Dreamweb

Which is better: Castle or Pirates?

Which one of those two lines do you prefer?  

411 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of those two lines do you prefer?

• Lego Pirates
    • Lego Castle

True. But when you compare the Eldorado Fortress with that dock rubbish with the green doors, there is a clear standout.I do agree though that the Armada deserved better models.

Indeed, but the fact that they are rare appeals to me, just like the wolfpack and dark forest minifiqs in castle.

And yes , eldorado fortress is waaaayyyy beter then armada sentry , but If I had the chance , I would buy it like 5 times or so.

Indeed, but the fact that they are rare appeals to me, just like the wolfpack and dark forest minifiqs in castle.

And yes , eldorado fortress is waaaayyyy beter then armada sentry , but If I had the chance , I would buy it like 5 times or so.

5x Armada Sentry or Eldorado Fortress?

5x Armada Sentry or Eldorado Fortress?

armada sentry, although that I do plan to buy every imperial set atleast 3 times.

The only double in my collection so far is harbor sentry. But I only recently started collecting.

As a child , I used to own the imperial trading post and is was godly back then.

armada sentry, although that I do plan to buy every imperial set atleast 3 times.

The only double in my collection so far is harbor sentry. But I only recently started collecting.

As a child , I used to own the imperial trading post and is was godly back then.

Why would you want 7 of Harbour Sentry? I mean - as rare as it is, it's a crap set.

Why would you want 7 of Harbour Sentry? I mean - as rare as it is, it's a crap set.

5 will do finely but I want it mainly for the fig and It's so rare in belgium that its almost a collector's item.

Infact I would buy every set that includes armada figs just for the figs, then resell the set's replacing them with pirates.

Personally I like both of them but I tend to prefer pirates due to them having the ships. Castle created ships but they were mainly one piece hulls and well when I think of ships I don't think of a castle.

And while I believe that these two series - "Pirates" and "The Castle" is inseparably linked with each other (Pravda, "The Castle", appeared before a series of "Pirates"), as well as in reality - pirates still existed in medieval times, because they have more than 2000 years ago, but nonetheless - believe that much more interesting series - this "Pirates" because there is not only knives, and firearms, but the main thing - pirates have always been beautiful ships , Which were few in the series "The Castle" (And here I should say that the ship went bad trolls 2008), in a series of "Pirates" were very beautiful ships, as well as, almost always strelyayuschie gun - a real strelyayuschie gun, it certainly Just my personal opinion, but for those of original things, I love the series "Pirates", although I have not one set and wish to buy all the sets of a series of "Pirates" in 2009. :pir-classic:

P.S. Just out of fine swords, and for their evil role in history, I love the series. :jollyroger:

I think Castle is pretty freaking awesome, but I love Pirates. I was way more into Pirates back when they first started (though I did enjoy Castle).

That said, just comparing the modern iterations of the two lines with Castle how it started in 2007 and Pirates how it started this year, I think Castle is currently the superior line just because it has had time to build momentum and diversity. I love that Castle isn't just humans versus skeletons, but now humans and dwarves versus skeletons and trolls. The various "factions" adds a lot of fun. And they have a lot of great sets, especially the new Marketplace set coming soon.

Part of why I didnt get into Castle this time around was I came to the game late, and didnt want to play catch-up with old sets. Im excited to get in with Pirates at the ground floor. I hope Pirates is a huge success, because I'd love to see it take some inspiration from Castle and increase the number of factions, as well as offer sets similar in scope to what Castle offers, like battle packs of Imperials and Pirates, and maybe an Imperial Port version set similar in scope to the Marketplace. I think it could be cool (and even cost effective for LEGO) to introduce Skeletons (or maybe "Undead" Pirates, bringing in LEGO zombies) to the line, maybe offering things like haunted islands and ghost ships. Maybe we could get some Colonials too. Same background as the Imperials, but the folks living in the towns, etc.

Excited to see what future Pirates sets come to fruition.

At the mo its gotta be castle.

But hey that could all change if Lego pulls out all the stops with this new line.

I am a big fan of pirates and castle. Both of them go together perfectly but i would have to vote for the golden age of dicovery...PIRATES. I jst love pirates but I do like castle but definetly pirates. :jollyroger:

Well, I really like Pirates, but I voted Castle because, to be honest it is much bigger and has a lot more variety, not to mention that it's one of LEGO's oldest themes.

Tough decision! I have a fairly good sized castle collection, and no pirate sets. But i voted for the pirate sets because the look so great and ive been planning on getting just about all of them! :pir_laugh2: But i have built a lot of ships lately to (one of my favorate things to make) ans castle doesnt go well with them soe well.....yeah pirates be me favorate! :jollyroger:

well this topic is in the pirates forum so its pretty obvious which way the voting would go.

I voted castle though. Its still my first love, especially for the crusaders, black falcons and forestmen. In my opinion castle has a much longer history and has produced many really good sets. However it too has some really bad themes that tarnish its reputation.(jellybean knights) Still classic castle will always have a special place in my heart.

Pirates has comparatively shorter history, however all the pirate themes to date range from awesome to acceptable. There isn't any bad theme (4+ pirates are not counted) that makes the pirate theme look bad. So yeah pirates is cool too. I love the ships and I'm mainly a ship collector for the pirate theme.

I chose pirates as IMO they have superior minifigs, builds, and sub-themes. The castle sets to me look pretty bland, and, again, IMO only have a few interesting builds and minifigs.

Edited by vulture droid

well this topic is in the pirates forum so its pretty obvious which way the voting would go.

Yeah, this thread is kinda biased. :pir-sceptic:

I take the question serious, though, and am thinking what to vote for. Both themes have a similar charm to them. But I think I'll vote for Castle since there is more variety in sets (not only ships and forts and islands) and more factions (not only Pirates & Imperials).