FB Boleg

David Beckham

With a false tits ? -_-

Anyway great work and nice website also ! Flash is well used in yours

he he... :loul:

doubleT hasn't got it, because thats not the way he thinks... he NEVER talks about women... :P :loul: :devil:

No I red in a french magasine that she used false plastic tits for people to look at her. But I have no way to confirm or infirm :loul:

Dont worry I did get it lol

And I know its hard job, but somebody has to do it... Ill do for you guys... Ill tjeck if Jipay is correct........

And Poor FB Boleg, he made an Beckham masterpiece, but we talk about Victoria.... So all (mostly Apo :P ) Back to topic ;)

Apo not Apu, he's not Alladin's monkey ! I agree on the fact that the mosaics are incredible, I can't recall seeing such nice things. I wonder if they use kind of a computer programm to find out where to put the pieces

I also want to know if posible what kind of program you used to create those amazing 3d rendered movies !

So many questions! I'll try to answer them below.

Beckham mosaic size - 5 large baseplates wide 1920mm (6' 4") x 2 large baseplates high 768mm (2' 6").

We did try to do a Victoria in an Andy Warhol pop art style but it didn't really work. In the end we used this style to do "Two Little Boys"; see below:-

ampics09.jpg

Most of the work for the mosaics is done in Photoshop. The most important thing to do is to make sure that you are 100% happy with your image before you start building.

The movies are usually made with 3d Studio Max, although there is one being published later today that has been made using flash.

You should be able to build Victoria in the Syrups section of our website shortly - we'll include her in build-a-celebrity.

Thanks for all your interest.

FB Boleg

www.bolegbros.co.uk

Your are welcome, your website deserve interest, you are doing a great work. Considering 3dS max one more question : how do you export your mlcad files into 3dsmax ? cause I know it can only export ldraw files or mlcad files. So how do you convert your models into .3ds files ?

Thanks in advance and many thanks for all your answers ! a 2 meters mosaic... damn that's huge !

Beckham is not as big as this one; this truck is more than 3 metres wide!

ampics08.jpg

jipay - to answer your questions ref 3d - my brother, Mike H (see below), does most of this and he drew the original minifig straight into 3d Studio Max. Subsequently, he has discovered LeoCad and does export some parts from that, although there are some problems. Here are his brief musings on the subject:-

mikehboleg.jpg

"You export the file with the extension .3ds. When you import the file into 3ds max you may find that some of the faces are the wrong way round (basically it will look as though you have holes in your model). To correct this click on the model, go to the geometry rollout, in the selection section click on element, your model will turn red, scroll down the list until you get to surface properties, Normals: and click unify. This should leave you with a complete model".

Hope this makes some sense

Regards

FB Boleg

www.bolegbros.co.uk

PS Mike H has added a new syrup - go with the flow - so it should be possible to draw Victoria!

Cool, mosaics are so great how they all fit together and look so good from far away.

David Beckham looks good but he is not to popular in the Uk at the moment for some reasons <_< *cough* that penalty!

I would like to see more of your work, I love the two little boys! Rolf Harris, what a guy!

Jon.

a little question:

why do you use the 2x2 bricks/plates instead of 1x1 parts? the mosaic would more smoother... is there any reason for it? (better availability, less work (:P),...)

but nonetheless excellent work!!!

Apo, in answer to your question - the main reason for trying out 2x2 bricks is that far more colours are available. Donny has 16 different colours, and Michael 14; not all of these colours are available in 1x1 (bricks or plates) or are extremely rare (and expensive). What we found was that close up, the images were just a mess of colours (particularly Michael, see below) but as you moved away from the image it started to reveal itself. We thought this was kinda cool, and maybe proved that the adage "less is more" may well be true.

ampics04.jpg

Regards

FB

Every post you do here is revealing amazing work to our eyes. What are your next amazing projects ? A life sized ginger alliwel mosaic ? :wub:

It's nice to see how you took in consideration the color problem. I agree with you, from a certain distance, we won't notice the use use of 2X2

Can't you create another color by mixing 1X1 plates ?

For instance, making a square with 2 1X1 yellow and 2 1X1 red create a pixel that is orange from a reasonnable distance :)