Zorro

The Captain's Cabin Contest - Information & FAQ

(You must join before March 5th to be eligible to join this contest)

Ok, well, here I am.

Wait... does that mean I need my creation done today, or I just have to say I am joining today?

You have to join EB before 5 March to join the contest. And you joined before 5 March. :pir-blush:

Everyone is building on his entry now, till 31 March. Your entry must be finished then.

You can find more information in the first post too.

Good luck and happy building!

BTW We got rid of the "you must join before March 5" rule to encourage more people to join.

Oh yea I would like to register for the "creative critic" award

BTW We got rid of the "you must join before March 5" rule to encourage more people to join.

Oh, I didn't notice that. Sorry. :pir-blush:

I'll enter the Creative Critics too.

I'll give this "creative critic" thing a shot. I don't really have the time or inspiration to do some moccing myself, I'm allready stuck with a ship and a cutter which I don't know how to finish :pir-sceptic:.

Edited by Fluyt

There are always people here who might help you! You won't know what I've learned about ship building since I am here.

Sorry for being a bit off topic. :pir-blush:

There are always people here who might help you! You won't know what I've learned about ship building since I am here.

Sorry for being a bit off topic. :pir-blush:

Thanks for the tip, but I allready knew that (great community :pir-classic: ). I'm mainly having trouble with the cabin (and to let it flow nicely with the ship, not making it look like "a box slapped on a hull"). But I can't take pictures at the moment, and if I would take pics of a wip, I would feel too pushed to finish it fast, I don't like to keep people waiting very long :pir-tongue: , while I don't have that much time/motivation to moc right now. But maybe I'll give it a shot in a while, I'm too annoyed that I can't make the cabin fit nicely :pir-tongue:.

Sorry for being even more offtopic :pir-blush:.

Can somebody give me a link to a tutorial for uploading images from my hardrive to a new topic.

I have an urgent question regarding this contest. Does the entry have to be based on a ship? For example I was thinking of making an "imperial" building such as a church or tower.

Any help regarding this question would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :blush:

pat

I have an urgent question regarding this contest. Does the entry have to be based on a ship? For example I was thinking of making an "imperial" building such as a church or tower.

Any help regarding this question would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :blush:

pat

It can be a ship or landbased, hope this helps :pir-blush: .

Edited by Genaral armendariz

Yes, it may be landbased, so the answer to your question should be yes. But there should be a seafaring aspect.

A lighthouse inhabitet by an old captain would do as example.

does the three pictures must obligatory show the same scene ? what if there is some difference ? I planned to post 2 pics of one scene and 1 pic of a different scene.

does the three pictures must obligatory show the same scene ? what if there is some difference ? I planned to post 2 pics of one scene and 1 pic of a different scene.

The minfigs can move around between photos, yes.

However, if you're intending to do 2 seperate scenes, they need to still fit within the 24x24 base (stacked), like this. You can unstack them to photograph, but please provide a link proving that it fits :pir-wink:

thanks a lot slyowl, that's the same scene, the minifigs are just moving ^^ (with a chest and a chair but I think it's ok, is it ? )

thanks a lot slyowl, that's the same scene, the minifigs are just moving ^^ (with a chest and a chair but I think it's ok, is it ? )

Sure thing! ^^

Can we post a link to Brickshelf with photos of our entry?

Well, I did it in my entry and it seems there's nothing wrong with it.

The rules also tell you may link to an external gallery.

So I think it's okay. :pir-blush:

Can I use a sticker of a globe on an unmodified lego piece and it still be legal?

Yup, all decals allowed (within reason - making the whole thing out of stickers is pushing it rather :pir-grin: ).

I'm curious though, how would you put a sticker on a sphere (I'm assuming it is), without it going crinkly?