der seb

Exclusive Train 10194 Emerald Night (Exclusive 2009)

Fake. But it would be nice to see something like that in the stores... :hmpf_bad:

Wrong. :tongue:

I'm guessing this is the real thing :wink:

Set number 7199 (I guess the pics are preliminary so aren't posted here yet, but if you search the set number on flickr, you just might find some pics).

Damn' there are so many new sets to come that I missed this one. Thanks for the information (BTW I found some good pics on Brickshelf).

Back to the Emerald I think it's fake, because of the wheels. But there are the tan windows?! Could be painted?

Or does TLC used some BBB wheels for prototyping???

That makes a lot of ???

If it's a fake set, the guy who made it is smart :wink:

Thank you very much for that information, legomilk! :sweet:

Around 110 Euros?! :oh: - That's really expensive! :sad:

Firstly I of course decided to buy this set. But now I don't know. :sceptic:

I mean: 110 Euros for an engine, a tender, one passenger waggon and three minifigs - that's really a lot of money! Plus you have to think about that you have to buy the tracks, the motor, the RC and the battery extra! Then you surely have to buy 200 Euros - if not more - for one train which only has one passenger waggon! That's usury! :angry:

If I'm right and it will become that expensive like mentioned above I surely won't buy this set - there even the :wub: design doesn't help!

And if TLG does not release a passenger waggon seperately I won't buy it, too, independant how expensive this :wub: train is since it really would looks totally unrealistic to have a that large engine and then only one passenger waggon. :sceptic:

So let's see and hope that we'll get a seperate aivalable passenger waggon and cheap tracks, motors, RCs and batteries!

Klaus-Dieter

I don't feel it's that expensive. A set of 1000+ pieces is normally +/- €100, and this set will probally include a motor and wires... I was expecting €100-€110.

Dr. Brick

Back to the Emerald I think it's fake, because of the wheels. But there are the tan windows?! Could be painted?

It gives that windows in tan. Look at the catalogs on the city theme an you can see in the backround many of them

Hi

at 1000steine.de a new member has shown us a pic of a possibly new set: 10194 - Emerald Night

What do you think? Is it worth the hope or just a good fake?

things for or against a fake:

- the tan train windows 1 x 4 x 3

- new parts (specially the BBB-wheels)

Sebastian

Thank you for posting Sebastian!

I certainly hope it's real, I would suspect to reduce purchase price there will be no track, motor, track, or remote. From the number in could be a "Factory" set, but I suspect more of a online exclusive from S&H.

Very curious about the blog found by paksu with part numbers for flex track, remote, and etc... could this mean production runs are underway? Sadly no part numbers for basic curve, straight, or swith points... will the current RC track be used?Which is just as curious and well and leaves me asking the question like others if this is real or not

Ralph

I still don't understand how this felx-track has anything to do with the Emerald. Although it could have been in that web page that was in a language I don't understand...

Wrong. :tongue:

I'm guessing this is the real thing :wink:

Don't any of you get this? :hmpf_bad: Its pretty obvious that KimT is saying something here.......and I get it. :wink:

I still don't understand how this felx-track has anything to do with the Emerald. Although it could have been in that web page that was in a language I don't understand...

i guess cause these tracks are yet unreleased and new, so this set here pretty much cannot be a fake, cause nobody could have these tracks already.

The more i read the posts, the more i'm starting being convinced about the set being real. I just hope that we still haven't seen the whole package.

Don't any of you get this? :hmpf_bad: Its pretty obvious that KimT is saying something here.......and I get it. :wink:

Hmmm...one more evidence...

Actually, this topic reminds me of one i stumbled upon yesterday, having to do with the new pirate minifigs and the rumours surrounding the release of the pirate theme.

Almost the same thrilling "sherlock-holmish" atmosphere and anticipation.

The flex-track is a new type of rails for the trains to drive on, mate. :wink: (Which to many trainheads is a blessing!)

The flex-track is a new type of rails for the trains to drive on, mate. :wink: (Which to many trainheads is a blessing!)

Indeed, if the flex track is real :cry_happy: a whole new world of track geometry is coming!

Ralph

I think its real, because the newly announced AT-OT is 10195, so they skipped a number. Why else would they do that unless another set was already in development? That set is THE EMERALD NIGHT.

This is real. No question. I'm one hundred percent sure.

Damn' there are so many new sets to come that I missed this one. Thanks for the information (BTW I found some good pics on Brickshelf).

Or does TLC used some BBB wheels for prototyping???

That makes a lot of ???

If it's a fake set, the guy who made it is smart :wink:

In the latest issue ( #5 ) of RailBricks, Ben Fleskes, creator of BBB Wheels, says this:

"It would be a sincere honor to have LEGO choose to distribute Big Ben Bricks train wheels. In terms of

official correspondence on the topic, I can't say any more."

My interpretation of the words "...I can't say any more." is that there is already a deal in place to supply the wheels to Lego. I hope I am correct in this, because this would seem to indicate that the "Emerald Night" would be the first set to feature the wheels. In this case, I tend to believe that this is a real set, and NOT a fake.

My interpretation of the words "...I can't say any more." is that there is already a deal in place to supply the wheels to Lego. I hope I am correct in this, because this would seem to indicate that the "Emerald Night" would be the first set to feature the wheels. In this case, I tend to believe that this is a real set, and NOT a fake.

Clever...

Thank you very much for this information, Buttons! :sweet:

I don't feel it's that expensive. A set of 1000+ pieces is normally +/- €100, and this set will probally include a motor and wires... I was expecting €100-€110.

Dr. Brick

You're right, Dr. Brick.

If there is a motor inluded in this set then about 110 Euros would be ok, that's right. But since TLG is going to release a motor seperately it's unlikely that there'll be one included in the Emerald Night set. :sceptic:

Klaus-Dieter

After reading through the entire thread, I must admit I believe the set to be real. Especially seeing as how LEGO kept 10195 under the tightest lips. If this is indeed the real deal, although I've given up on my dream of building a city/train layout, I'd pick this up because it reminds me of a locomotive on display at the Smithsonian Museum of American History in Washington D.C. (check out the pic I took for comparison):

post-2834-1234780186.jpg

Edited by -=Skywalker=-

I think its real - if you look at the photo, the side of the boiler looks to be curved, due to the way the light falls on it. However, TLG have a history of photoshopping their pics with some 'interesting' effects to make perfectly flat surfaces look curved, e.g. Ferrari Spider on Bricklink - the side wall is vertical, not curved, despite how this picture looks - is the same thing going on here? If so, it would fit in with the way that TLG set their pics up.

Of course, it could well be real and it could well be curvy - I hope so on both counts!

cheers,

timbutnice

I think its real - if you look at the photo, the side of the boiler looks to be curved, due to the way the light falls on it. However, TLG have a history of photoshopping their pics with some 'interesting' effects to make perfectly flat surfaces look curved, e.g. Ferrari Spider on Bricklink - the side wall is vertical, not curved, despite how this picture looks - is the same thing going on here? If so, it would fit in with the way that TLG set their pics up.

Of course, it could well be real and it could well be curvy - I hope so on both counts!

cheers,

timbutnice

If you look at where the boiler meets the cab, you can see that it isn't just a photoshop lighting effect (or sticker). However, I suspect the vertical stripes are stickers - presumably the boiler is SNOT with 4x4 curved panels (assuming front dish is 8x8 and the train is wider to fit on "flexible" track)?

EDIT, actually if you look at the carriage, it too appears to be 8 wide, notwithstanding the fact that it seems to have a proper train base (8 wide too?!)

If this is real, it may be pretty monumental.

Edited by brickzone

Ah, yes, AgentRick57 it does look like that is the piece. I searched for it myself, but having only found the 8-wide airplane hull (the curve looked wrong on it) I had changed my mind in favour of SNOT and the curved panels. However, that piece you've linked to does look like a possibility - especially if the train is six wide.

After reading through the entire thread, I must admit I believe the set to be real. Especially seeing as how LEGO kept 10195 under the tightest lips. If this is indeed the real deal, although I've given up on my dream of building a city/train layout, I'd pick this up because it reminds me of a locomotive on display at the Smithsonian Museum of American History in Washington D.C. (check out the pic I took for comparison):

post-2834-1234780186.jpg

thanks for sharing but with 2 hours cheaking i can con ferm that it most certanly is the flying scotsman the main one is what does it say on the tender (lnerhttp://www.lner.info/).(if some people didnt know we british like to name our trains over a spot of tea) thanks any way

cb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LNER_Class_A3...Flying_Scotsman

Edited by crabboy329