Sign in to follow this  
Hunter

Slightly Modified 6242 Soldier's Fort

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 61c

When the pirates line was launched in my youth, I only had occasion to get the Imperial Flagship, and a few of the little sets. Lo and behold, now that I'm gainfully employed, the Pirates are re-released!

I bought Brickbeard's Bounty and the Soldier's Fort, as well as a few cannon battle to get back into the swing of things. The fort was a lot of fun to build, but I noticed that there was not much room for more than a few soldiers to stand around.

I started with the grand intention of building a large fort, and a garrison as an add-on, all in the modular style of 6242. Then, having not played with my Lego in years, came to a sad realization... while my bricks used to be all sorted, to save space I dumped everything into three plastic tubs... of the 68 litre variety...

Finding ANY piece in 204 litres of lego is challenging, particularly when it involves lots of brown and other colours which are not nearly as common in my older brick collection.

So it ended up being more like an add-on parade ground, extending the dock a bit with a few more fortifications and a gallows at the end. Maybe some day I'll organize my lego again, but it is such a daunting job I think I'd need a lot more space, and motivation to do so.

So here is the grand imagined, and much more modestly realized modified 6242 Soldier's Fort

lego_pirates_005.jpg

Gallery

wow, that looks good! Exactly what this fort needs :pir_laugh2:

really like the gibbet!

I got this set yesterday and I think I'm going to do some modding too soon

This is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than the original, I found that the original fort didn't have enough room. Good job :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well done HuntleyFx, I love the modified fort of you.

The gallows give it a bit of cruelty as well

Well done HuntleyFx, I love the modified fort of you.

The gallows give it a bit of cruelty as well

I agree.