SyncMaster

SWL Graphs

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hi, I'm a new time poster, long time observer.

I know there's been some talk about the price of LEGOs increasing, especially the price per piece. I was curious enough to run the numbers for the past 10 years and came up with these graphs. I found much of the information to be very interesting. I never before really realized how much of what was being released each year.

Here are the graphs, let me know what you think.

StarWarsLegoGraphs.pdf

Interesting, but do these include the 10xxx exclusive sets? If so, the data would be distorted by the fact that we don't know what else is planned for 09. The 07 and 08 spikes I guess would be caused by the UCS MF and the Death Star.

It would be interesting to see how many *unique* minifigs were produced each year as I assume battle packs and droid multiples in things like the MTT would skew the average numbers after 07.

And welcome! This is a great first post.

This is the data I used in constructing those graphs.

SWLDataSheet.pdf

Most was obtained through Brickset. The new product information was obtained from information released at Toy Fair '09.

Some of the information I could not get a hold of, so I inserted what I believed to be reasonable. (Some prices and the piece count on Home One.)

It does intrigue me to know when unique figures were released and if that had any correlation to price points.

Maybe if I can find some spare time I'll pool the data together and give it a shot.

Ah, I bet the price per piece was lowered heavily in 2006 because of the ISD. Wait, did you use the $100 price for the ISD, or the original price?

EDIT: Welcome to EuroBricks! Thanks for the info. :classic:

Edited by ILikePi

Hi, I'm a new time poster, long time observer.

I know there's been some talk about the price of LEGOs increasing, especially the price per piece. I was curious enough to run the numbers for the past 10 years and came up with these graphs. I found much of the information to be very interesting. I never before really realized how much of what was being released each year.

Here are the graphs, let me know what you think.

StarWarsLegoGraphs.pdf

Thanks for showing us and gathering the information and welcome to Eurobricks!

I agree with Skipper 24. However, I never realized that we got such a value in 2006, or that there were more sets than the other years. That was interesting, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

That's some interesting data you've got there. Thanks for taking the time to compile it. Price per piece is going up... not good...

That is very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

The price is going up as the minifigs per set do. :cry_sad::thumbdown:

JD

How long did it take you to gather this information?

Only a few hours.

I originally gathered the information so I could catalog my collection (I was curious how much $ I've spent over the years). But my curiosity grew and I did the math to find out what TLC has been giving us each year. I'm not one for staring at a page full of numbers, so I made those graphs.

Wow. Thanks for this! :thumbup:

Good work. Really intresting to look at these. It's great to see. Thanks!