The Cobra

LEGO employees hand out tiny versions of themselves as business cards

LEGO employees hand out tiny versions of themselves as business cards

11 Commentsby Doug Aamoth on February 26, 2009

Apparently if you work at LEGO, you get a miniaturized LEGO person of yourself with your contact info on the back. Then when someone asks for your business card, you hand them the figure. That is — how you say — outstanding. Never mind the gigantic bulge of LEGO figures in everyone’s pockets and the incessant noise that must fill every hallway at LEGO headquarters when people walk around, it’s the principle of the idea that makes it so wonderful.

It’d be fun to work at LEGO long enough to collect a paycheck and a sack full of mini Dougs, just so I can cross that off my list of things to do before I die.

lego-card.jpg

Found Here.

What happens when you get a new phone number :tongue: ? Or was that LEGO's number? I'm impressed anyway.

Edited by Skipper 24

Not only is Tommy Armstrong 'the best' (in my opinion) but very friendly, too. I had a name tag made (work related) and it became the talk of the office. I would definitely recommend Tommy if anyone of you are seriously thinking of any brick engraving.

Oooh, this is great. If I were a employee there I would dress in dark tan or some rare color just so the figs could have that color. What a cute and fun idea.

At least you'd be able to remember what the person looks like...

I think it's a good idea.

I remember reading about this a while ago and being even more jealous of LEGO employees than I already am.

As to the customizability, I think that all the minifigs business cards i've seen in pictures have been pretty standard LEGO colors and pieces, so I wonder what kind of a parts pallete you actually have access to.

Concerning ordering some for yourself, I'd also recomend Tommy the Brickengraver. I got a badge made by him for brickworld 08 and it is quite nice. I'm going to be using him to make bricks as thank-you's for donors to a LEGO program that I run.

Not everyone at Lego get a minifigure as buisness card. Not even people like me in development. Well if I asked the right people kindly, I could probably get some.

I saw them first at a desk two meters from my own, a bag full of probably more than hundred minifigures like shown in the first post (but with other name offscourse).

Front

Not everyone at Lego get a minifigure as buisness card. Not even people like me in development. Well if I asked the right people kindly, I could probably get some.

I saw them first at a desk two meters from my own, a bag full of probably more than hundred minifigures like shown in the first post (but with other name offscourse).

Front

Even not knowing what you do in development, that makes sense. Marketing or sales come to mind for those who would use them the most effectively.

Wish I worked for LEGO :cry_sad:

Right there with you. Does anyone know how I could get one of these from a employee? Or somewhere else? Do you think the ambassadors have these? They might be able to say if it's true and post pics of theirs!

Edited by JCC1004

A collector in Spain had about 25 of these and he shared the pictures with me. I also found about another 14 on the web for a total of 39 so far. Does anyone else have a collection of these?

http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/39-different-lego-employee-minifigure-business-cards/

and

http://www.minifigpriceguide.com/EMPLOYEES.0.html

I also have no real idea what these are worth. Does anyone have any insight?

Me too :cry_sad:

We need to find someone that works at Lego that wants to part with their collection that is sitting on their desk gathering dust. :)

Uuuuh, I'm not even sure if we do this anymore... Judging from the reused heads and the names on the figures, I'm guessing this was done a while back (if you think in LEGO production years and not actual years). If we still do this then it's for a select few. Never seen any of the designers have them, we just use regular business cards.