Legoman

New Zealand: "Where to find Lego"

any news on the super star destoryer and r2d2 hitting the nz shelves?

Star destroyer will be on shelf October and winter village post office too

Second that.

Also loving Farmers' regular 20% introductory discount on new sets. Not sure if it's a new thing, but it certainly makes early purchasing rather tempting.

LEGO LOR ...should be on NZ shelf next week.

Star destroyer will be on shelf October and winter village post office too

Welcome to EB Toyco Raymond! :sweet: pop over and introduce yourself here!

Do you by any chance work at Toyco? Just curious. :sweet:

Hope you enjoy it on EB!

CF

Toyworld and Moore Wilsons in Wellington have LOTR sets out now. Also MF series 8. :classic:

Toyworld and Moore Wilsons in Wellington have LOTR sets out now. Also MF series 8. :classic:

Same story for Toyworld Albany up here.

They had 4 collectable minifigures behind the counter that they had um.. "pre-felt"? :laugh: That saved me hunting for the 4 of them (fairy, actor, cowgirl and conquistador) but I must have spent a good half hour hunting down another 9. Just santa, business man and the German to get - misfelt the actor's frill as a pretzel! Can you believe it! :wacko:

All the staff there were very understanding of an AFOL hunting down his figures. I was not the first one to sift through the minifigure bin apparently :grin:

Heres hoping that Farmers will apply their 20% off new release specials to the LOTR sets - It'll make a substantial difference to people like me who want the whole range!

In case anyone is interested yet unaware, teh Warewhare has dumped a lot of stuff to clearance lately: any HP,PotC and Alien Conquest left floating around; lots of Ninjago (the Fire Temple is half price again); and also practically all the SW not from the most recent wave: Battle of Naboo, Geonosian Cannon and Droid Escape are $35; latest BPs are $20; Ewok Attack is an almost reasonable $40. Spotted a few manager's specials on top of these. Plenty of solid bargains out there at the moment.

Also, I noticed today that the enormous 9396 Technic helicopter - which has a RRP of US$120 - is coming out in NZ for about $150 local clams. Whut? Is this a TLG ploy to lure NZers into splurging on still more product lines?

They had 4 collectable minifigures behind the counter that they had um.. "pre-felt"? :laugh:

The Lower Hutt Toyword actually cut a small slit in the packet then reseal it with sellotape, and write on the back the number from the sheet. You can also pre order so that when they are checking the minifigs the will put aside the ones you want. Great service :thumbup:

Edited by AllanSmith

The current 20% promotion at the Warehouse applies to all the clearance sets as well, making for a lot of very cheap Lego. Like the Technic Logging Truck for $150, down from $250.

Toyco has 25% off this weekend again; seems to be happening a lot recently. Doesn't apply to modular buildings or some of the large items but reasonable savings on quite a lot of other stuff. Also seem to have 60% off Pirates of the Carribean stuff.

Toyco has 25% off this weekend again; seems to be happening a lot recently. Doesn't apply to modular buildings or some of the large items but reasonable savings on quite a lot of other stuff. Also seem to have 60% off Pirates of the Carribean stuff.

I did a $140 order this morning..... :wub: So excited!!! Dissapointed though that I missed out on the whitecap bay set, only $68! :oh3:

I emailed Toyco regarding the Gandalf arrives set as I noticed it wasn't on the site, they said it would be on tomorrow. So Im doing another order once thats on. :sweet:

CF

Oh cheers for the heads up mate!

Just made a nice we order with them - about time I tried them out :wink:

Oh cheers for the heads up mate!

Just made a nice we order with them - about time I tried them out :wink:

'We order'? :laugh: Hahaa bought out everything did we? :tongue:

What did you order? Im always keen to hear about other peoples purchases. :laugh:

CF

'We order'? :laugh: Hahaa bought out everything did we? :tongue:

What did you order? Im always keen to hear about other peoples purchases. :laugh:

CF

Ha.. I wish :wink:

I picked up 2 London Escapes, 2 'the Mill''s, 2 Uruk-Hai Armies, and an Ork Forge.

RRP for all those would be $629.93, and the order came out at $325.47 :thumbup:

Ha.. I wish :wink:

I picked up 2 London Escapes, 2 'the Mill''s, 2 Uruk-Hai Armies, and an Ork Forge.

RRP for all those would be $629.93, and the order came out at $325.47 :thumbup:

Nice! All up my order would have been $300, came down to a nice $140! I picked up 2 London escapes aswell, a Geonosian Cannon and a little Ninjago guy for my brother... :sceptic::laugh:

Im tempted for another order to get some Uruk-hai sets, but then had a look on BL. I've seen this guy in the past. He sells brand new sets, and has alot of themes, at really affordable prices! Even better then Toyco!

Just wondering how much shipping would be, and if i'd get hit with tax. If i say bought $100 or so NZ dollars worth from him would they hit me with import tax? I've never bought lego outside New Zealand so don't know. :classic:

Anyways im very happy with my Toyco purchase, still got till friday to make another one!

CF

Nice! All up my order would have been $300, came down to a nice $140! I picked up 2 London escapes aswell, a Geonosian Cannon and a little Ninjago guy for my brother... :sceptic::laugh:

Im tempted for another order to get some Uruk-hai sets, but then had a look on BL. I've seen this guy in the past. He sells brand new sets, and has alot of themes, at really affordable prices! Even better then Toyco!

Just wondering how much shipping would be, and if i'd get hit with tax. If i say bought $100 or so NZ dollars worth from him would they hit me with import tax? I've never bought lego outside New Zealand so don't know. :classic:

Anyways im very happy with my Toyco purchase, still got till friday to make another one!

CF

Tax should only hit you if the package is worth over $400, although this includes the value of postage as well. I've bought sets from them a few times before, although the cost of shipping usually removes most of the savings you're making. It can help to request that the boxes and instructions be removed, since it saves on space and a fair amount of weight.

Thanks to Legonz's tip I've just made an order there as well. :sweet: 2 London Escapes and 4 Mills cut down from $600 to a very respectable $240.

Hey all,

It's been a while.

Just went into the Tauranga Warehouse in hopes of scouting out some clearance deals as mentioned earlier by Fatteh to no avail.

The selection of Lego has decreased immensely since I last went there and it was rather disappointing with no battle packs at all (which is what I was after) and basically no Star Wars at all.

They did however have the Series 8 mini-figures available, two boxes worth in fact but they had no specials on or anything.

Just picked up a few Whitecap bays from Toyco .... keep an eye on them, it appears what you see now may not be everything they have in stock - but they are trickle feeding us :) (or maybe they just found a carton out the back)

ordered a few sets from the warehouse online store and i can recommend them, quick shipping and boxes were packaged well...plus the 20% is great

just waiting for them to get in the SSD 10221 hehehe

Edited by evil_elmo

ordered a few sets from the warehouse online store and i can recommend them, quick shipping and boxes were packaged well...plus the 20% is great

just waiting for them to get in the SSD 10221 hehehe

10221 just landing in NZ .... IN STOCK

Just picked up a few Whitecap bays from Toyco .... keep an eye on them, it appears what you see now may not be everything they have in stock - but they are trickle feeding us :) (or maybe they just found a carton out the back)

If LEGO got stock and they are special then Toyco will order them and special them on website too ..( They just send us one carton last week.) is gone now

If LEGO got stock and they are special then Toyco will order them and special them on website too ..( They just send us one carton last week.) is gone now

Seems like I got very lucky then! I knew I should have ordered the entire box... :)

20% sale would be nice, :wink:

Just a heads up that the LEGO Star Wars 10221 Super Star Destroyer is currently $499 on Fishpond.

They take a while to get stuff to you, but if you want a bargain now is your chance.

Feel free to think of me if you do buy one. :)

Just a heads up that the LEGO Star Wars 10221 Super Star Destroyer is currently $499 on Fishpond.

They take a while to get stuff to you, but if you want a bargain now is your chance.

Ohhh man, that's a pretty good price.. I had told myself I'd pounce if I saw it under $550, But I'm not sure how much I trust them. I tried them out with some books and they started arriving way after the already long expected delivery..

If only Toyco had them at $500 - But I suppose that's the price you pay for good service.

I'll keep that in mind. I mean, at $500, waiting a couple of months might be worth it.

Ohhh man, that's a pretty good price.. I had told myself I'd pounce if I saw it under $550, But I'm not sure how much I trust them. I tried them out with some books and they started arriving way after the already long expected delivery..

If only Toyco had them at $500 - But I suppose that's the price you pay for good service.

I'll keep that in mind. I mean, at $500, waiting a couple of months might be worth it.

I bought a few things from Fishpond recently - a Maersk train, the Petshop and the Fire Station. Took forever, no tracking but the price was very low and the shipping was free - from memory the Petshop was $247 and the fire station was $239. Ordered them right at the start of August and only just arrived a week or so ago. Also, packing wasn't very good - lego box was a bit damaged, but to be fair they offered me either to send another one or give me a $35 credit. Didn't want to wait another two months for another one so went with the credit.

wow thats a good price.

could be worth the 2 months wait but i'm more worried about the damage packaging

Legonz: how bad was the damage boxes?

~edit~

$499 was too hard to pass up....just ordered one and it said end of November for delivery

Edited by evil_elmo