Sign in to follow this  
DNL

Hrothingas Castle - Castle Evolution - Stage 1

indexed.gif

3306408747_7239090bcf.jpg

This is the first stage of my castle. It will evolve into a bigger stone castle in the next stages.

This wooden castle could have existed around 950 AC.

3306410053_93b31b9924.jpg

More pictures on flickr

Daniel

Very nice, I like the idea of an evolving castle. It's really something to look out for. It's you usual style, which is fantastic and great, with lots of details. Nice scenery, beautiful building. Good work! :classic:

The rocks are really impressive! There must have been a lot of work to make them, right?

Those little trees made of flower stems are also good, I might borrow that technique.

The palisade are nice to, although I don't think it would stop many attackers. But it's surely good as a cattle fence :tongue:

I like the idea of a Castle Evolution (fits good with the Darwin anniversary this year :classic: ) and I can't wait to see the others. :thumbup:

There is something about that guard tower with the pair of ladders that feels really authentic.

Very nice work DNL! Creations from this time period are not very common, so seeing one of this caliber is a treat. I find the way it fits into the surronding landscape particularly neat.

I look forward to seeing the continued evolution of the castle.

Wow, this a great display. I know it's been said before, but this is truly beautiful work.

Interesting technics you have used, food for thought once more.

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

:wub: Beautiful! Another great MOC DNL! Thanks for sharing, and I can't wait to see the next stage. :sweet:

Very impressive. I love the idea of portraying Castle's as they have expanded throughout history. Lego has only focused on the stereotypical castle, so it will be nice to see some other types.

superb ! that's really impressive and cool, I love it! DNL I can't wait to see your next creations.

Unbelievable at what speed you built fantastic mocs! Not so long ago you filed excellent entries for the CCCV, last week I saw you entering the CC "proffession" tournament and now this.

Another fantastic moc and this is one of my favorites to look at. I like the very "raw" feeling

Nice!

Very, very well done!

I like the whole landscape, but the outpost is particularly brilliant! :wub:

The next stage is eagerly awaited.

Envy ON!

I am excited and sad at the same time. I am excited to see the evolution of the castle. I am a little sad to see this beautiful wood castle be changed. Thanks for the post. Can't wait to see what comes next.

That's an absolutely amazing Castle MOC, DNL! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

The castle is designed that perfectly! :oh: And all those details, the minifigs, that many plants and the great landscape add an absolutly realistic, calm and lovely atmosphere to it! :oh:

Very, very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter