Sign in to follow this  
TechnicJuan

Crowkillers New Technic Death Race Car

Those saws are awesome.

As is the Tahu sword usage.

Paul sent me some early pics of this car a few months ago. I had no idea that it would turn out like this. Wow. This guy has some serious skills. Too bad all he does is cars. Putting that skull on the roof was genious. Also love all of the mechanisms for the weapons. This is like an Uber-Supercar.

Good job Paul. Wish you worked for Lego, so we could have sets like this. :thumbup:

:oh3: Dude! That's flipping amazing! :wub: I loved the Death Race movie, and this MOC is the ultimate tribute to it! It's incredible that it looks this good (with the flames and the skull and the overall design) and has all these great functions at the same time! I love it!

Mega-kudos to the maker! :thumbup:

What's even more impressive is the fact that this is actually a "Super-Car" with full suspension, transmission, steering, ect... I have been studying some of these pics and I am impressed with how crowkillers utilized some of the pieces. When you look at a piece sometimes you can see 4 or 5 uses for it. He manages to find 30! He made some cool tailights too that just seem to fit into those bent liftarms. I wonder if this was planned, or by accident. :wink:

What are those pieces that he used for the transmission plate here? The ones in between that separate the shift points. Are they crankshaft pieces? I can't figure out how he did this. I want to build a small transmission studless like this.

dr508.jpg

There's only 2 things that come to mind that I'd have done differently...

---Have saws going in opposite directions

---get rid of those darn blue pegs... they stick out like a sore thumb.

Other than that... WOW.

Stuff like this makes me wish even more that Lego would get around to redesigning Technic figures to not suck... so cool things like this can have drivers again!

Funny you brought up about the saw blades, I e-mailed Crow a couple of days ago about that because I thought they should be opposite too, and he said that he originally was going to do that, but the blade only had texture on one side and the other side was flat and they just did now look right. I guess I can see his reasoning behind that. It would have been cool to do away with all of the blue pegs, I agree. They do look bad.

Oh wow is that ever cool. I wonder if he is going to sell it. This guy constantly amazes me with every car that he does. He made use of parts that I would have never thought about using them for. I see now he has finally started building with Power Functions.

pf100.jpg

This looks promising, I like what he used for a clutch. He needs to get a video up of it in action. What is the purpose of a double clutch for the steering though?

I also see that Industrial Designer is working on a convertable roof for his supercar project. Looks way cool.