Sign in to follow this  
thire5

MOC: Post-Apocalypse models

Post-Apocalypse is one of my most favorite theme (Half life 2, Mad Max, Children of Men..). I was fascinated by Legohaulic's creations so I decided to build something like that. Here is my first attempt from last year:

Gallery on my old Brickshelf.

And detail photos of speeder and walker.

dio05.jpg

dio_13.jpg_thumb.jpg dio_detail_02.jpg_thumb.jpg dio_detail_03.jpg_thumb.jpg walker_02.jpg_thumb.jpg

I built another diorama in autumn. It was situated on an old industrial zone.

Gallery and detail photos of armored truck.

dio01.jpg

truck_01.jpg_thumb.jpg dio_05.jpg_thumb.jpg dio_02.jpg_thumb.jpg dio_07.jpg_thumb.jpg

And the last one is a desert base. I've built it one month ago.

Gallery and detail photos of attack fighter.

desert.jpg

fighter_01.jpg_thumb.jpg desert_base_10.jpg_thumb.jpg desert_base_18.jpg_thumb.jpg desert_base_15.jpg_thumb.jpg

Now that´s what I´m calling some pretty serious dilapidated sceneries! :grin::thumbup:

You did a really good job on all these scenarios. Hmm... perhaps it would be a little more convenient

to split that topic, it´s almost a little too much going on here to comment on everything that easily. :look:

Beside that nice falling-to-pieces appearance of them all I like especially your good use of colors from time to time to

make the typically PA all-tone-in-tone scenery a bit more interesting. There´re a lot of captivating details like the vent

in that sand blue wall and that little trans blue puddle and these small grey and sand blue containers too. All the vehicles

look very nice and well detailed. I like especially that neat walker and the little junked light wheeled tank thingy. Your MF

characters fit in too, although a little more diversity could be nice. BTW, who´s that creepy zombie loading the ammo into

that attack fighter? Which is, BTW, also a nifty little craft, although it looks, strange enough, a little fat from the side somehow... :tongue:

Those are yours? I've seen them before, and ogled at them for about 3 hours altogether, and I must say, they are fantastic. My favourite would have to be the last one, as I'm a sucker for desert scenes. Great job, and I can't wait to see more dioramas by you.

Thank you for the replies :classic:.

BTW, who´s that creepy zombie loading the ammo into

that attack fighter?

It's not a zombie, it's a cyborg or something like that. Damaged soldier who isn't able to fight.

I going to make another diorama with snow, but I don't have any specific plans yet.

I going to make another diorama with snow, but I don't have any specific plans yet.

I can't wait! I suggest making some sort of tracked vehicle, and you could possibly put it in a forest in the winter.

Although post-apoc is a bit overdone in my opinion, this is a fresh take on the theme. :thumbup:

All three of these have their own feel to them, but my favourite is the second one. I think that's because I always regard post-apoc as being low-tech equipment and such and I feel you've captured this in the second MOC. Plus I love the fence and the industrial feel to the buildings in the background.

Well done!

These scenes are exquisite, really.

I particularly like the walker, as it looks like bleeding edge technology. Really bleeding! Like gerry-rigged together to be a fighting machine in the worst, more desperate circumstances. Your use of colour, or lack of, sometimes, is superb. The attack fighter is a delight, too, looking like some dangerous, ultra-modern gunship. Juxtaposed next to the old, almost decrepit landing pad.

I love the brick built weapons, too. They show your devotion to small details, which is admirable and lovely to look at.

<3!

Edited by TenorPenny

Thanks for your kind words :classic:.

In my dioramas I use a simple concept - two fractions. The bad one have relatively high technology (underground tech labs etc.), cruel leader who wants to control the whole world. And the second one is Resistance - the rest of humans who want freedom and peace. They don't have as good technology as their enemies.