Legoman

New Zealand: "Where to find Lego"

Hmm might have to have a look in sometime, so is the sale running only from the 17-20?

For the vouchers, yep.

Managed to persuade a US Lego fan to get me a UCS B-Wing during the 4 May sale. Total cost, including postage? $168NZD. Thats 60% off the NZ RRP, delivered to my door. Add that to my recent purchase of a UCS Y-wing for $140, and I've scored some pretty awesome deals recently.

Managed to persuade a US Lego fan to get me a UCS B-Wing during the 4 May sale. Total cost, including postage? $168NZD. Thats 60% off the NZ RRP, delivered to my door. Add that to my recent purchase of a UCS Y-wing for $140, and I've scored some pretty awesome deals recently.

You sir are a lucky man. I wish i could do that with the current UCS Xwing. I just cant justify spending $400 on a lego set, especially with a hefty tax on that

Thats some serious savings right there! Very lucky. Those sets are amazing but they're just too much for me.

CF

You sir are a lucky man. I wish i could do that with the current UCS Xwing. I just cant justify spending $400 on a lego set, especially with a hefty tax on that

Keep in mind, if you're buying from Lego.com, their prices already include tax - plus they have free postage at the moment :classic:

Or you can always wait for 20% off, which will no doubt happen at some stage. I really don't plan to pay more than $250 for the new X-wing, but most people would call that crazy :wink:

Keep in mind, if you're buying from Lego.com, their prices already include tax - plus they have free postage at the moment :classic:

That got me excited for a bit. Until I read the $200 minimum fine print. Which is a shame, because their prices on most of the power functions parts are surprisingly low. Except for the 8878 LiPo battery and transformer. One of these arrived in the post today from a BL order. I would've been miffed to pay $200 for that and the charger. It's tiny.

Those are mean deals on the UCS sets harmacy. Was the Y-wing from TM? Quite keen on that set. One day...

Yep - The Y wing was from TM - advertised a while back. It had quite a few yellowed parts (all white), which I had spares of anyway. Fortunately, the really rare parts from that set (The dark orange bricks with handles, the tubing for the struts and the wheels for the engine) were all perfect. I managed to negotiate the price due the high yellowed content. Y-wings are pretty expensive these days, so I got a really awesome deal out it. Just waiting for my B-wing to arrive now!

Toyworld have a 4 day 4 coupon sale. 50% off one item under $30, 30% off one item, 25% off one item and 20% off one item.

I used the 30% and 25% coupons to buy two 10233 Horizon Express for a total of $NZ 290, saving $NZ 110 :)

Or you can always wait for 20% off, which will no doubt happen at some stage. I really don't plan to pay more than $250 for the new X-wing, but most people would call that crazy :wink:

So you dont have to pay some sort of duty on it? I thought you did on items $400 or more, when bringing something of that value into NZ

Toyworld have a 4 day 4 coupon sale. 50% off one item under $30, 30% off one item, 25% off one item and 20% off one item.

I used the 30% and 25% coupons to buy two 10233 Horizon Express for a total of $NZ 290, saving $NZ 110 :)

It's pretty good eh! I used mine Friday, considering on going in again.. But the age old question is 'do I need it' :tongue:

So you don't have to pay some sort of duty on it? I thought you did on items $400 or more, when bringing something of that value into NZ

Usually you would, but LegoS@H in NZ GST registered and they pay the tax when you buy from them. That only goes for S@H though - anything from Bricklink/Ebay/Amazon will get taxed if over $400 :classic:

It's pretty good eh! I used mine Friday, considering on going in again.. But the age old question is 'do I need it' :tongue:

Usually you would, but LegoS@H in NZ GST registered and they pay the tax when you buy from them. That only goes for S@H though - anything from Bricklink/Ebay/Amazon will get taxed if over $400 :classic:

Cheers mate!!! Still gonna wait for a sale though ($400 i dont think so)

The warehouse daily deal today has the cargo train 7939 for $275

And how many are going to end up on trademe by the day is out.

And how many are going to end up on trademe by the day is out.

I was worried that it might get cleared quickly by people looking to markup and on sell, so picked up one very quickly (I saw the sale go up by chance, and the stocking dropped a third during the time it took me to purchase) - this will be my first Lego train set, the prices seem prohibitively expensive, but with the mark down I decided to dip my toes... well up to my knees really as it was still fairly pricey.

Oh and hi, I had no idea there was a thread like this :classic:

I was worried that it might get cleared quickly by people looking to markup and on sell, so picked up one very quickly (I saw the sale go up by chance, and the stocking dropped a third during the time it took me to purchase) - this will be my first Lego train set, the prices seem prohibitively expensive, but with the mark down I decided to dip my toes... well up to my knees really as it was still fairly pricey.

Oh and hi, I had no idea there was a thread like this :classic:

Welcome to our little NZ home topic here on EB Alternator!

Looking at Trademe there are 7 for sale so far, all having little markups except for this guys listing which is alittle cheaper.

I hope Red Alert continues to have Lego deals, could be some fantastic bargains to score!

CF

Welcome to our little NZ home topic here on EB Alternator!

Looking at Trademe there are 7 for sale so far, all having little markups except for this guys listing which is alittle cheaper.

I hope Red Alert continues to have Lego deals, could be some fantastic bargains to score!

CF

To be honest I doubt many resellers would have bought them - The markup wouldn't be worth anyone's time.That set has a pretty low market value - They've been hanging around TM at those sort of prices for quite a while now, I'm not surprised to see them at that sort of discount. Nice set though, definitely one for the city fans.

Also just a heads up given this is a NZ topic, couple of bits of Kiwi news - The Auckland Lego Train group are putting on a show this queens birthday weekend:

and LUG4/2's show is coming up in July, and there's just over a week left to register for that: http://lug4x2.org/

Mightyape are having a LEGO sale at the mo. Up to 40% off selected sets. UCS B-Wing is $345 (not too bad really) Just letting everyone know

Mightyape are having a LEGO sale at the mo. Up to 40% off selected sets. UCS B-Wing is $345 (not too bad really) Just letting everyone know

Thanks for the heads up! Will have to have a little browse of what they have :sweet:

CF

Wow yeah, there are some impressive deals there - For me the technic F1 racer and excavator prices really jumped out ($131 seems like a great price for the F1 racer considering it is the 1st half 2013 main technic model). Also the Winter Village Cottage... Sadly I'm not really in a position to make good on those deals :cry_sad: (bought heaps of Lego recently and I actually have the must have sets in that list I want anyway - except perhaps the B-Wing which I'm thinking I will skip at this stage - I'd sooner save the money on the off chance I can swing a good deal for a Death Star!).

Edited by Alternator

Cheers for the tip. Hard to say no to the F1 car when it's going for equal to the US RRP but in NZ$. The difference in pricing between NZ and the US for Technic in particular seems to have been shrinking recently. The "NZ RRP = 2 x US RRP" rule doesn't apply much anymore.

Edit: More Lego on the WH online deals today. 7498 City Police Station for $115. Here's hoping it's continuing trend...

Edited by Fatteh

I brought a 9443 Ninjago Rattlecopter yesterday 20% off at Toyworld in The Base so only $47 which was the cheapest that I have found. Good to see that Toyworld at the base had 2x 10221Super Star Destroyer for $899 and 2x 10188 Death Star for $956

Edited by technicfan

I brought a 9443 Ninjago Rattlecopter yesterday 20% off at Toyworld in The Base so only $47 which was the cheapest that I have found. Good to see that Toyworld at the base had 2x 10221Super Star Destroyer for $899 and 2x 10188 Death Star for $956

Oh yes reminds me, the Collingwood st Toyworld in Hamilton is closing down, it may still have 1 or 2 Super Star Destroyers marked at $600. (sadly I didn't see any Death Star's there).