Sign in to follow this  
sens1992

MOC Gas Station

indexed.gif B-OV-9B

This is a gas station I have built on LDD. I then ordered it as well as a car wash. This is how it looks like. Unfortunatly, the car wash is the image of the LDD file...

garage7.jpg

Edited by Phred
Added image to first post.

Very nice gas station sens1992. The tiled floor looks really good! I really like the colours. It reminds me of a BP gas station.

Is there any interior that you can show to us?

Btw, did you also order the car wash part? It looks very interesting. :wub:

Thanks Granite Grinder. I wanted an updated version of the 1986 - 6378 Shell Service Station which was one of my favorites. This one looks a bit like a BP gas station.

Very nice gas station sens1992. The tiled floor looks really good! I really like the colours. It reminds me of a BP gas station.

Is there any interior that you can show to us?

Btw, did you also order the car wash part? It looks very interesting. :wub:

Thanks. I did order the car wash too. It is very nice as well. One thing that I did wrong was the telescopic arm (inside the car wash) that goes around the cars... It is more or less built with technic parts and it does not hold in place but other than that, it looks good! (myabe a tiny bit low for the newer LEGO cars.

I will built it and post it as well.

I really like what you've done there. Keep it up! :thumbup:

I look forward to seeing the car wash.

JD

Very nice indeed. Nicely chosen colors aswell. Really catches the petrol station atmosphere that building like these have. :thumbup:

Looking forward to the car wash.

Wonderful MOC! Wish the official gas station look so nice :wink:

Just an indiscreet question... how much did it cost to you? :tongue:

I love it! It looks so much like a real gas station, and I would be honoured if I were to have this in my town.

Just an indiscreet question... how much did it cost to you? :tongue:

I was wondering that too, though it probably only gave the pricing in CAD dollars.

Thanks for all positive comments guys... I paid $108.87 CAD for the gas station ( $86.00 USD and $67.00 EURO ) approx.

and I paid $62.35 CAD for the car wash ( $50.00 USD and $38.00 EURO ) approx.

It was a bit over $200.00 CAD with taxes and shipping. NO WONDER GAS IS EXPENSIVE THESE DAYS!

For more photos on it: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=369695

Very nice! It looks just like a real set.

It looks better than a real set! :wink:

This is really good, stupid that TLG asks that high prices for its factory sets...

Keep up the good work! :sweet:

Dr. Brick

...stupid that TLG asks that high prices for its factory sets...

I agree. I personally would have downloaded the instructions, and bought the parts off of Bricklink. Although I once did buy something off of Factory. Silly me.

Hey this is very cool!

That colour scheme reminds me of BP as well, good job on that, makes it look more realistic.

I'll bet that car wash looks great next to it, be sure to post some pictures of the two together when you receive it.

I'm impressed you were able to make such a fine, detailed model with LDD and I can't wait to see it with Car Wash. Excellent job! I really like the color scheme and the curved overhang makes it look like the modern gas stations around Chicago. I like it very much!

I'm very impressed. This has got to be one of the most "Set-like" of the LDD models that I've seen. Usually -as a result of the limited palete- LDD models are lacking some of the polish of set designs, but your model scarcely revealse the limits of LDD. Great Job!

Where are the stickers from?

I'm impressed you were able to make such a fine, detailed model with LDD and I can't wait to see it with Car Wash. Excellent job! I really like the color scheme and the curved overhang makes it look like the modern gas stations around Chicago. I like it very much!

It is funny you should mention Chicago because I was there last summer and I tought that a lot of the BP gas stations were super nice and they gave me the inspiration to build that one! I took a long walk and came accross a very nice one on N. Clark street that I really liked... Take a look...

<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=41.912745,-87.6329&spn=0.001451,0.002403&t=k&z=19>

Edited by sens1992

How profitable is it to run a gas station in a LEGO city nowadays? Especially with the recent low prices of petrol...

Oh, and just by the way - this is so much better than LEGO's original "gas station" set. Great MOC, keep em coming!

It is funny you should mention Chicago because I was there last summer and I tought that a lot of the BP gas stations were super nice and they gave me the inspiration to build that one! I took a long walk and came accross a very nice one on N. Clark street that I really liked... Take a look...

<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=41.912745,-87.6329&spn=0.001451,0.002403&t=k&z=19>

I know that gas station. I mentioned it and my wife said, "oh yeah, the one that looks like star trek". Great inspiration!

I don't see any pic's.... :look:

they're up now

btw, im gonna use this as an inspiration for an moc (yes this is that good)

Edited by prateek

indexed.gif

This is a gas station I have built on LDD. I then ordered it as well as a car wash. This is how it looks like. Unfortunatly, the car wash is the image of the LDD file...

Wah! Very nice design and color, white + green + lime cause very nice outlook!

they're up now

btw, im gonna use this as an inspiration for an moc (yes this is that good)

Oh I forgot about this thread! :blush:

I agree, I don't think I could make something this good in LDD. :blush:

It looks very realistic too. :sweet:

Cant wait to see the rest of it and maybe some interior pics? :sweet: