Legoman

New Zealand: "Where to find Lego"

If you flick me a list of what you need I can go through our spares to see if we can help you out, I managed 3500 pieces towards a second Falcon so I don't have to open mine up haha, would love the UCS ISD as well as the blockade runner, just don't have the funds.

Finally making some progress clearing my room of old builds and unsorted stuff, but I still find myself with far far too many boxes than I have room for sadly, might have to think about parting with some of my Star Wars sets! Can't say I'm overly attached to a lot of the smaller sets anymore, my interests remain as they always have in castles and trains/city. I might tentatively put a few things on TradeMe soon, or possibly just part things out into my storage, not entirely sure. Selling Lego just seems like such a sin to me! :laugh:

I just netted the Hobbit sets over Christmas, nothing much else of interest to me about.

Saw my first 2014 sets at Farmers Dunedin today (only one of each on the shelf)

Creator 31017 (Orange Car)

Creator 31018 (Green Bike)

City 60056 (Tow Truck)

Does anyone know what months what lines are coming out?

Creator Seaside House 39$

Lone Ranger still 40% off.

and creator Small Cottage $29

The Warehouse South City

Edited by Logbo

Hey has anyone seen/heard of the Disney Princess line being sold down under? The Tower looks pretty boss, but is unavailable in NZ on S@H - are they going to be released here you reckon?

Hmmm, I assume they're getting here eventually, but it would be pretty common for them to get here a month or 3 late..

Seems there have been a few deals around the place recently. I'll be keeping an eye on the Warehouse clearances to see if they do any crazy deals to move stock - they often do. Wouldn't mind some of the Lone Ranger sets if they get really cheap.

Question, I don't suppose anyone here has the PotC Queen Anne's Revenge ship do they? I regret not buying one for myself back in the day - would be keen to buy or trade for one (I have a gold C-3PO burning a hole in my pocket..)

Sorry Legoman, no go on the PotC QARS. That's a long name.

I do have some old Bellville and Technic sets I don't mind parting with, if anyone is keen. Found the boxes for two of them, a tramping set and a technic digger.

Hey Pigpen, it's 8828, not including the extra powered set. Battered box and instructions, but they are there, and I think the set is complete too (I was one of those kids).

I don't know much about it, must have been released in the early '90s?

post-1982-0-83662600-1390537681_thumb.jpgHi all.

I'm needing to make space at home and am looking at selling up a bunch of older sets that have been in the top of the cupboard and under the bed.

Photo is attached.

Here's a list:

5972 Space Police: Container Heist

5984 Space Police: Lunar Limo

7991 Lego City: Recycle Truck

7036 Lego Castle: - Dwarves Mine

4191 Pirates of the Caribbean: Captains Cabin

2 x 7595 Toy Story: Army Men on Patrol

2 x 8084 Star wars: Snow Trooper Battle Pack

7914 Star Wars: Mandalorian Battle Pack

7620 Indiana Jones: Motorcycle Chase

7621 Indiana Jones: The Lost Tomb

5613 Lego City: Fire Fighter

5614 Lego Castle: The Good Wizard

also

9002892 Star Wars Luke Skywalker Watch With Minifigure

and a bunch of Series 1 and Series 2 collectible minifigs

- 2 full set of 16 series 1, plus 8 others

- 11 asstd Series 2

If anyone is interested in these, let me know as I'm going to list them on Trademe soon.

Edited by ColdBricks

Hmmm, I assume they're getting here eventually, but it would be pretty common for them to get here a month or 3 late..

Seems there have been a few deals around the place recently. I'll be keeping an eye on the Warehouse clearances to see if they do any crazy deals to move stock - they often do. Wouldn't mind some of the Lone Ranger sets if they get really cheap.

Question, I don't suppose anyone here has the PotC Queen Anne's Revenge ship do they? I regret not buying one for myself back in the day - would be keen to buy or trade for one (I have a gold C-3PO burning a hole in my pocket..)

I know someone with at least 1 new one, if she decides to sell it ill let you know, I know she has been thinking about selling some of her sets.

They've got the Cargo Train 7939 at half price at the moment, $200 down from $399. I figure anything at half price is a good deal.

(I'd grab one, but just finished Bricklinking my Darth Maul, so feeling very very poor at the moment :(

C.

ARGH! I'm spitting mad! Has anyone else seen what The Simpson's House is retailing for here? $400 bucks! I thought this was meant to be a 'family friendly' set! What a joke!

Oh it's my own fault, I got excited when I saw it'd be $200 USD (or about $240NZD) and while I knew it would never be that cheap, I had expected $300, and hoped for less - but $400?!, how many extreme Simpson's fans does NZ have? I doubt it will sell well at that price, and then TLC will just go "Oh, we never get good sales in NZ for specialty sets, let's not bother" like they have done in the past and I will be even madder. Grump grump! Translated back into USD, $400 NZD is like $330 bucks. How is there a hundred and thirty dollars difference? Shipping costs surely don't add up to that? What the hell!

/rant.

Yep - totally agree re - Simpsons house. There are already multiple copies up on BL - thats where I'm heading.....

WOW, $400.00 for the Simpson house. Just put my name down at the local TW so I could put it on layby, didn't know it was that much, I'm a big fan of Simpsons but not that much. Oh well better start saving and talk to friends in the US and UK see who can ship it over here for me.

Just got the last 7939 on shelf at my local WH. I'm parting it out, so if you want anything let me know. I'm keeping the tracks and also the tanker carriage for myself. so the PF, overhead crane, carriages (container and car carrier) truck and trailer with container are available.

Talked to my local TW the other day and asked when they would be stocking the 2014 Technic and they said not till April, which is a bit annoying. I would get it from S@H but I've got a voucher for TW that I'd like to use.

April is ridiculous close now, it won't be long! I like TW for most things, but my Lyall Bay local is terrible with Lego. Lots of "Dunno? Is that Lego?" etc. Mind you, we mostly buy Friends :blush:

And yes, I may BL/buy from the UK (family) but it feels so stupid. Even $300, which is still higher than the US etc, would have been fairer.

In all fairness, NZ having a 100% markup from the states isn't all that uncommon. It has dropped a little over the last couple of years, but I'm not overly surprised. At over 2500 parts, It's still a little less than the typical 20c/part of other licensed sets in NZ. None the less, good savings to be had online for this one! Looks like a fantastic build and set.

Saw the new SW / City / Creator sets in TW Tauranga today - quite keen to get those DS troopers! Also had Lego Movie figs in.