Dreamweb

Which is better: Castle or Pirates?

Which one of those two lines do you prefer?  

411 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of those two lines do you prefer?

• Lego Pirates
    • Lego Castle

i think he means "mine is bigger" :P

in other words, the biggest moc's around, are castle mocs, not pirate

It's not Umlaris Castle or any other Castle display.

Another vote for castle resides right here.

I'd also like to point out that the Eurobricks member groups are based in Castle, NOT pirates. :P

What's Umlaris Castle or any other Castle display?

Despite Castle's higher vote count, pirate threads dominate the forum indicating that EuroBricks is in fact Pirates based. The pirate fans are much more devoted and passionate about their interest, unlike the majority of castle voters who merely have a premature passing interest in Castle. If their interest were more developed they'd have a more active involvement in the castle aspect of this forum! :D

I know what happens at Classic Castle, I'm referring to EuroBricks. I'm not referring to castle anywhere else, only castle at EuroBricks. The so called castle fans here have shown very little interest in castle recently. How can they vote castle and live with themselves!!!

QUIET! Ahem, to end this feud I anounce my long awaited Castle, Pirate, Viking building contest!

I will post the rules, catagories and prizes tommorow.

How exciting! Too bad I don't have a digital camera and therefore cannot participate.

Come on Phes, this has been going on far too long.. :-D

God Bless,

Nathan

Yes it has. But I've got enough funds to buy a DVD burner. But that's not a digital camera you might say. And yes, indeed you are correct. I have a list of technologies I need to acquire and a digital camera sits third on that list.

Not to start in old feud, but I note that castle is now Twice as popular as pirate...

God Bless,

Nathan

So it is! But what does this number really mean? More people know how to click upon the castle option - and that is all! Its not like the Pirate (& Castle) Forum is in any danger of being over thrown with Castle threads. Most of these Castle voters don't like Castle enough to actually write anything intelligent about it!

Not to start in old feud, but I note that castle is now Twice as popular as pirate...

God Bless,

Nathan

sure, but based on current activity, you'd almost have to conclude that this is a pirate forum...

quite a few castle voters hardly ever post here anyway...

This is a very difficult poll as both theme's are equally great; but given that more castle sets were made over the years (and for sets like the Blacksmith Shop), I would have to say Castle. And I think the old Yellow Castle gave me the most fun growing up with Lego. Pirates brought me out of the "Dark Ages" with the Carribean Clipper. Very hard choice, but I say castle. - now if you were to put Wild West on your list, I would rule out Castle and Pirates.

My heart said to vote Castle, but...

but I voted Pirate

Reasons:

1) The sadness I feel when I look at KK2 :(

2) The puzzlement I felt after completing The Witches Magic Manor (6087) (What in tarnation is it supposed to be? )

My heart said to vote Castle, but...

but I voted Pirate

Reasons:

1) The sadness I feel when I look at KK2 :(

2) The puzzlement I felt after completing The Witches Magic Manor (6087) (What in tarnation is it supposed to be? )

The penalty for traitors is... :-D

KK2 and Fright Knights are not castle... that would be like Phes not voting for Pirate because of the 4+ line ;)

God Bless,

Nathan

No it wouldn't! 4+ Pirates are a completely different line! Knights Kingdom and especially Fright Knights are all SYSTEM. Maybe you can say Knights Kingdom is a different theme to castle, but Fright Knights is a sub-theme of castle whether you like to admit it or not. The difference between 4+ Pirates and SYSTEM Pirates is like the difference between SYSTEM and Duplo, or SYSTEM and Technic. 4+ Pirates are a completely different system of build to the original pirate theme and therefore are not a sub-theme or continuation of the original pirats theme whatsoever. And if I say so it must be true :D

No it wouldn't! 4+ Pirates are a completely different line! Knights Kingdom and especially Fright Knights are all SYSTEM.

This is more an appraisal of how I see them rather than an accurate statement... It is so easy to fall below the high standard that is Castle (like pirate did, he says innocently taking the post back on topic :-D )

God Bless,

Nathan

Knights Kingdom and especially Fright Knights are all SYSTEM is an accurate statement. And so is Fright Knights is a sub-theme of castle whether you like to admit it or not.

But the point I was making there is the current Duplo Castle theme isn't part of the original Castle theme just like 4+ Pirates isn't part of the original Pirates theme. Two completely seperate different themes, wheras Frights Knights IS a sub-theme of Castle, and Knights Kingdom is a continuation of the Castle theme, but just namedly differently to better appeal to today's daft children.

Pirates didn't fall below the standard of Castle because by cancelling the theme in 1997 it didn't get silly like castle did around that time.

Kinda like Jimi Henrix dying in his prime, a legend, vs Elvis dying stupid and bloated feeding off his past glory.

Was that off topic? :D