TLV

My modified imperial flagship

thindexedgif.gif 78a

Hi guys, I'm relatively new to eurobricks, and I've been posting quite frequently in the pirate forums, so I'd thought I'll show everyone a ship of mine.

Today I'd like to show my modified imperial flagship. I've had it since I was a child. To date, it is still complete, but the white pieces were horribly yellowed so I replaced there with red bricks. I also made the cannons on the ship rotatable and that it can fight ships on both sides and added a figurehead to the bow.

3290098216_0752107c00.jpg

The ship's bow with its figurehead.

3290098262_32a5806ed2.jpg

The ships stern. Its essentially identical to the imperial flagship, except for the colors and the decorative flower.

3289279531_fda7cf6803.jpg

A shot of the interior.

3289279507_cc6c259037.jpg

The ship's crew.

3290098282_f8b8daaedc.jpg

A shot of the crew and ship in action.

3290098386_a117dd6d5d.jpg

Finally a shot of imperial flagship with BSB for size comparison.

3289279595_77b68aceeb.jpg

cheers!

Edited by SlyOwl

I must say I like it! Well done for the first ship. :thumbup:

You have replaced the yellowed white bricks by red bricks, a good choice because it looks awesome now.

The stern is my favorite part, the flower is a very nice decoration in here and the colours are great. I also like the added figurehead.

The ship has a nice crew too. :pir-wink:

One suggestion: Clean the ship up a bit, it's quite dusty. :pir-devil:

I think dust and little brothers are the greatest enemies for Lego!

Thanks for the kind words Cap'n Blackmoor! I'll give the ship a good clean if I have the time. I'll let you in on a little secret though, I am the little brother :laugh: ! Sadly my older brother is not that interested in lego anymore and I'm the one taking care of our childhood collection.

Hehe, then I'll share a secret as well. I got two younger brothers and they defenitely don't like LEGO. In the past we all got Pirate sets for our birthday and so on, but since they don't like LEGO anymore (and I still do!) I have all their sets and bricks now. :pir-skull:

I still don't understand why my brothers don't like LEGO anymore... :pir_laugh2:

Very nicely done, the red looks nise as aopposed to the blue and the figurehead and stairs in the back are a nice addition as well.

:thumbup:

I never did get the window in the stern though, as there isn't really a cabin.

Since you made the walls a bit higher, i think it would be possible to make a small cabin, figs may not be able to stand straight in it, but it could look really nice.

There are some mighty fine additions indeed! I like the red color and the stairs.

I agree with Greeny though- why did the IFS have a window in the stern?

Maybe instead you could remove the window in favor of a "chaser" cannon!

Hehe, then I'll share a secret as well. I got two younger brothers and they defenitely don't like LEGO. In the past we all got Pirate sets for our birthday and so on, but since they don't like LEGO anymore (and I still do!) I have all their sets and bricks now.

Same here! We used to build castles together. Now I play and build alone... =(

I never did get the window in the stern though, as there isn't really a cabin.

Since you made the walls a bit higher, i think it would be possible to make a small cabin, figs may not be able to stand straight in it, but it could look really nice.

I agree with Greeny though- why did the IFS have a window in the stern?

Maybe instead you could remove the window in favor of a "chaser" cannon!

I find the design pretty weird too. I'll be sure to work on redesigning the cabin in the future, but right now I'm running really short of red bricks. Besides, I'm leaving for overseas studies soon and I'll be seperated from my lego collection for almost a year.

Thanks for all the comments by the way, you've all been so kind and helpful!

Well done for the first ship... my respect !!!

The only think you maybe must look out for is the colour scheme.

Gray and red is a trick combination... sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad.

Most of the times it gives a dark look... if you understand what I mean.

Maybe bring a lighter colour in to play - like white.

And use it over the ship in some parts to create a ballance between all the colours.

Edited by Capt. Kirk

Well done for the first ship... my respect !!!

The only think you maybe must look out for is the colour scheme.

Gray and red is a trick combination... sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad.

Most of the times it gives a dark look... if you understand what I mean.

Maybe bring a lighter colour in to play - like white.

And use it over the ship in some parts to create a ballance between all the colours.

Thanks for the advice. I'll take it into consideration when I rebuild the ship. I choose red because that was the only color I had enough pieces to rebuilt the ship in. All the original white pieces are very yellowed.

Yes the above advise is very useful but still it is a very nice modified ship :thumbup: .

I really like the figurehead on your modified Imperial Flagship. The red knight really fits it well. The size comparison to the BSB is still really small. But great job!

LegoKing