Sign in to follow this  
Derek

Problem with "Remember Me" function?

For a few days, I have came to the Eurobricks homepage, and found that the "Remember Me" function isn't working. When I go to log in, the box is ticked, but it does not work. Is this a system wide problem, or just my computer?

Thank you!

-darthperson

It's working fine for me. I do remember though, that about 2 months ago (and for a while before that), I wouldn't be logged in when I went to the frontpage, but when I clicked forums, it automatically logged me in. Basically I just couldn't see new PMs from the frontpage.

Same problem with me. It's a server problem, like Phpbb.

It's a server problem, like Phpbb.

No it's not! It's a local issue, generally caused by cookie confusion of the users browser. Let me assure you that I have never had this problem on EB. Clear your EB cookies and the problem is often fixed. How does one to this? Here is a site that offers advice, but sometimes pressing this...

cookies.gif

...does the trick. (It's on the main page near the bottom.) Remember to re-start the browser afterwards and good luck!

Oky, so I log in. An hour later, it logs me off. WTF? I log back in, click on "add reply", type in my message, and it says I have to log back in! I've tried everything, from clicking remember me, to deleting board cookies, to using other internet hosts, it just doesn't work. Any suggestions?

I realised now I'm having issues with logging in. I never reset my cookies when the site moved some time ago, and since then I have been logging in every time I came to the site. Now, its kinda random. Like this morning, I went onto EB, and I was already logged in. Its not a problem, just starting to give me false hope that it may happen again :grin:

On my laptop, if I visit the frontpage by any means other than link inside the forum, I am magically logged out!

All I can say is to make sure all cookies are cleaned. You can find the procedures for clearing cookies of all browser-types on this website.

Also clicking here (on the main page near the bottom) might do the trick:

cookies.gif

Afterwards, always restart your browser!

Beside this there's nothing I could think of to solve login problems. I'm a lot on EBs with many PC's using different browsers (IE and Firefox) and never have any problems.

All I can say is to make sure all cookies are cleaned. You can find the procedures for clearing cookies of all browser-types on this website.

Also clicking here (on the main page near the bottom) might do the trick:

cookies.gif

Afterwards, always restart your browser!

Beside this there's nothing I could think of to solve login problems. I'm a lot on EBs with many PC's using different browsers (IE and Firefox) and never have any problems.

Okay I did that and it did the absolute opposite of everything. :cry_sad:

Okay I did that and it did the absolute opposite of everything. :cry_sad:

You mean hot snow is falling up and hamburgers are eating people? *huh*

I've tried everything. I've pressed the delete cookies, I've gone into Preferences and removed all cookies, I've ticked the Remember Me box. Still it won't keep me logged in. BZP and Yahoo I have no problems, it's just EB that keeps logging me out. This is really starting to tick me off. :laugh: Is there anything I can do to keep myself logged in?