Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

The Royal Visit - Lady Bird Book

Does anybody have any of those Pirate LEGO Lady Bird books?

I have Adventure on Shark Island and Will and the Gold Chase.

I've just found an Royal Visit and its only available to the UK. SO I MISS OUT!!! But if anyone else in the UK is interested, well you know what to do. You lucky sods!

I never knew these existed! What are the others like?!

God Bless,

Nathan

A bit childish actually, but still being a collector of pirate LEGOish possession I must have them ALL! Since you're in the UK Mr Norro, you could be the proud owner of this book. Its quite rare and I this is the first I've ever seen up for auction - ever! It rarer than 6269 Shipwrecked, which I see from time to time. So I recommend you get this at all costs!

How many of these books are there in total?

Is there any place you can see their scans, just like the ones of that first Lego pirate comic book?

Is there any place you can see their scans, just like the ones of that first Lego pirate comic book?

this is what I would like to know...

God Bless,

Nathan

There are four:

1. Will and the Gold Chase

2. Captain Roger's Birthday

3. Adventure on Shark Island

4. The Royal Visit

If only my scanner worked...

There are four:

1. Will and the Gold Chase

2. Captain Roger's Birthday

3. Adventure on Shark Island

4. The Royal Visit

If only my scanner worked...

Could you summarize the plots (if that isn't a pain) it would be very helpful for an idea I'm playing around with...

Thanks and God Bless,

Nathan

Errrr... That would require me to read them! I don't know how to read!

Wait minute. Why am I responding then? Dammit! I've been caught out. Ok, I'll have a read of them when I get round to it. I should really finish of my Tax Return since it has to been done by next week...

Do these comics prove that the bluecoats are supposed to be French?! I think they may...

These aren't comics, they are childrens books. The comic series is something completely different.

I made a thread about the comic series ages ago, so check out the 6255 Pirate Comic thread.

There isn't much discussion there at the moment but from reading the first one I can tell you there is non mention of any affiliation for the blue coats. Only de Martinet, Broadside's second in command is the only remote reference to anything French.

I was going to say that its the best we got so far... but the name Broadside certainly isn't French... and since they are speaking in English, this one is still completely up in the air...

I'd really like to ask the lego designers what they had in mind for this! Has anyone tried e-mailing?

P.S. I got myself 5 Imperial Armada guys, including 3 with those shiny breastplates(as part of a sweeet deal with a Skulls Eye Schooner) and I have one just like your avatar. He is fighting pirates on the Skulls Eye Schooner until I get my real crew on that thing...

That sounds like quite a good deal! Where did you get these fellows from?

How would you Email the LEGO designers that worked on the pirate theme? They might not be working for LEGO anymore so that would make it really difficult.

The reason I hope both blue coats and red coats are British is it gives the opportunity for a whole new French sub-theme. But if the blue coats are indeed French It kinda removes that option...

Well couldn't we just do a general Product Inquiry? Say we picked up some lego from a friend and we are wondering whats the point of having Blue and Red guys... just ask which nations they are supposed to represent...

There must be someone working there who was with Lego in the 1980's/1990's

Mister phes, you mention set 6269. What is this?!! I've never heard of it before. Was it an official set or a custom creation? Does anyone have any pictures or info?