Sign in to follow this  
Cooper

MOC: Power Miners evolution

One of my first MOCs after a ~20+ year dark age. Obviously inspired by Power Miners, but I tried to take this in a direction that looked a bit more like the recent construction sets. more on flickr

3300653559_169286831c.jpg

3300653895_96c793a79d.jpg

Edited by Cooper

This is really awesome. What a great way to come out from your Dark Ages. Was it Power Miners that got you out of it?

It really resambles the recent, big City sets. I like the bulky look of the tracks, nice way to put the dynamites, and it has the good amount of details, but still that big and nice Power Miners feeling. Great job!

Asolutely fantastic MOC, especially after 20 years! I've been tempted to buy some of the power miners stuff to rebuild as construction too but been put off by the big drills and orange parts but you've used them really well here. I especially want to turn the small treaded vehicle into a fork lift truck. Is that the chassis from the bulldozer that you've used? An excellent job

Laurie

Man, considering that you only recently came out of your dark ages, this is superb! The attention to detail, the neat frontal section, and the overall look are excellent. :thumbup:

Actually, this looks more like a real lego kit than a MOC, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I know I'd probably buy this if lego released it as a kit. :wink:

This is really awesome. What a great way to come out from your Dark Ages. Was it Power Miners that got you out of it?

My girlfriend gave me a LEGO train engine (4837) as a gift. I started looking around more at LEGO, and liked the direction Power Miners and the new Construction sets were headed.

I've been tempted to buy some of the power miners stuff to rebuild as construction too but been put off by the big drills and orange parts but you've used them really well here.

Honestly, I think Power Miners and the new Construction sets can work pretty well together. I've got a few other ideas for more "mature" Power Miners, so hopefully you'll see more of that sometime soon.

Is that the chassis from the bulldozer that you've used?

Yes, the tracks are from the bulldozer. Those are the only tracks I have currently... other than the rubber ones that come with the PM sets. The dozer is one of the other recent purchases I've had. I love the scale of that set (seems more "real" and "appropriate" given the size of actual dozers).

I especially want to turn the small treaded vehicle into a fork lift truck

That idea deserves to get built. :blush:

Edited by Cooper

Very nice MOC, Cooper! Great details and clever use of pieces :thumbup:

I particoularly like the big windscreen, that gives the pilot a better field of view than the one used for the Cristal Sweeper :sceptic:

And, they sure have plenty of dynamite there :tongue:

LuxorV

very creative idea and MOC.

your talent is sure a big one.

and for 20 year dark ager, you're a great creator.

the vehicle is very nice in design and proportional.

the power miner with construction concept is perfect.

awesome man. :thumbup:

This is very sexy, like Jerac's MOC, too. Perhaps you should team up?

It looks very cool, though I would like to see some armour on the tracks, side-skirts, I think they're called.

Good work :tongue:

-A.S.

It looks very cool, though I would like to see some armour on the tracks, side-skirts, I think they're called.

At least with the parts I have currently, I was finding it hard to execute that convincingly. A good excuse to get more parts isn't a bad thing though. :grin:

This is a nice build. It is short and stout like you would find in a mine. I am wondering what it does though?

A very detailed and consistent work, wonderful! :thumbup:

The only thing I miss a little, since it´s a MOC and no official set,

is some easy working access to the cockpit... :grin:

I personally dig the use of dark grey to provide the hard spine of the piece, including the engine block at the back. TLG Power Miners go over board with the lime and orange theme, which can be a bit annoying, but this works perfectly!

A very detailed and consistent work, wonderful! :thumbup:

The only thing I miss a little, since it´s a MOC and no official set,

is some easy working access to the cockpit... :grin:

Gotcha covered there. :tongue:

3311009456_3c0d0529f0_o.jpg

Gotcha covered there. :tongue:

Purrfect..! :grin:

But what does it do? I love the design, and gotta know what the purpose of this thing is.

It seems to me like it´s build to bust some rocky bums... :laugh: