Legoman

New Zealand: "Where to find Lego"

I had a quick look at Kmart riccarton (CHCH) today. They had all the new PM sets, the RAS, the new Indy, and pretty much all the 2009 sets (excluding Farm) but were missing a few SW sets.

Does anyone feel like trading for some star wars lego, 'cos i feel like getting some :tongue:

I'm after all sorts of stuff. LMK if you've got anything :classic:

Ok guys here are the prices I found at Kmart as follows

Star Wars 8016 $45

8015 $22 (pretty good)

other then that no other star wars GRHHH :hmpf_bad::angry:

Power Miners

8960 $60

8959 $40

8958 $24

8957 $17

8956 $13

8961 was also there but it didn't have a price tag.

Have you guys seen the podracer compitition on FBTB, prizes are pretty good :wink:

P.S who's voting for the entries on Fine Clonier, Im still thinking about it cause I was going to enter but didn't no how to post pics and I still don't no how to so Im really jealous :laugh::angry:

CommanderFox

Have you guys seen the podracer compitition on FBTB, prizes are pretty good :wink:

Thanks for the heads up...

Wow. First prize is :oh3:

But there are way to many great builder's there, i would have no hope. But i'll give it a go.

Does anyone want a 7671 AT-AP?

I'd like to trade for any LSW :sweet:

Hey Sam I had a look at your collection on brickshelf yesterday and I sore that you have the mini brickmaster star wars sets. I thought that brickmaster was only for US people but how did you get it and how much is it :wink::classic:

CommanderFox

Hey Sam I had a look at your collection on brickshelf yesterday and I sore that you have the mini brickmaster star wars sets. I thought that brickmaster was only for US people but how did you get it and how much is it :wink::classic:

CommanderFox

Hehe....

Well a collector has his ways! :tongue:

For a completist, noting slides, who care's where it's availible. Hey, i even got a V-19 Mini :devil: (..... But i traded it for some other stuff, i don't like CW/EU)

Nah, i just get them various ways through trades ect :wink: (thanks Darthyoda and Dennominator :classic: )

DARN I was hoping you would hook me up with a subscription :angry::sweet:

would you trade a knights set, its not lego but is basically the same and has some pretty cool weapons even has a bow that looks like chewbacca's bowcastor. if your interisted $20 for it :sweet:

On the front of the box the picture shows the set but a few pieces where missing when my little bro bought it (hes a Lego FANATIC like me HEHEHE and can make the meanist customs out of sets, his imagination is never ending :laugh: )

Other then that I dont have much else to trade at the moment.

Just a heads up I went to the Warehouse Albany today and bought the basic lego bricks box 6177 that has 650 pieces, it is usually $50 now down to $35 pretty good if your wonting to increase your basics :laugh:

CommanderFox

Just a heads up I went to the Warehouse Albany today and bought the basic lego bricks box 6177 that has 650 pieces, it is usually $50 now down to $35 pretty good if your wonting to increase your basics :laugh:

CommanderFox

Oh, save some for me, that sound's like a choice deal! I'm in need of some basic bricks right now. :classic:

DARN I was hoping you would hook me up with a subscription :angry::sweet:

would you trade a knights set, its not lego but is basically the same and has some pretty cool weapons even has a bow that looks like chewbacca's bowcastor. if your interisted $20 for it :sweet:

So what is it exactly?

CommanderFox

Oh... I'll check it out. Thanks.

EDIT:

I looked up the set... Wow. That's a bargian! man, i might need a few of those at that price!

Edited by legoman

Sorry for the late notice, Farmers is having a cardholders day today (Thursday 5/3/2009).

20% off Toys for Cardholders (or those willing & able to become one)

Edited by KnightlyKnight

Ok

3D Brickthing when I was there yesterday they had at least 25 - 30 now unless every kid on the north shore has seen the deal you might be lucky to score 1 or 2 :laugh: I only bought 1 because Im watching the budget cause I still need to buy the other 09 sets ARHHH im sounding like a 30 year old "watching the budget" HEHE :laugh:

Sam its basically a knights Lego set just not Lego. Also it has a few yellow bases that are only at max 8 x 8 and some black pieces and a few other pieces looks abit like this knights lego set http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Knights-Kingd...923&sr=1-16 8778 border ambush, same designs just different colours and if anybody doesn't wont it on here for $20 then ill be listing it on TM

DARN im not a farmers card holder but they probably wont have any good sets there anyway

CommanderFox

Sorry for the late notice, Farmers is having a cardholders day today (Thursday 5/3/2009).

20% off Toys for Cardholders (or those willing & able to become one)

I saw that deal while ago, but it's not that great, because most stores have 20% off sales often. 25%+ plus are less common though.

Hey Sam have you seen the front page of FBTB and the new brickmaster set (mini AT-TE) because im wondering when it comes out if you could do alittle clever trade here and there and somehow obtain it HEHE and sell one to me when I can afford it :wink::wink::wink:

Thanks

CommanderFox

I saw that deal while ago, but it's not that great, because most stores have 20% off sales often. 25%+ plus are less common though.

I agree that 25% and 30% is preferable, but you usually can't get everything you want at that discount. 20% off on the other hand is what I tend to budget against. You can usually buy everything you want at 20% at some point. I therefore tend to ignore lesser sales but hang out for the 20% ones where I actually buy stuff.

Fox has just reminded me that I believe I have a couple of the old mini AT-TE's, RGS's and Sith Infiltrators which I could be persuaded to trade for the right offerings. I also have a 8002 Destroyer Droid that I don't really have the space for, complete with box and instructions if anyone was interested.

There is not much OOP stuff that I want desperately other then then an A-wing (which is in Home One anyway) and some manga droids.

I would also like the Droid gunship & the V19 Torrent (which I am still contemplating) and frankly most things from this years star wars or Indy ranges.

Of course there is a bunch of stuff that I wish I had bought too but I'm being cheap about to buy now:

- Hoth base (oh why did I not buy it when I had the chance? damn limited edition)

- Mos Eisley Cantina (well Greedo really)

- Star Destroyer

- Sail Barge

- Ultimate Space Battle

If only I had the budget and the space for it all...

Hey KnightlyKnight I ABSOLUTLY SECOND THAT why did I not have the money and space to buy Hoth Base and 7283 Ultimate Space Battle I especially kick myself for not getting 7283 and every day I regret it :angry::vader::angry:

What really annoys me is when people like Alan on TM (pickles04) charge you $250 for it MISB, DARN YOU ALAN :angry::devil:

anyway thats out of the system how much are you charging for the MINI RGS anything over $10 and Im out because I dont have the money to just spend on MINIs sorry

CommanderFox

P.S. OOOHHHH look at the back of the Kmart mag spend 50 dollors or more and go into the draw to win $5,000. Yes please that would fund this whole year of Lego and abit of next year :cry_happy::cry_happy::cry_happy::classic:

also same at westfield spend $50 or more and win $5,000 or $100,000 :cry_happy::cry_happy::classic:

Hey Sam have you seen the front page of FBTB and the new brickmaster set (mini AT-TE) because im wondering when it comes out if you could do alittle clever trade here and there and somehow obtain it HEHE and sell one to me when I can afford it :wink::wink::wink:

Thanks

CommanderFox

I'll see. If i do somehow get an extra one, i'm not sure if you would pay what its worth :sceptic:

But to be honest the new AT-TE looks :sick: IMO

I agree that 25% and 30% is preferable, but you usually can't get everything you want at that discount. 20% off on the other hand is what I tend to budget against. You can usually buy everything you want at 20% at some point. I therefore tend to ignore lesser sales but hang out for the 20% ones where I actually buy stuff.

Fox has just reminded me that I believe I have a couple of the old mini AT-TE's, RGS's and Sith Infiltrators which I could be persuaded to trade for the right offerings. I also have a 8002 Destroyer Droid that I don't really have the space for, complete with box and instructions if anyone was interested.

There is not much OOP stuff that I want desperately other then then an A-wing (which is in Home One anyway) and some manga droids.

I would also like the Droid gunship & the V19 Torrent (which I am still contemplating) and frankly most things from this years star wars or Indy ranges.

Of course there is a bunch of stuff that I wish I had bought too but I'm being cheap about to buy now:

- Hoth base (oh why did I not buy it when I had the chance? damn limited edition)

- Mos Eisley Cantina (well Greedo really)

- Star Destroyer

- Sail Barge

- Ultimate Space Battle

If only I had the budget and the space for it all...

I Might be able to surce a Hoth Base depending what you'll pay. (i'm looking at the hoth lot on TM and have no need for another hoth base)

Hey KnightlyKnight I ABSOLUTLY SECOND THAT why did I not have the money and space to buy Hoth Base and 7283 Ultimate Space Battle I especially kick myself for not getting 7283 and every day I regret it :angry::vader::angry:

What really annoys me is when people like Alan on TM (pickles04) charge you $250 for it MISB, DARN YOU ALAN :angry::devil:

anyway thats out of the system how much are you charging for the MINI RGS anything over $10 and Im out because I dont have the money to just spend on MINIs sorry

CommanderFox

I think thats a bit harsh. It's a fair price, considering it's rarity and the fact it was US exclusive :classic:

Hey Sam, now your just making me look guilty :laugh: OK SORRY ALAN I didn't mean that and I do now that that price is OK but still its alot for a 567 piece set and with the AT-TE I just wont to compare it to my old one see the differences Lego have made with it and if I really don't like it ill just sell it on TM :grin: and what are you talking about me not being able to afford it at the price its worth, what do you think they would charge if it wosn't a brickmaster excuslive and just a MINI that you could buy at the shops? :classic:

CommanderFox :classic:

Check out my new Brickshelf, just registered today and ill be uploading along next week, username is CommandoFox because someone has stolen CommanderFox :hmpf_bad::hmpf_bad:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=371915

not excactly shore if the link will work but anyway :classic:

Hey Guys heads up check out S@H they have 7680 Twilight $90 down from $180

7681 is available again with commanderFox. It has been sold out for awhile now. Please tell me if anyone is doing an order because I would like to buy this set so if you could order it I would pay abit of the shipping :classic:

7678 droid gunship is $30 down from $60

1085 UCS general grievous is $85 down from $170

Please notify me soon if any of you is doing an order so we can organise it

Thanks CommanderFox

My bricklink http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=371915 :classic::classic:

still uploading :blush::blush:

Hey Sam, now your just making me look guilty :laugh: OK SORRY ALAN I didn't mean that and I do now that that price is OK but still its alot for a 567 piece set

I think one thing you may be missing is the fact that no one cares (OK, some do, but we'll ignore that :tongue: ) how big or how many peices a set has, it's about how scarce it is, so sure, it's not big, but it's rare. So as long as no-one else has it, any price is fair... :wink:

what are you talking about me not being able to afford it at the price its worth, what do you think they would charge if it wosn't a brickmaster excuslive and just a MINI that you could buy at the shops? :classic:

CommanderFox :classic:

Similar to above, the fact is that it is vary rare for anyone in NZ to get their hand's on these BM sets. What they would charge for it in shops is irrelevant because the fact is, it's all based on market value, as it's not a retail set :wink:

What i meant when i said

i'm not sure if you would pay what its worth
is that you probably would think that the market value is crazy for a tiny MINI set, therefore wouldn't want it at that price.

Hope that's all cleared up :classic:

7678 Dropship is crazy at $30, I liked it at $60 (first set i paid RRP for in ages)

The twilight i might have to pick up for $90 :sceptic: it's a good price wether or ot i want it :tongue:

hey I was wondering, Is Count Dooku's solar sailer available anywhere in New Zealand. Its one of this summers sets i was really looking forward to but I cant find it anywhere :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

hey I was wondering, Is Count Dooku's solar sailer available anywhere in New Zealand. Its one of this summers sets i was really looking forward to but I cant find it anywhere :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

I haven't seen it anywhere yet, but am also looking for it. I really don't want to pay $120 for it though :sceptic:

I haven't seen it anywhere yet, but am also looking for it. I really don't want to pay $120 for it though :sceptic:

I would want to pay that much I think its the best clone wars set thats been made and I also missed out on the magnaguard starfighter cause it wasnt worth it. But, now that the solar sailer has magnaguards I would pay $120 for it

Really? Wow... sure, it's good, but IMO it's overpriced at $120, i'd like one for around $80 :sweet::cry_happy:

Man, i really want the new target mini's :hmpf_bad:

OH :hmpf_bad: you guys are having the same problem as me about dooku's solar sailor but im thinking it might come out when the other sets do about mid July to mid August and maybe Ahsoka's starfighter might even come out at the same time, Im only going to get this set if it's on sale for less then $80 I mean who's going to pay $100 bucks for a set that I personally reckon is only worth at the max $60.

I got some prices again at Kmart,

star wars

8016-$45

8018-$88 (still, im wondering when this is going to end :classic: )

8019-$99 (still)

Indi

7683-$95

City

7631-$32

7630-$20.

so it looks abit like that 88 and 99 is Kmarts original price for the 8018 and 8019 :classic::classic:

CommanderFox

my brickshelf http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=371915 :classic::classic:

Do kmart have the pirates shipwreck? I'm over northlands way so kmart palms and riccarton are out of my way, I noticed toy world didn't have it, but Warehouse did.

Also i pop into toyworld tower junction a bit and they have i better selection than most. when i was working at tower junction after buying sets at admittedly full price for a few months they then started giving me staff discount. (20%)

But farmers seam to have the most deals recently if your a farmers card holder, though not a huge range i picked up 5x pirates canon battle.

Any body know of any NZ retailer stocking the pirates impulse sets? i needs me an army.