Sign in to follow this  
jonfett

My updated Brickshelf gallery

I got a new camera so I decided to take new pictures of ALL (well 3) of my models.

The quality is better than my old camera but the focus isnt too good on some and my hands are a little shakey.

I apologise for the size of them, I cannot work out how to use the software so I cant resize them. If you use dial up it will take ages to see them so I would recommend not looking at them! :P Only kidding.. LOOK AT THEM, EVEN IF IT COSTS YOU LOADS!!! :devil:

Sorry about that outburst of insanity, now to the pics! :D

My contest model for the eurobricks contest, in which I came 3rd.. say nothing Apo!! <_< Nelsons Column.

Heres the folder once the kind people at brickshelf have made sure they are not vulgar, abusive pictures or violate the TOS, he he what do they know.. :< - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85160

My mini cars which I built based on apos instructions a few weeks ago. I promised to put them up for him so here they are, sorry for the delay. Folder can be found here - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=90086

And finally my third and final lot of pics. My helms deep model which seems to be going nowhere lately. You can see how I made the wall without having to use tons of my limited amount of old grey bricks. I have actually done some more on it but it doesnt look very good so I decided not to take pics.

I will try do some more work on it soon but you can see what I've done so far here - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183

So that brings us to the end of my gallery update announcement. Hope you like the pics and please don't blame me if you get a head ache, which you might do if you look at ALL of them.. :huh:

Jon.

I have played about with the software and I have figured out how to re-size the pictures. So now I have updated my gallery with pictures that are just the right siz to fit on the sceen, rather than ones that are too big and require scrolling around the page.

Hope you like them.

Jon.

Your model look much more impressive this way ! I like those little cars :rolleyes: And I definitly love you helm deep custom even if it's quite... empty ;) Maybe you should get one or two knight kingdom sets... The bad guys look like orcs to me ! Can't wait to see your extensions of the helm deep

yeah, as already said, the socket of your monument and its construction are very cool!!! about the cars we've talked, too, so i only have to say GO MINICARS GO!!! :D

and i'm looking forward to see some orcs and a battering ram (:devil: why am i so much sure that they will come??! ;))!!!!!!!

Ah ah ! so nice ! Those are just like in the movie ! Where did you find all those nice darthmaul heads ? :o

I also like how you builded the thing to enforce the door. How is it called in english ?

battering ram... :P (thats right, or not? don't let me tell silly things... :P)

and yeah, this helmet really look good for orcs... they would even much better fit to moria orcs, so jon, whats your next lotr-project??? ;) :D

I got the darth mauls from a bunch of cheap maul vs qui gon sets, you know the one with the speeder bike and arial thing. EDIT - I remembered the name of it, lightsaber duel

I used a lot of different hemets but I finally decided that those looked best.

My next project is, well.. to carry on and finish all of helms deep, so I am working on the fortress now.

After that, who knows. I would like to build a tower of isenguard, maybe as big as the 6 foot tall one built by Ersh!

Jon.

I would like to build a tower of isenguard, maybe as big as the 6 foot tall one built by Ersh!

who would NOT like to build something like that... :P

The question is.. where can I get so many pieces?? If I bought off Bricklink (if I found a shop with that many blak pieces) it would cost at least

Great work Jon! Your Nelson's Column looks very accurate, and I can tell your Helm's Deep is going to be great. I

love the battering ram ;)

Now, if only I could build things this good :crying:

battering random access memory ? What's this ? :P

Well you helm's deep seems to be much better than ersh version to me.

I like how you take time to create something accurate and keep good proportions as well as you keep it as a symetrical building.

Maybe you should create the giant city at the end of the movie (can't remember the name). Could be fun :lol:

And Sam, you still have to show us your work !!! :)

The one on a giant montain, the all white one. I guess it's minas tirith

Yeah that would be Minas tirith.

Ermm... only problem in building it would be that it is HUGE and would take loads of bricks to build.

Thanks for the kind words guys, there is more to come. I have started a courtyard so I will post pics soon. And no Apo, I won't steal my lego's friend!!

Jon.

I will keep adding pictures of my progress to this folder - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=93976- so you can check out what Im working on.

I have added pictures of the courtyard I started last night, I need to extend it and then join it on to the rest of the creation once I get more grey pieces!

***Heres a mini task for who ever wants to do it...

Where have you seen this statue before??*** please give me a link or a picture.... c'mon its not that hard!!

Jon.

Yeah, I know it was really easy. It was actually a plan so I could get people to look at the rest of my gallery!! :P

Jon.

Damn, this is soo amazing... Your construction is starting to become biger ! A lot of grey bricks here. have you ever thought of mixing old and new grey to give you building a good old look ?

Thanks Jipay!

I didn't really want to mix old and new grey bricks because

1) they don't look so good next to each other

2) I don't have any! except in a few new sets I've got

Jon.

I discussed about the two different light greys with apo and we agreed on the fact that both look the same with an artificial light. You should try :P