Legoman

New Zealand: "Where to find Lego"

It seems IQ toys have got some shipments of Lego in and the majority is at about 20% off - including a nice range of exclusives. They have several Modulars, the UCS X-wing, Arkham, and the Sydney Opera house at 20% off.

I have reason to believe that toyworld is having 20% off storewide this weekend so think I'll be getting my Opera house there, unless they bump the price up or take it off the shelf, in which case IQ toys it will be!

It seems Toyco doesn't include their exclusives in their sales so much anymore so they've lost my business on this one (A real shame they didn't have them in stock when it was 25 or 30% off!).

Is anyone here interested in the Architecture range? One of my customers asked me to bring in the Imperial Hotel and I brought in 2 (Planning one for myself) but I'm having a hard time justifying opening it. If anyone is interested (Buying or potentially trade) give me a yell. Still new and sealed. You can't get this one in NZ (Or at least I've never seen it here if it is) :classic:

I just send your comment to my boss ..... see what he going to do .... as we are just a Toy shop we survive by selling toy .. and you know LEGO margin is low ... hope I can get some good news from my boss

LEGO Day in Toyco , 16th November ... LEGO SKY TOWER .... 1.9 Meter Height ....Start count down now ..every day got 2 set of lego on special

Indeed, Plus 35% off architecture, 60% off games, 40% off lone ranger and ninja turtles, up to 50% off galaxy squad... Lots of really good deals!

Hi there, been awhile since i've posted here. Just wondering, has anyone heard of any pre christmas sales yet? Keen to purchase some of the star wars sets from this year and the upcoming ones, just need a good sale.

Also for all the UCS collectors, I hope you've checked out this guy's collection up for sale. I would love to own those sets but sadly they are too costly. Hope some of you pick them up as they seem like fairly good prices.

CF

Also for all the UCS collectors, I hope you've checked out this guy's collection up for sale.

I was drooling over that last night - hopefully the Darth Maul and Blockade Runner dont go too high - these 2 will complete my collection!

I'm trying to get rid of some Pirate sets which've been hanging around forever. They're brand new; eleven of set 6239, and four of 6240. I'm thinking $150 for the lot, which undercuts the cheapest new prices on Bricklink. PM me if you're interested!

Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I last posted here!

Some of you may be aware that starting at 7pm tonight is 'Click Monday', which is a Kiwi version of 'Click Madness'. Essentially, it is a chance for online retailers to have some big sales before Christmas. I have no idea what Lego deals are on offer, but Toyworld, Toyco, Fishpond, and Mighty Ape are involved, with Toyworld apparently offering their deals in store too. Check out the website: http://www.clickmonday.co.nz/ to see the list of retailers, and check their websites from 7pm to see if you can grab a bargain :)

PS Sorry about the link, I wasn't able to hyperlink it on the go :)

EDIT: Toyworld has 20-50% off everything

Edited by epic_red

Hi all - NZer who just spent far too much at Toyco. I'm always on the look out for cheap bulk lots for myself and my 5yo girl, so City, Friends and Creator are where we're at. I'm keen to get into the modular Creators, but that'll have to wait till I have more work hours (and less playtime, woe!).

Is lookout one word? Who knew?

Saw the 10236 Ewok Village in TW Tauranga today. Was not really considering the set originally, but seeing the box made me think twice. It was unpriced as the boss was not in but I will go back tomorrow to possible put it on layby. Still no sign of Orthanc though:(

Hey guys I'm looking for a brand new creator Santa set that came with this months lego club magazine

Please pm me if you have one for sale

Thanks

Hey guys I'm looking for a brand new creator Santa set that came with this months lego club magazine

Please pm me if you have one for sale

Thanks

I don't have any particular purpose for mine, I'll flick you a message.

Hey, side note - why do Kiwis and Aussies have to pay for the Lego club?

We do tend to get free polybags each year at Christmas - not sure that's a legit reason, but they don't get them in the states (where membership is free) and that does eventually largely offset your $20. It is all round a completely different system really.

Mighty Ape is running a daily deal - that will expire very shortly (12pm lunchtime):

http://www.mightyape...eals/slot/14493

There seem to be a few good prices - They have the death star at 670, perhaps the cheapest i've seen it

Oh man, disappointing I missed out on that, The UCS X-wing was a great deal!

Good find

So, did anyone do well on the LEGO front this Xmas or in the boxing day sales?

And what has happened to the Kiwibricks website?

Picked up the Tower of Orthanc set at 20% off, was tempted to get the UCS X wing too, but had to get BBQ fixed up! Out of interest, how much was the UCS Xwing on Mighty Ape?

I see what you mean about Kiwibricks. In all honesty, a great idea, but maybe a little too ambitious for such a small NZ community? With the interwebs being so wide reaching, and international sales being a daily reality, maybe its best to piggyback off the bigger sites, exactly like we have here.

No offence or discredit to the creators of Kiwibricks - I always popped in weekly for a catchup. If it is going to be reborn, Id suggest having one forum for all discussion rather than multiple sub forums. Or even a group set up on FB?? Keep it really simple.

No offence or discredit to the creators of Kiwibricks - I always popped in weekly for a catchup. If it is going to be reborn, Id suggest having one forum for all discussion rather than multiple sub forums. Or even a group set up on FB?? Keep it really simple.

I was the creator of Kiwibricks, but unfortunately I won't be able to maintain it in the future. :look: I've talked with a few people about it already, but if anyone here is interested in taking responsibility for it, please shoot me a PM. Otherwise, a Facebook page sounds like a very good idea. :sweet:

How much would you pay for a Technic 8872 (truck/trailer and forklift) with box in NZ? I am thinking of selling mine on trademe

Edited by pigpen

How much would you pay for a Technic 8872 (truck/trailer and forklift) with box in NZ? I am thinking of selling mine on trademe

Looking at BL, prices seem to be around the NZD100 mark for used sets. Most serious collectors will usually look here for an indication of value.

Just a tip though - I sold a few sets around the New Year last year on TM, and the auctions really underperformed. I think you might be better off waiting a few weeks till people are back from holiday etc. Just my 2c though:)

Hi all! My daughter and I collect Lego friends and we did pretty darn well this Christmas, scoring the most popular set (3188 Heartlake Vet) off of Jworld on trade me (Sego, I think?) which had box damage, so was down to 75 buy now, with postage it was only a buck fifty over retail and they threw in a Friends keyring! Total win. I bought it less then half an hour after it went up - we later watched a second hand, well played with 3188 sell for $95.50. Ouch.

We tried to grab older sets which won't be around any more, so got the Camper and Cafe from aunts and uncles, plus little sets like Mia's Magic Tricks and Stephanie's Convertible, also grabbed a basic bricks box and a City Cargo truck set, for the forklift (my partner drives one at her work at Placemakers!).

Does anyone know of anyone who collects old Fabuland or Bellville sets? I'm considering selling some if anyone is keen. I also have a few Technic sets from the early '90s, and Robin Hood and his merry men, though I might keep that set, it's pretty rad!

Friends Lego was going for crazy prices, one of the Auckland sellers were re-listing 2 dolphin cruisers per day at $165 each in the lead up to Christmas, we managed to get it from Toyworld for around $90 just prior to Christmas for our daughter.

My Trade me watch list is the smallest its been since I got back into Lego, which means there's nothing worth while on there or I have most of what I want haha.

On another note IQ Toys has some good prices at the moment with the UCS X-Wing at $290 and the UCS B-Wing for $326.

Oooh - thanks for the heads-up on the UCS X-wing. Was very lucky to get a US fan to send me a Bwing when they were $99USD a few months back:)

No probs, that would complete your UCS collection? If I remember correctly you won a new UCS falcon on Trade me about a year ago before the prices got really high? Did you ever make it or leave it sealed?

No probs, that would complete your UCS collection? If I remember correctly you won a new UCS falcon on Trade me about a year ago before the prices got really high? Did you ever make it or leave it sealed?

Still have Darth Maul and the Blockade runner to go. Im trying to BL Darth Maul though using a few part substitutions.... And I on-sold the Falcon again when prices were getting ridiculous - used it to buy a few Classic Town sets! Call me daft, but I really REALLY love my 6399 Airport Shuttle. Still have a built falcon though.

I also Bricklinked my 10030 Star Destroyer, but have made many alterations to it. Its about 90% finished, so expect to see some pics here on EB in the next few months. Im really quite proud of it too :)