Sign in to follow this  
MetroiD

MOC: Full Throttle - Ben's Corley

indexed.gif V-LV-48D

This one was inspired by one of my favourite PC games, LucasArts' 95 adventure Full Throttle. Hopefully, there will be some of you around here who are familiar with the game. To those who aren't - I hope that this can serve as a good incentive to play the game - trust me, you'll love it!

1mainpic.jpg

2benmainft.jpg

Ben is the leader of a freedom-loving gang of bikers, The Polecats. There's not much to say about him since he prefers to keep his stories to himself; one thing's for sure though - Ben loves his bike and doesn't like it when anyone fiddles with it.

benlego.jpg

benft.jpg

Talking about Ben's bike, it's a heavily customized Corley. In fact, it boasts in excess of 6 (count 'em!) exhaust pipes, so you could try and imagine the sound that comes out of those babies.

benrearlego.jpg

benrearft.jpg

Quote Ben, "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. Noone can stop me. But they try..."

A few "serious" words about this MOC: I was not going for realism with this one. The loooong wheelbase and the ridiculous amount of exhaust pipes are all features of the comic-yet-believable style of Ben's original in-game bike. That's what I was trying to achieve, PLUS I definitely wanted this one to minifig-rideable. Hence the weird-looking gap in the middle.

To those of you who would want to see some more realistic minifig-scale bikes - I have one which is currently WIP, I might post it on here and ask you guys for some feedback. But for now - I hope you enjoy this.

Wonderful bike! And pretty close to the original :thumbup:

I did not known that LA game but man I think I'm going to look for it :wink:

A massive bike that is and pretty cool indeed with all these exhaust pipes. :classic:

Motorcycles for MFs´re not very easy to design indeed, but for a chopper it would

really look a little more cool if the MF could be sitting rather than standing on it...

very nice bike.

to be similar to the real model is sure very difficult, especially if you intended to fit minifig on it.

nice effort man, i appreciated your hard work.

nice building technique too.

awesome creation. :thumbup:

I never played the game but from the picture I can see that it was really long ago! :classic: By the way, I love the bike! :wub:

Nice job on the bike. It seemed a bit oversize at first, but based on the screen shots, it looks like it's just the right length, and only a bit taller. You definatley captured the essence of the bike. The front and back look very much like the picture, however, the area in the middle by the seat is a bit sparse, perhaps another set of pipes (as in the picture) might look good there.

Very nice, it certainly looks like what it's supposed to be. I know that game well.

"Do not kick dumpster. Do not sleep in dumpster. Usage of this container for the disposal of human remains might be in violation of local health ordinances."

:grin:

"Do not kick dumpster. Do not sleep in dumpster. Usage of this container for the disposal of human remains might be in violation of local health ordinances."

How about building an "awakening at the dumpster" vig then? Because I'm definitely going to build the Kickstand someday soon and park all my bikes in front of it :classic:

@ Eilif - thanks for the tip mate! I must just do that once I'm done with our current projects (which, of course, include a few bikes as well :wink: )