Mister Phes

The Pirate ideas in the LEGO Ideas Books

Mr Norro has so wonderfully alterted me to the online existence of the LEGO Ideas book which I haven't seen until now. I've been looking through the images and have come to the conclusion that the first is ok, but the second is just silly. I wouldn't bother using any of those ideas and it shows how LEGO's ability to create clever and interesting designs has diminished throughout the 90's.

The scans:

Ideas Book 260 from 1990

Ideas Book 697 from 1997

Ignore those other themes and share your thoughts with the EuroBricks world...

Wow! Great find... I totally didn't know about these being online.

I, still unaware(actually, I was aware... I just didn't really believe it could last) of legos obvious slip after 1996, bought that 1997 idea book and was highly dissapointed. Seeing my friends copies of the 1990 and 1980's ones made me think this would inspire me. The 1997 one sucked. Besides that Town Semi-Truck(which was alright), the rest was very weak.

The Islanders boat is ridiculous, and that little Imperial Armada fortress is very crappy and inefficiently built. It doesn't have grace that most other lego idea books have. That is the problem with most of that 1997 one.

But the 1990 one! Wow! My friends copy was damaged and didn't have the Pirates stuff! That Imperial Fortress thing is awesome! Alot of people may think its stupid, but I like all the of lego designs more than massive realistic castles/forts. So I think that thing is awesome and I am inspired to go build my own now(isn't that what lego ideas books are supposed to do?? :-D ) I also like the Carribean Clipper and Black Seas Barracuda conversions, although not as much as their base models.

And that CASTLE section! (of the 1990 one) WOW!!! I love it! (I remember seeing that)

Does lego even make idea books anymore?

1) I've been looking through the images and have come to the conclusion that the first is ok,

2) but the second is just silly.

1) AAHHH! I'm melting! The 90s one inspired me beyond belief. I probably wouldn't be building Lego today with out it!!! Those castles (drools). Someone on cc/lugnet was rebuilding sections of the castle pics a while ago.

2) right! Though the background on the pirate pg is neat...

God Bless,

Nathan

Those castles (drools). Someone on cc/lugnet was rebuilding sections of the castle pics a while ago.

:oo

Norro... Where have you seen this!!! I must see this!!!

I can't find the link.. someone with more skill in searches needs to interrogate Lugnet and CC...

God Bless,

Nathan

Someone must find these! I found someone who did all of the Castle Theme Ideas from the Idea book but it was from the mid 80's, so it was all yellow(Still very nice, but not as nice as the 1990 ones!)

Someone must find these! I found someone who did all of the Castle Theme Ideas from the Idea book but it was from the mid 80's, so it was all yellow(Still very nice, but not as nice as the 1990 ones!)

are you refering to the idea book no6000, my most favourite lego set ever? that's the book with the yellow castle:

http://www.peeron.com/scans/6000-1/75

this one is from 1980

or are you refering to this:

http://www.peeron.com/scans/200-4/44

as a kid, i've tried to build both, i was not very successful... i didn't have grey castles... :() *sing*

wow! that second one is pretty cool too, but the one I saw built was the 1980 book you showed me, with the yellow castle and red doors.

Is that castle white or light grey? There were no white castles in the Castle Theme which is a pitty really because it makes white castles walls rarer and more expensive for me!

are you refering to the idea book no6000, my most favourite lego set ever? that's the book with the yellow castle:

http://www.peeron.com/scans/6000-1/75

this one is from 1980

or are you refering to this:

http://www.peeron.com/scans/200-4/44

as a kid, i've tried to build both, i was not very successful... i didn't have grey castles... :() *sing*

Neither. But great links all the same!

God Bless,

Nathan

hm... i don't know of an idea book with a yellow castle except for this one... *wacko*