Aleksandar

Republic Attack Gunship or AT-TE

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I am curiose to know which vehicle the majority of you think is better.

My point of view is the Gunship looks cooler and more colorful while the AT-TE has more playibility, but I want to know what you all think.

I would go for the Gunship, since I decided to expand my Pirates collection with a second theme: Star Wars!

And IMHO it would go better with minifigs fighting and flying and jumping out...you get the point :laugh:

I am curiose to know which vehicle the majority of you think is better.

My point of view is the Gunship looks cooler and more colorful while the AT-TE has more playibility, but I want to know what you all think.

Both have a nice collection of figures, but personally I think the AT-TE is a better set. I would suggest getting a smaller Separatist set to combat your Republic set.

Well I haven't got the AT-TE (yet, I probably will to go whit the new LAAT/c), but I think the AT-TE probably has more playability because it is a ground vehicle. However the RGS has more unique/rare figs. So it depends whether or want the set for the figs or playability. I got the RGS because I like the design better too. (it has less gaping hoples in :tongue: )

For something for your shelf, the AT-TE is much better. It's just a great looking beast, especially if you have an AT-AP to go with it. But, its legs don't do much, and the insides are bare. From the outside, A+.

The Republic Gunship is amazing too, it has a little speeder inside, doors you can open, and great mini-figs, especially Plo Koon and Asa Ventress. It's heavy, so not so easy to swoosh around though.

I bought them both, but I'm an adult with a job so it wasn't so difficult. I bought the AT-TE first. Maybe I like it better.

Edited by def

Or just wait 6 months and get the Dropship with AT-OT set, which gives you essentially stripped down and modified versions of both.

Would definately go with the RAGS because it has more playability(if thats what your into.)

Lets break it down:

AT-TE

-one unique fig(Rex)

-pretty much a skeleton

-very hard to "walk"

-repetetive build(ugh legs)

RAGS:

-3 Unique figs(not counting Obi b/c hes in the Pirate Tank)

-opening bay doors

-speeder bike

-more features than the AT-TE

Thats just my input.

The question of "either..or..." is hard to answer.

Personally I like both almost evenly.

The AT-TE is a strong ground vehicle with a neat design.

It has a few flaws and some open gaps, but nothing that'll make me reconsider ever buying it.

The RGS is a near perfect craft with so many MOD-possibilities, the fact that we've gotten alternate noseprints and the cool colourscheme even stronges the greatness. It has the same design flaws in being open as the AT-TE.

I can't really choose between them, since they're totally different in use.

A ground vehicle versus an aircraft...it all depends on what you'll use them for.

If I were to swoosh either, then it'll be the RGS.

But if I were to fight it out on the ground, blasting droids all over the place, then I'd pick the AT-TE.

Now don't make me choose between the AT-AT and the AT-TE, because then the classic would win anytime :laugh:

Or just wait 6 months and get the Dropship with AT-OT set, which gives you essentially stripped down and modified versions of both.

6 months?, the AT-OT is out next month.

Personally i prefer the AT-TE as my RAG is in a box in pieces, its way too fragile, i cant believe you can carry the LAAT with the AT-OT, and the AT-TE has Rex, Cody really doesnt do anything in the CW, and Plo with the rubber heard looks retarded, and as always they give the wrong stuff with the RAG, Cody only has the small visor, no Kama or pauldron, and one weapon.

I would put my money on the RAGS, in my opinion it is a more exciting set.

The build is much less repetitive and if you like swooshing your ships then it is certainly easier to do with the RAGS.

On display I think the RAGS is more impressive than the AT-TE however I suggest building some sort of platform to elevate the gunship or else it just does not look as nice.

Fig-wise I would still give the edge to the gunship, Plo Koon is too excellent to pass up, but it really should have had a pilot included.

Thank you everyone who has responded so far. :thumbup:

My biggest factors are

1. Blowing up droids in intense battles :tongue:

2. How it would look on display

3. If it's sturdy or fragile

4. What its like building it

I know those are pretty much everyones factors but if you could respond to those that would be great. :pirate:

Keep responding thanks!

I would decide on movability due to animating. The AT-TE is easier to animate, but it is hard to get the leg movement sequence right. The RGS is easy. Just put it slap bang in front of a green screen, fim it and add the background. :thumbup:

Playability-AT-TE

Swooshiness-RGS

Coolness-RGS

Power-AT-TE

Fragile-RGS

Based on that, they both are awesome. So, my post meant nothing. They both kick m@g£%&*?@ anyway. :laugh:

JD

I would decide on movability due to animating. The AT-TE is easier to animate, but it is hard to get the leg movement sequence right. The RGS is easy. Just put it slap bang in front of a green screen, fim it and add the background. :thumbup:

Playability-AT-TE

Swooshiness-RGS

Coolness-RGS

Power-AT-TE

Fragile-RGS

Based on that, they both are awesome. So, my post meant nothing. They both kick m@g£%&*?@ anyway. :laugh:

JD

When you say Fragile do you mean the RGS is or isn't fragile?

I meant easily breakable. If I pick it up in a certain way it just collapses in and falls apart. :hmpf_bad:

JD

I meant easily breakable. If I pick it up in a certain way it just collapses in and falls apart. :hmpf_bad:

JD

Got that right, its actually very hard to swoosh, but it still beats the AT-TE in my opinion because of its versatility, I mean its in every battle (or could be) and is absolutely beautiful !! :wub:

My biggest factors are

1. Blowing up droids in intense battles :tongue:

2. How it would look on display

3. If it's sturdy or fragile

4. What its like building it

I would say, as far as the vehicle itself, the Gunship is better because:

1. You can sit it on top of droids :laugh: ....Or....Use one of many of it's turrets.

2. Mine looks awesome on display, though my AT-TE goes better with the ground troops.

3. My Gunship seems super-sturdy, as to where the AT-TE has kinda floppy legs.

4. Gunship was definitely a more fun build. With the AT-TE, I had to sit it half on and half off the box for balance when building it, mainly because the legs can only be built one at a time.

In the future I believe an RGS is higher in value and in higher demand than the AT-TE because it is the icon of the Republic Fleet. The Republic Gunship was a rather fun build, awesome pieces and figures and has some nice display and playable qualities that make it awesome if you rather be swooshing around ships or dropping off troops in desolate locations. Lego made this a hard choice on purpose, because both Sets are very popular in the Republic fleet, both in the cartoon and movies and both play important hand in hand roles in major battles in the Clone Wars. The Republic Gunship however plays a role in the OT and PT while the AT-TE doesn't.

It is a hard choice but my opinion on if I had to only get the one (I have both and love them equally) is the Gunship. I always wanted one and was more than happy to finally see one (A superior version) make it back on shelves.

The AT-TE is nice, on display and can be fun to play with (not that I really ever tried) but I can imagine doing so in cases or others. The build was like any walker, repetitive, the builder will always want to get to the final product. The Final is very impressive and if you get the Dropship & AT-TO combo then you are set for life.

The AT-TE I would probably have chosen instead if it had more minifigures and clones. But you know, it's too hard of a choice to change someones mind and give them complete confidence.

Another small factor to consider is the price/piece ratio. The AT-TE is a slightly better value at 11 cents per piece compared to about 11.5 cents per piece with the Gunship.

Also, the AT-TE comes with the blue STAP, which is a nice addition.

I've only got the AT-TE myself, but the Gunship looks great as well. Can't go wrong either way.

I think the AT-Te is better because it has more playability(for land battles obviously). The RAG is too heavy to swoosh around. I bought them both anyway though. :tongue: