Clonecommando007

Armored Infantry Dropship

indexed.gif

The Armored Infantry Dropship is my latest MOC, built for the 54th vs. 44th Corps Challenge at the CABG.

The 222nd Legion, shortly before the return of the 9th Cavalry Regiment, recieved a shipment of Eight Squadrons (96) AIDs, 'Armored Infantry Dropships'. AIDs are a prototype vehicle, one of many in the Republic's ongoing 'Rapid Infantry Deployment' program. The AID has the ability to fly fast into a hot zone, evade enemy defenses, and drop a box pod carrying infantry into a hot zone, all without ever coming to a stand-still or hover.

Fully Gallery Here, overview pictures below, including my poorly edited box art picture. Still learning Gimp. ;)

1dropshipbox.png

dropship_013.jpg

dropship_027.jpg

Production Information

Manufacturer: Roantha Heavy Engineering

Product Line: Rapid Infantry Deployment, RID

Model: Armored Infantry Dropship

Class: Dropship

Technical Specifications

Length: 7.2 Meters

Wingspam: 7.0 Meters

Height: 3.1 Meters

Maximum Speed: 710 Km/h

Armament: 2x Medium Laser Cannons, 2x Z-6 Rotary Turrets, 2x Missile Pods, 4x Air to Air Rockets

Crew: One Pilot, One Gunner

Passengers: Four fully equipped Specialized Infantry

Cargo: 12 cubic meters or 1x Medium Artillery Piece or 1x Speeder Bike or 1x Infantry Support Tank, all w/o passengers.

Consumables: Fuel for 7 hours, emergency rations for 6 life forms.

Comments? Constructive Criticism?

Thank you for reading. :)

Edited by KimT

Great work!

I hope to see this in action in your comic.

It shows close resemblance to the LAAT.

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

nice moc i really like how you took the deployment idea from imperial dropship and put it in yor moc :sweet: but one thing i would change would be the front of the ship :thumbdown: and thats all

I like the little dropship you have made. I can't believe that you can fit 4 clone troopers in that little transport section.

Wow that MOC is amazing. I'm not a fan on how it looks, but it looks like a mini Larty. And i love that drop box feature, it's like the one in the Storm-trooper battle-pack but even better!

I think it's very well designed! :thumbup:

It looks like the LAAT and combines the function of the imperial dropship with the LAAT and it's small which makes it easy to handle and play with.

I like the way the "container" opens when it's detached. Also the exit of the cockpit is a nice feature.

Great work!

Now this is a funky little ship.

Nice job you did here. :thumbup:

It looks perfect for RAIDs

Rapid

Armored

Infantry

Deployement

:grin:

looks pretty good, did you use the old rpgs pieces for it?

I made this from just scrap leftover white pieces; I didn't touch my Republic Gunship or even the Imperial Dropship. This is definantly not a mod or alternate of anything. :classic:

And I don't plan on making instructions for this; it's a Legion - Exclusive MOC.

I made this from just scrap leftover white pieces; I didn't touch my Republic Gunship or even the Imperial Dropship. This is definantly not a mod or alternate of anything. :classic:

And I don't plan on making instructions for this; it's a Legion - Exclusive MOC.

Clonecommando I think you should change the front a little bit

Impressive... Indeed, most Impressive. Exactly what any high-intensity battle zone Commander could use for those... hard to reach spots. Also, very compact, utilizing all available room. Out of curiosity, where do you deploy you munitions, or do the troops just carry their heat? Good work, Clonecommando007.

Edited by Palin Jax