mafia (which for some reason hasn't been moved to this subforum..) Or did you mean that it's the first time only one person survived? In that case you're right,

Edited by Quarryman

Guess there's only one thing to say: congratulations Shadows, you had me completely duped. :classic:

(and so ends my winning streak, and now we're tied in the totals :hmpf_bad: Also, I seem to have deserved my title now, guess I'll have to wear this nifty avatar for a few days :tongue:)

In fact, Shadows got all of us duped... Nearly all. :hmpf_bad: Too bad, I was in a position where all of you had cornered me to death. Well, I did escape one night of convicition.

No, the bandits won the western mafia (which for some reason hasn't been moved to this subforum..)

Ok. I will look into that later. :classic:

I was wondering what happened to Ivan since he was mentioned like once I think in the game...

A great game Hinckley I enjoyed following it. :classic::thumbup:

Two words people, two words ... CHEFS HAT! :laugh:

Right there in my house, all the proof you needed. Chefs hat, FiberCon (you can't take my word about what it is, you have to Google it yourselves, though I did find a perfectly suitable cover for it in the concrete reinforcement company, whew...).

I could have killed Hinck for that clue. :hmpf_bad:

I won't even get into my name being Ian after playing Ivan. Even when I was loyal, I suspected me. :tongue:

Seriously, this was, by far, the best game yet, and I'm not just saying that because you're all dead, I really mean it. Once I had been converted, I realised the situation I was in. Everyone seemed to trust me at that point, and suddenly it was my job to misdirect and lead you to disaster, right as I was getting a grasp on the rat situation.

If it hadn't been for that conversion, we would have continued down the path of killing Willie and Pavarti and probably figured out Trexxesani along the way, but he would have had to convert someone else (he was the one sending Agent Black, the one who decided to turn me at just the right moment to insure rat success) and then we would have either won or been stuck figuring out who the last rat was. Picking me to convert was the perfect choice since I was widely trusted at the time (though night-actionless).

From there, madness ensued, mostly subtle misdirection and letting the natural suspicions take over. I didn't have to fight very hard on some, I was practically talked into Dickie (who, when I was loyal, I suspected was a rat :laugh:) which opened the door to the whole endgame.

Thanks to everyone for a great game, especially crazy witch Iris... Ivan was wanting to make you the deadness since Baritones I and the Johnny Blue death was absolutely beautiful (and dammit, now I need a yellow handtruck :hmpf: ). :devil:

Looks like Lego12 and I were right.

What gave it away for me was the whole "Ian, your ear is bleeding". I thought that meant that he had one of those microphones in his ear, that the FBI use often.

In the end, they all found out that crime never pays...

Next time we kill shadows straight away. He's too convincing!

We yield to your greatness.

Who killed me by the way?

Oh. My. God.

No. Way. Night Four?

Geez, I feel like such a complete newbie now for trusting him so much. But to be fair, I'm sort of glad that the FBI won, because technically they're the good guys, and Sky shooting Iris was too awesome for words. Plus Ian being Ivan... why didn't I expect that?

By the way, how many conversions did the FBI actually have? Clearly they couldn't do it every night, otherwise we would've been overwhelmed.

At least I got a "crazy type death" for my playing the game. Good job. :thumbup:

Next time we kill shadows straight away. He's too convincing!

It's not my fault I was turned! I was actually happy being loyal, but even I didn't know that I had been brainwashed by the Baritones as revenge for the first game ... of life, and was serving them against my will. When Agent Black came and revealed it all to me, it was such a relief to be back to Ivan, but at the same time, I was really into being loyal, so it was a conflict.

We yield to your greatness.

Shut up. :angry::blush::laugh:

Who killed me by the way?

I was confused, too. I think it was Trexxasani, while Quarrioni killed LeAnn to pretty much wipe out your family tree in one shot. :laugh:

At least I got a "crazy type death" for my playing the game. Good job. :thumbup:

I'm surprised Ivan didn't say, "Oh my, you are looking the flushed, Johnny." :grin:

And really, you played well, just remember that someone can be converted after you've found them to be loyal, so you have to keep rechecking people. A lot. :wink:

I told you Zepher! Zepher and I conferred after we both died, and I suspected Ian. I've had my suspicions from the start (Though obviously those were unfounded), but the real nail on the coffin was when on the day I died, he asked me about my role. I knew I was going to die anyway, so I sent him who I was. He then proceeded to give out lies about me, clearly showing he was a rat.

Thank you so much for this game Hinckley, it was a lot of fun. Words can't express how thankful I am for you hosting this (And letting me play :blush: ). Is there going to be a Baritones 3? I guess not, but we could have a remix sort of, where the FBI has rats, and they have to kill them :tongue: . Thanks again.

I knew he was the damn rat. I just knew it. Manipulative... Son of a Bi.. OH JUST WAIT. And my God.. I was the most obviously loyal person at the end and everyone wanted to target me. My role was fairly calm except for the affair and badassness at the end. I think we did well avoiding Dickie's death and convincing everyone that Draggy needed to die. That was kinda funny actually. Draggy needs to die because Alicia is having an affair on him with Dickie. :hmpf: I'm curious, what would have happened if Draggy lived? I'll post more later when I have more time.

JBlue, Shadow's ego has just been boosted and it did not need any help. So stop being so happy. :laugh: We could have teamed up if you had trusted the one person who saved your life and won the damn game. We could have won!

Edited by Alice

I just realized that theoretically, since Ian was Ian until he was converted, at which point he was Ivan "all along," does that make him a Schrödinger's Rat?

*Hopes Someone Gets the Science Joke*

Great final Hinck! It was great to be part of it! :thumbup:

Any plans for Baronites III? :sweet:

I guess my favourite time of this game was when I had to make sure people didn't kill me so I could have a go at Trexxinsani the following night, and then woke up to find the hilarious fight. And the suspense just kept building as I scrolled down (my laptop monitor is rather small so not much fit at a time) until I came to the part where I knew I had survived the night. :grin: Which I suppose I'll let Hinckley explain how was resolved, if he wants to.

I was confused, too. I think it was Trexxasani, while Quarrioni killed LeAnn to pretty much wipe out your family tree in one shot. :laugh:

Correct, I killed LeAnn, Trexxinsani killed Intertiatieri. That was completely unplanned and a funny coincidence. :laugh:

JBlue, Shadow's ego has just been boosted and it did not need any help. So stop being so happy. :laugh: We could have teamed up if you had trusted the one person who saved your life and won the damn game. We could have won!

It's sadly ironic that if I'd let my metagaming urge get the better of me and killed him we probably would have won. :laugh:

I just realized that theoretically, since Ian was Ian until he was converted, at which point he was Ivan "all along," does that make him a Schrödinger's Rat?

*Hopes Someone Gets the Science Joke*

:laugh: (yes, I got it, good one actually)

Wow, that was quite the game! Thanks very much Hinckley, I had a blast playing it.

Congratulations Shadows, well played. When you told me that "we shouldn't trust Iris", I became very suspicious of you, because that just seems like a stupid thing to say. I never did anything about it, though even if I did I'm not sure if it would have mattered... everyone trusted you, and they obviously didn't trust me.

The highlight of the game for me was probably living through the day when JLBlue announced I was having an affair with Alicia. I never really believed I would last, so I was thrilled when I did. If Dragonator had any other night action, I probably would have been killed, but fortunately for me, the Night Killer was an weird role that we had never seen before, and that combined with Dragon's frequent disappearances (which wasn't really his fault) were enough to make him look more like a rat than I did. I was lucky that no one seemed to remember when Iris said on the first day that her Night Killer was one of us.

Was there any good reason for you guys voting me off other than a feeling? I understand I looked suspicious when I killed Pavarti like that (which was not my fault!), but I had also thought that it would be obvious that I was innocent, considering Iris said "don't kill the hitman!" and the overalls thing.

Even though my special role was a small one, I'm very glad I got it. Protecting Alicia never did anything, but it made me feel important, and Alice and I exchanged dozens of private messages throughout the game, which made it much more interesting. Last game, I just waited around for the days to start, but this time I had someone to discuss the game with, which allowed me to become much more involved than I might have otherwise. Alice, even though you helped kill me, I'm glad you weren't the rat.

Hinckley, what would have happened if my landmine went off? I admit I was half hoping for one of the night killers to attack me, just to see what it was, though it probably would have killed me. Also, was there any reason behind me loosing Alice's vote besides trying to turn us on each other?

It's too bad Zabrina was killed off so early, we could have really used her powers towards the end. Johnny did his best, but because he could only see whether they had a night action, I think it led us to some false pretensions.

As far as the game play itself goes, I think Hinckley did a great job mixing it up without making it uneven or sloppy. Something that bugged me though was that people came late to the meetings. Once we realized that those who came in late had night actions, I think it became unfair to them.

Thanks again Hinckley, and thanks to everyone who played.

How come Shadows is always the last and most silver tongued rat?

And well... Revenge shall come in the next mafia game! I'll get you one day Shadows!

Trexx and Quarrey you two are such evil buggers. Killing my family off like that!

Well... What was left of it, I really didn't mind that LeAnn died. Enough with the clothes already, woman!

Fantastic ending! Of course, to anyone who wasn't playing the game, it was dang obvious that either Jlblue or ImperialShadows was the rat, but I must admit, I was leaning towards Jlblue until I read Jlblue's findings while searching ImperialShadows' house. Duh, he was Ivan!

Nope, it's not - I believe the enemies one in the Western Mafia, no?

Yes, we most certainly did LeAnn! =P

This game was great - not only was I the killer for the rats, but I was the converter. My first attempt was on Dragonatieri, but it was unsuccessful. Thankfully, Ian had mistakenly contacted me early in the game and we happened to agree on many things. That, combined with the amount of misplaced trust in Ian, led to my immediate conversion of him...

Also, my relation with Perry happened to be by chance as well - he was the first to figure out my killer night action, and on night 2 (I think), I found out he was a rat - I definitely made a good choice to trust him! After that, it was a simple matter of getting him to keep doing what he was doing and convincing you all that I was loyal. Unfortunately, a well-played move by Quarrioni got me killed - don't know if it was by a coin toss as Quarrioni mentioned, though - I'm curious about that...=P

Anyways, though, I have almost all of my PMs from the game saved (at the request of, well, the people I PM'd), so if anyone wants them I can either post them here or e-mail them to people. It's been great, and I too am looking forward to a Baritones III - although after what happened in this game, I think there won't be one...=P

~Trexxen

Great final Hinck! It was great to be part of it! :thumbup:

Any plans for Baronites III? :sweet:

How can he do it; All of the Baronites are dead.

I was right! I knew since Day 8. Come one guys, its was SO obvious........ :hmpf: Good ending Hinckley. A great Mafia game and for the first time ever, the rat won! :oh: I still don't know why Quarrioni killed me. I said I was loyal.........I was crazy though........ :tongue: In Hinckley's games, I'm always a lunatic that says a bunch of stuff that isn't true. Also, nobody asked who was the one that cheated? :grin:

That's weird, though, Trexxen, Perry was a rat from the beginning? I figured no wire meant he was converted.

Wow, I didn't see that one coming. I thought the last rat was Alicia. I have to say that you, JlBlue did a great job at this. This is the first Mafia Game I've followed so far, so hopefully I have enough experience to be in the next one: Noir Mafia.

And thanks to Hinckley for hosting the game. I had a great time trying to figure out clues (without PMs), which were really hard. I had no idea that the pictures alone could have a huge impact on the story. :sweet:

Quarryman's death reminded me of Total Recall...:sick:

I'm pretty sure many people thought it was Alicia. I conferred with some people, and that's who they thought it was. Overall, I loved this, it was pretty difficult even with PMs. Sorry guys about quoting the PMs, I didn't really think it through :blush:

Sign in to follow this