Aliencat

MOC: Mindcorp Building

indexed.gif B-OM-6D

Here's a new one, the Mindcorp Building:

One of the more expensive buildings in the city was recently taken over by a company named Mindcorp. No more than two weeks after the takeover, Mindcorp already managed to get the building registered with the city as an official landmark under the name The Mindcorp Building.

No one really knows what goes on inside the Mindcorp Building, not even Mindcorp's own employees. It seems the building is always full of customers though.

thumb1-2.jpg

(click to enlarge)

The shape of the building does allow for two other buildings (following the Café Corner Modular Standard) to be coupled on to the back, so basically two streets can be created in a V-shape.

thumb2-2.jpg

(click to enlarge)

And here are some of Mindcorp's employees... Or customers, I really don't have a clue:

thumb3-2.jpg

(click to enlarge)

MOCpage for detail photos.

Edited by Phred

Wow :oh: your mindcorp building looks heaps cool, how did you get it to curve on the corner so well?

You are a very tallented builder Aliencat, and I look up to you and your skills with the brick.

Just a suggestion as I don't believe that there re too many around, why not try constructing a modular railway station?

Anyway, I look foward to seeing a big city layout with all these MOCs together. :grin:

Now that is just brilliant!

Mindcorp looks as fantastic as any of the other buildings, Aliencat! Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

How could I miss this fantastic buildings? :cry_happy:

Most excellent work, aliencat!

The last years buildings were great, but your Mindcorp Building really beats all.

I´m speechless.

I sure will use some of your building techniques in upcoming modular houses of mine. You are a fantastic source of inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing your work here! :wub:

Aliencat, your buildings are gorgeous! I´d wish I had the bricks neccessary for building such wonderful houses, I´m afraid I really have to finally spend some big bucks on bricklink... :tongue:

Aliencat, your creations are amazing. I'm afraid people won't see them all if they are all placed in one topic. Would you mind if I put the mindcorp building in a separate topic? It's just too good to leave lost in the middle of the thread. Please? :cry_sad: No need to do anything special, I can just separate it, but I'd like your permission first.

Aliencat, your creations are amazing. I'm afraid people won't see them all if they are all placed in one topic. Would you mind if I put the mindcorp building in a separate topic? It's just too good to leave lost in the middle of the thread. Please? :cry_sad: No need to do anything special, I can just separate it, but I'd like your permission first.

Be my guest, Hinckley! :D

Thanks for the praise, and thanks to all for the great comments :)

Nice MOC, you certainly have a way with bricks. Your Crusader Fort of Herenbosch is one of the best castle MOCs I've seen. Do you plan to add on to this flatiron style building? IMHO, a city streetscape with more buildings around it would enhance the appeal and detail of this great creation. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Thanks, keetong.

The trick is when you look at the floorplan:

I can understand how the hinge plates are working at the front. But what about the join at the back end? What geomerty allows that to fit perfectly? Or was it just trial and error.

A fantastic creation, very creative and original and simply ingenious too! :thumbup:

The facade work´s just beautiful and the interior looks also very interesting.

A great MOC... mhmm, lol noodles... I would give that a try for sure... :tongue:

Thanks a lot for the comments :D

I can understand how the hinge plates are working at the front. But what about the join at the back end? What geomerty allows that to fit perfectly? Or was it just trial and error.

Yep, trial and error, I just tried different lengths of beams for the two sides until it fit, and then took it from there. Just had to make sure the back end would fit with Café Corner Modular Standard buildings.

Again I am left speechless at your creations!

Cpt. Zuloo, you are train station obsessed! :tongue:

Back on topic. I love this technique. I find it hard enough building with 90* or 45* let alone this angle!

Regards, Cpt. PB

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

Great job, Aliencat! Nice new tag and title too, well deserved. :sweet:

I fully intend to steal that corner base technique, so count on seeing it somewhere eventually. :grin:

I can just separate it, but I'd like your permission first.

And I can just fix the blog link at Classic-Town.net to reflect the new thread. :tongue:

I finally took the time to look through the brickshelf folder and I am in awe. The whole building is great, but the third story is a thing of beauty. I'm always impressed with interesting rooflines, and it really deserves a shot from every angle. Nice streetlights also.

I know I'm looking at a good MOC, when it makes me think that maybe it's time to go back and rebuild all of my buildings...

This is just fantastic!

Congratulations Aliencat! The building is amazing! The colours, the roof details, the modularity, the curved floor :oh: (extra praise just for that, it's just genius!), all sum up to an absolutely fantastic MOC!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, keetong.

The trick is when you look at the floorplan:

mindwip1.jpg

Upside down:

mindwip2.jpg

This is really ingenious.

Been looking at all your incredible MOCs for a while, but still don't know if I love you or hate you... :classic:

This is really ingenious.

Been looking at all your incredible MOCs for a while, but still don't know if I love you or hate you... :classic:

ahh Legoist...

You just gotta love our (Alien)cat for all his great MOCs. :wink:

WOW!!! that is the best modular building ever. so detailed! do you have the other modular buildings? if you do can you show them attached to this? good job :thumbup:

Everything is so well done here!

The details on the building are lovely but I love the curve of the corner even more, the build is just so ingenious!

Tan is a rather tricky color to me as it can easily make things look boring, you make very good use of it and the building looks very attractive :thumbup: .

:oh::wub:

What a great moc, a pure piece of beauty!

The size is pretty good (not too big, not too small, the kind of size I like a lot!), the colour scheme classic is a classic but always work very well and some very nice details everywhere!

The top of the roof has a lot of details that add a lot to the moc, adding a mess in a more strict architecture (roofs are the place to put all the technical parts without being seen from the street).

And of course, the angle of the tan building gives all its spell th this lovely moc!

Great work Aliencat!