Sign in to follow this  
Algernon

The Steam Empire

Alright. I just noticed the theme kept things air based but I'm best with ground machines.

Well, the queen's city is large probably enough to have ground vehicles on it. Just don't make anything too large if it's ground based, probably nothing above the $14.99 price point.

Well Heres the link to the photos

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/163333

Don't get me wrong, that's a great diorama you have there. But I doubt that lego would make it into a set. The point here is to make MOCs that look like they were in a pretty box with a LEGO logo on it a half hour ago. So no dioramas, mainly vehicles and bases.

I feel like I'm staging a coup :look:

So I started working and drew a blank as to what to build. I'll get some books on steam engines Friday from the library and see where it goes. On another note, the movie Castle in the Sky has several flying castles in the beginning if anyones looking for ideas. :classic: Nice moc Jack. It looks great. Where that guy was saying the market looks empty, perhaps adding a minifig in front of the stand would fill it in.

Edited by zouave

This is my first steampunk moc or should I say mocs :tongue:. Anyway this is for the $49.99 set and ir consist of a transport, a speeder and a rebel plane. This set would include 4 minifigs, a rebel, 1 cyborg pilot and 2 cyborgs.

An overview.

picture_533a.jpg

The rebel plane I would like to call the Fly. It has a propeller in the back and the wings would flap to let it fly.

picture_534a.jpg

The speeder. Not much to say but it fits 2 figs and would be able to go fast.

picture_535a.jpg

WARNING!!! Sevral holes in the sides. :tongue:. Sorry I dont have that many black bricks. Anyway it is the transport which can hold many of the Queens troops.

picture_536a.jpg

The back and the inside of the transport.

picture_537a.jpg

I hope this is good for my fist several steampunk mocs. C&C are welcome.

Nice job nintha. I really like the fly, it has a great design. :wub::classic: I don't really like the transport so much but I'm sure it would've turned out great with enough pieces. :wink: Nice job.

Thanks, zouave I also like the Fly and I agree, the transport still needs some work.

I like the shape of both of those nintha. Put on some greebles and you'll be right as rain. See if you can get a piece count, though, that looks more suitable for the 39.99 price point. If you want, you can fill in the holes with dark grey, we've added that to the queens color scheme.

I'll post pictures of my queen's biotic recon ship soon, I'm too busy with schoolwork at the moment to take the pictures.

I'm glad we've got the topic going again! Maybe over Christmas break I'll work on a $79.99 size queen's village.

I've got a basic design going now. Uh, do you guys mind if I have to post pics on Facebook? I don't have access to a computer right now so all I can do is use the upload pics to Facebook feature on my Nintendo DSi. :sceptic:

I'm going to buy a used one from a friend, 500$ will just take a little time to come by.

I've got the rebels portion completed. Pics should be up by Monday. Edit: Done. Taking pics now.

Edited by zouave

Hmm... facebook informs me that:

Argh! That thar booty ain't nowhere to be found.

No way the flag ye sent fer can be spied upon now. Yer lookin glass may be foggy or yer shipmates may be planning yer mutiny! Better watch yer back.

I guess we'll have to wait until you buy that new computer...

You mean deeplink? You have to upload it to a photo-sharing source like photobucket or flickr before you can do that. Then you just grab the pictures url and put it between img tags (but without the spaces)

If the 5.99 slot is still open I'll be willing to give it a try. :sweet:

I think you can go for any set you want. :classic:

I'm going to try and post pics on a friends computer just to put some steam back into this topic.

Glad to see more people interested to continue this project. :classic: I have tinkered around a bit as Algernon suggested, and well, this is what I came up with:

Steam Queen 2.0

I simply followed Algernon's instructions and changed the head, cape, and scepter.

4137397440_f7c57012ee_o.jpg

Steam Queen 3.0

As I was experimenting around, I started to venture into more robotic designs. I used that diver helmet because it looked very steampunky and covered most of the queen's face.

4137397442_1bee711c17_o.jpg

Steam Queen 4.0

This is as robotic as it gets, I suppose. Perhaps it's too much? This was my first attempt at making a brick-built queen.

4137397444_789eea2c09_o.jpg

Steam Queen 5.0

My personal favorite. This version was inspired by the movie Wild Wild West and looks very steampunky. It's also the one that fits Algernon's description of a weird rusty cyborg IMO.

4137397446_2115d4bf19_o.jpg

A back view. That R2 unit is supposed to be a steam tank.

4137397452_ec55982d64_o.jpg

So, which one do you like best? Any suggestions?

Also, I'm still looking for ideas for the Sky Fortress.

As I said on flickr the last one is tremendous! It is just all around great and I told you that head would be good for the steam queen. :tongue: But I really dislike 3 and 2/ 4 are okay. :sceptic:

Thanks, but what kind of combination do you have in mind?

Anyway, looks like most of you seem to like the last one the best, and I do too, so I'll just go with that one. :wink:

My personal favorite. This version was inspired by the movie Wild Wild West and looks very steampunky. It's also the one that fits Algernon's description of a weird rusty cyborg IMO.

4137397446_2115d4bf19_o.jpg

Also, I'm still looking for ideas for the Sky Fortress.

That one's my fave. As to the Sky Fortress, check out the game Dirk Valentine for inspiration, it has some nice designs IMO.

I like 5.0 best as well, but I think that in a set it might have too big of a footprint - any throne room in a reasonably-sized fortress set would be half-taken up by her legs. Perhaps a similar idea, but less out and more up, a bit like my Steam Reaper fig below (I know, shameless self-promotion)

4145790894_3b52e2d134_m.jpg

Anyway, my plans for making a queen's fortress didn't pan out, but I should have something new to contribute to project before the year is out.