Lorentzen

Lego Pirates Playing Cards

I just stumbled upon these at the danish shop@home Lego store...

I think these playing cards look awesome - they're not too expensive either

852227-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Looks nice. What's weird though: it doesn't have anything in common with the current Pirates line, other than the name. Is this a re-release?

Is this a re-release?

Sure as hell, no.

This is a first for any LEGO theme I think. I don't recall there ever being any playing cards in the past. And the pictures of the minifigs on the cards are from the new line. :pir-wink:

Anyway, onto the frontpage it goes!

Anyway, onto the frontpage it goes!

Good idea about the frontpage, and I like the idea of LEGO playing cards a lot.

And the pictures of the minifigs on the cards are from the new line. :pir-wink:

Redbeard is coming back?! Gorgeous torso in red. And a maiden, eh? I feel a change in the wind...

€4 is pretty good on price! I'll be buying some if they are still available when I next order (probably Emerald Night - although it would be nice to get that from UK somehow).

Quite interesting the way the old torsos/heads/headgear are combined for the characters here.

Hmm, not trying to burst your bubble, but I think his torso is red on the shown card because it's a diamond card. I assume his torso and also the maiden's torso will be black on spades cards.

Bubble bursted. :pir_bawling:

Eeh.., unless you know something we don't I'd say no, those are obviously the classic torso's. :pir-classic:

I was assuming he did know something we don't. With the wink and all. Cause they sure looked like ancient pirates to me. Apart from Redbeard's colour that is. I have heaps of the ol' rascal right here... In classy, classic black. Would've been nice to see him return with a new torso though. Oh well.

Nice found!

They look really awesome, especially the art work.

Maybe I will buy them to play a drunken round of skat :pir-blush:

'Bricks'

This is a first for any LEGO theme I think. I don't recall there ever being any playing cards in the past.

Actually I have a set of City playing cards from a few years ago. I got it at LEGOLAND California. They weren't drawings either, they were pictures of different minifigs.

Redbeard is coming back?! Gorgeous torso in red. And a maiden, eh? I feel a change in the wind...
Eeh.., unless you know something we don't I'd say no, those are obviously the classic torso's. :pir-classic:

Aw, give me a break. I had to shuffle the C-P news around in order to get these onto the frontpage at 2:30 AM! :angry::pir_laugh2:

I would love to have these but my sister has a tendency to take and hide my cards, probably thinks im going to gamble for Lego or something :pir-laugh:

I think it was smart business for TLC to make pirate playing cards. It is another accessory for someone to have. And also, when you feel like playing with cards, and you like Lego, it’s a perfect gift!

Technically, there wouldn't be numbers on the cards, if these would be to be around the pirate era. Since not many could read, they just had the number of the symbols on there.

:pir-grin:

Actually I have a set of City playing cards from a few years ago. I got it at LEGOLAND California. They weren't drawings either, they were pictures of different minifigs.

There were also these as well.

Bluebeard, out-

They look childish. I'm not looking ford to them. I'm a fan of the classic pirates and town

I ordered them nonentheless.

It depens on how much a fan you are I guess. I am extreme.