Legoman

New Zealand: "Where to find Lego"

Saw that Farmers had the Helicopter Rescue (4429) on sale for $70 instead of $90 :sweet: Very tempted to buy it

Toyco has 20% off SW Lego including the new sets.

Edit: also applies to trains and maybe some other sets. Free shipping for orders over $100.

Edited by Fatteh

Hey everyone

I want to buy the Lego Batman Batcave 6860 set.

Anyone know of places that still have the set in stock ? I live in the Albany area.

Thanks in advance

Just noticed the UCS B-wing price is up on Lego.com - $450!!! Yeouch! Im definitely Bricklinking this bad boy - Works out at $250NZD for the US RRP of $199.

Just noticed the UCS B-wing price is up on Lego.com - $450!!! Yeouch! Im definitely Bricklinking this bad boy - Works out at $250NZD for the US RRP of $199.

Shivers! Agreed..

Oh Legoman - great pic on the Chch press website! - sounds like the show weekend was very popular!

I know it's unlikely to find Technic fans here that don't monitor Trademe, but I'll try anyway: Any takers for a 8455 for $270? Ex display model, hardly used. I live near Amberley.

Oh Legoman - great pic on the Chch press website! - sounds like the show weekend was very popular!

If any of you who were there could upload pics of the event on flickr or somewhere it would be hugely appreciated!! I'd love to see how it kicked off :sweet:

CF

If any of you who were there could upload pics of the event on flickr or somewhere it would be hugely appreciated!! I'd love to see how it kicked off :sweet:

CF

Here's a link to the flickr page with some photos of the event, courtesy of Centuri :blush:

Edited by epic_red

Here's a link to the flickr page with some photos of the event, courtesy of Centuri :blush:

Thanks epic_red!! :thumbup: I must say i'm really impressed with this!! For a first lego show, you guys have done an excellent job!!

If this is going to happen every year, i'll try and make it down not next year but the following, once i'm done with all the study :sweet:

That big diorama with the castles and water blew me away! Who was that?

CF

WOW! what an amazing show! It looks really different from the Kapiti show, which is primarily a building competition for younger folk. I'd like to be involved next year - reckon a trip to Chch could be great fun!

That looks excellent guys! Cheers for the invite too, Unfortunately Personal stuff has gotten in the way but I will hopefully make it on one of the re-rebuilds :)

Thanks epic_red!! :thumbup: I must say i'm really impressed with this!! For a first lego show, you guys have done an excellent job!!

If this is going to happen every year, i'll try and make it down not next year but the following, once i'm done with all the study :sweet:

That big diorama with the castles and water blew me away! Who was that?

CF

Sounds good man, just keep an eye on our site LUG4x2.org when you're keen to come down for one :classic:

The Big Castle/train Diorama was Thoy who came down from Auckland for the show, a brilliant builder!

WOW! what an amazing show! It looks really different from the Kapiti show, which is primarily a building competition for younger folk. I'd like to be involved next year - reckon a trip to Chch could be great fun!

Yeah it was more like the other international shows with displays and stuff, lots of AFOL's involved from all round the country. You should definitely come along to the next one! We'd love to have you along :classic:

That looks excellent guys! Cheers for the invite too, Unfortunately Personal stuff has gotten in the way but I will hopefully make it on one of the re-rebuilds :)

No problem man, we'd definitely love to see you in future!

Has any one got any Classic Town sets they would be willing to sell me?? Im looking for anything from 1985 through to 1991, specifically the harbour kits.

PM me if you have something!

Edited by harmacy

Any sightings of LOTR?

Last I heard it's not arriving until September, but I may be wrong. If I were you I'd import them - mine arrived a month ago and I got them about 35% off NZ RRP :classic:

Last I heard it's not arriving until September, but I may be wrong. If I were you I'd import them - mine arrived a month ago and I got them about 35% off NZ RRP :classic:

Second that.

Also loving Farmers' regular 20% introductory discount on new sets. Not sure if it's a new thing, but it certainly makes early purchasing rather tempting.

Has any one got any Classic Town sets they would be willing to sell me?? Im looking for anything from 1985 through to 1991, specifically the harbour kits.

PM me if you have something!

I have 99% of the Town sets from 1985 to 1991. Am thinking of downsizing my collection to recent LEGO City sets that fit in with my public display. Would be willing to part with them all. How rich are you? :laugh:

Did you get yours from a retailer, BL or somewhere else? I've been thinking about picking up more LotR sets and should probably shop around for the best deals.

Did you get yours from a retailer, BL or somewhere else? I've been thinking about picking up more LotR sets and should probably shop around for the best deals.

I got mine from Barnes and Noble when they had a deal going - but several places offer them

R2-D2 is now available online from both Toyco and Toyplanet and I've heard it has started showing up in Toyworlds around the country. Not sure about the Super Star Destroyer but I think that one hits shelves here towards the end of September-early October, hope this helps :classic:

this may interest some of you

Woo finally found series 8 in New Zealand today! Picked up the DJ and the Actor (love both his faces!) Will probably also be picking up at least one santa and maybe the diver.