Natman8000

Republic Armored Diplomatic Shuttle

indexed.gif

First off, I want to clarify that this is a small entry. It looks very big but it actually only has 198 pieces, I counted. I made up the idea of this, a new addition to star wars history.

This shuttle is for transporting usually diplomats in the time of war. That's why it is armored so the senator or whichever is kept out of harms way. It travels much like a air-taxi, it hovers above the ground yet it doesn't travel into space. It is piloted by a clone pilot, the more important the senator, the more experienced the pilot is. In this particular model, it is transporting two Trandosian senators.

Side

img_0024.jpg

Side

img_0029.jpg

Back

img_0030.jpg

Front

img_0031.jpg

In this image you can see the top and how it works.

img_0032.jpg

Good luck to the rest!

Link for my Brickshelf, a couple other pics.

Edited by KimT

I would try using bigger peices for the engine thrusters... but nice job!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Remember, this is just a moderate low flying vehicle, not a star cruiser. They dont really need to be big.

It looks good, all be it a little unusual. Quite a heavy, industrial style design rather than a diplomatic shuttle but I suppose the point is it's armoured. Also, what is the point of the two doors? The front comes off and they look too small to get the pilot in and out of.

EDIT: I think the engines are fine. :sweet:

A small point, these aren't really the required photo positions; there is no front or top picture which I would like to see more clearly.

I'm probably sounding very negative and like I don't like your model, but I do think it's a good idea nicely created.

Good luck in the competion! :wink:

Edited by ADHO15

The doors are for emergencys. The pilot doesn't enter from them.

EDIT: I fixed the pictures.

Edited by Natman8000

Well, that's a great creation. Very well detailed, although it is a bit boxy for my liking, it will make a challenge for my UT-AT (you'll all see it soon mha ha ha ha!).

All I have to do is count the pieces... :cry_sad:

Edited by CloneCommanderDelta7

Well, that's a great creation. Very well detailed, although it is a bit boxy for my liking, it will make a challenge for my UT-AT (you'll all see it soon mha ha ha ha!).

All I have to do is count the pieces... :cry_sad:

You're making a UT-AT? What category is it going to be? Anyways back on topic, one suggestion is that you should make the engines and cockpit window a little bit larger

In my opinion, the engines are fine. They aren't too small to propel a small vehicle like that.

Also, the cockpit window should be small to avoid the pilot being shot.

In my opinion, the engines are fine. They aren't too small to propel a small vehicle like that.

Also, the cockpit window should be small to avoid the pilot being shot.

True but the cockpit should be larger so they could see outside

True but the cockpit should be larger so they could see outside

The whole point is that it is tremendously armored! I must keep saying that it is a maximum security vessel not a commercial car.

Very nice MOC! It looks really solid and weapon proof, and the blockiness works well for it. I think the engines look good, and I also think the small cockpit window is a nice style. I have one question though, if the top is glass, couldn't a bomb break into that really easily? Somehow I think that's not consistent with the rest of the armor.

But really, it's very nice and well built!

EDIT: I especially love the trans-blue cheese slope in the cockpit controls, it works really well!

Edited by Clone O'Patra

Very nice MOC! It looks really solid and weapon proof, and the blockiness works well for it. I think the engines look good, and I also think the small cockpit window is a nice style. I have one question though, if the top is glass, couldn't a bomb break into that really easily? Somehow I think that's not consistent with the rest of the armor.

But really, it's very nice and well built!

I thought about that. In my little imagination it actually is supposed to be an optical illusion. The top is just as armored as the rest. But in the lego it is two windscreens. Just like guns dont really work as guns in lego (there rods) the windscreens cant act as armor. But in starwars they can.

Does anybody have any suggestion on how to improve this? Im looking to put in a bit more detail on the side actually. And thank you all for the nice and helpful comments. oh, and KimT, if you read this, Is my top pic okay? you can see most off the top but I'm not sure if it is acceptable.

Could you please take a pic looking straight down, and another showing the interior? I would like to know what you've got inside there, if anything. I can't really think of anything else that needs improving, the blandness and blockiness of it is what makes it look great!

Could you please take a pic looking straight down, and another showing the interior? I would like to know what you've got inside there, if anything. I can't really think of anything else that needs improving, the blandness and blockiness of it is what makes it look great!

I will soon, There isnt to much inside apart from chairs and an ejection feature that doesnt work. He would slam his head on the glass so It is a bit pointless, but it didnt use that many parts. And there is a crate with toxic plants so if there is a intruder he will choke, thats why everyone in it must have a special helmet.

The pictures are good

Wonderful. I really wish some would give me some suggestions for my moc though, I want some advice.

Very nice entry. I really like the UFO minifigs you have included with your MOC.

I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

No further actions are needed for this entry.

All is as it should be :classic: