Sign in to follow this  
Carbohydrates

MOC: Classic Car

indexed.gif V-LV-27B

This is a design of mine from about 5 years ago. I rendered it in '04 and never built it until this month, so I actually wasn't the first person to build my own design. "whoward69" used some cross-section renders I had and built this iteration, from which I promptly stole the hood ornament for my own. And here's mine!

ccbb001.jpg

More pics: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=371432

More pics with a zesty pinch of words: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/102439

Let me be the first to say that this is nice! :thumbup:

Love the use of upside down inverted 1x3 double slopes on the hood. The touches of chrome are all in the right place, and the minifig is well chosen. My feedback would be that I am not keen on the wheels - the technic axles look too long and I don't think the technic piece on the outside of the wheel fits in with the rest of the car.

Well done though! :classic:

You made a very nice sports car here. All of it blends nice together and the mud guards look very suiting, I might have to take a page out of your book. The chromed front is also very well made giving it an authentic look.

Nice MOC, interesting designs for the engine and the mud guards and cool use of chrome parts :thumbup:

My feedback would be that I am not keen on the wheels - the technic axles look too long and I don't think the technic piece on the outside of the wheel fits in with the rest of the car.

Well done though! :classic:

Thanks for the feedback. I could do it the way whoward69 did (linked above) and hold the wheels with pins rather than an axle, but I sort of like the way the technic half bushing looks on the end. I could always try it, though!

A pretty splendid looking vintage car indeed, and I like that original wheel design. Maybe that chromed steering wheel, although

very fitting, is a little to close to the driver. And, if I´m allowed to say so... give car doors a chance... :laugh:

A pretty splendid looking vintage car indeed, and I like that original wheel design. Maybe that chromed steering wheel, although

very fitting, is a little to close to the driver. And, if I´m allowed to say so... give car doors a chance... :laugh:

Thanks! In order for the steering wheel to not collide with the driver's feet, it has to be either pushed a little far toward him by one plate as seen here or raised up one plate. As for car doors, well, I'm not sure I could really fit them in on this particular design. I never really go out of my way to try to, either, but I tend to put aesthetics above function. Again, thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Carbohydrates

Lovely car! I remember seeing this one next to your bike ;] In fact, this one got me thinking whether I shouldn't give 5-wide building a try myself... And guess what, I think I'm going to give it a shot some time later on! Thanks for sharing :]

i love it! i like the chrome wheel :tongue::thumbup: it looks like a rolls

Edited by prateek

Good job on this fine looking classic car, especially on the detailed front and back. It does look very nice, and it will be even much better with doors by the side. :wink:

By the way, this moc has been featured in Classic-Town.net. :sweet:

Good job on this fine looking classic car, especially on the detailed front and back. It does look very nice, and it will be even much better with doors by the side. :wink:

By the way, this moc has been featured in Classic-Town.net. :sweet:

I'm absolutely honored! Thank you for the feature.

Again, I'm not sure doors will be possible due to the odd construction, but I'll definitely try. You can see the difficulty when you look at the underside picture of the car - the entire side except for the panels is turned sideways and attached by headlight brick to the bottom of the windscreen, supported by the exhaust. I'm not sure there's a solid point nearby to attach doors to, nor if the doors would fit the shape of the side. As I said, though, I'll play with it a bit and see what happens!