Sign in to follow this  
Sting

Who IS this guy??

oh my, he was just joking... it was funny roger ;-)

--------------------------------------------------

you know, i've always ask the question that started this thread... who is this guy, REALLY ??? in the trading post he is an independant merchant... but in the schooner he is a pirate.

so what is his place in the LEGO universe ???

maybe he was captured at the post in 1992, and one year later turned to piracy in the skulls eye schooner (1993) :-D

--------------------------------------------------

so, how does everyone else use this fig ??? for me he is a merchant.

- BrickMiner

you know, i've always ask the question that started this thread... who is this guy, REALLY ??? in the trading post he is an independant merchant... but in the schooner he is a pirate.

I have always think he is a pirate in ITP too, but he is in the merchant ship because pirates have stolen the ship...stealing a merchant ship like this is useful to go to ITP without be attacked for being a pirate

Double T, you're hilarious

Here, in my opinion, is a better link to find Steve on Bricklink

I'm glad I already have a Steve. I think this thread has caused his price to skyrocket (in flight, afternoon delight....sorry.)

And his twin brother, Joe

The pirate with the tatooed chest and the one with the white shirt and green vest (see for instance 6232 skeleton crew) can also be easily transformed into Imperial Armada / Spaniards. Their faces look like they are Spanish and skeleton crew has for instance the Spanish helmet included (for the skeleton) that can be switched with the red bandana.

I consider this OK since the Spanish soldier sets always seem to be undermanned in sets such as 6280, 6291 and 6204.

me, who i am from Spain, know the life of the pirate with tatooded chest...he was from Spain and is very famous here.

His name was "Ernesto de la Vega" and was the older of a family of 10 sons/daughers...(7 boys and 3 girls) their parents were very religious and wanted have a priest son...when he was 14 their parents sent him to "la vid", a catholic seminar...but he didn't want to be a priest...he always loved the action and adventures...he tried to scape of that seminar 3 times...but priests catched him and hit him with a stick...One die he noticed about an important priest of Spain called Jose Maria Hernandez was chosen to travel in the Armada Flagship with spaniard conquerors...Jose Maria's mision was evangelize indigo islanders...Our hero, Ernesto de la Vega hit that priest with a metallic cudgel when nobody was near them...then he stole his soutane and tied and gagged him...Jose Maria Hernandez ended his life tied, gagged and hidden in a buried coffer.

Ernesto went to Port Royal of spain wearing his victim's soutane...he said to sailors the following:

-The other priest, Jose Maria hernandez has been dissapeared, i wish the best to his soul...i am Ernesto...the priest who will substitute him.

Commander of spaniards, Don Francisco Iglesias, accept, and Ernesto went to South America in Armada flagship...the watchtower of the spaniard ship saw a pirate ship...and Commander Iglesias ordered escape...that was the ship of feared Redbeard...Ernesto always love action, and pirates, and then he took a gun and killed Commander Iglesias...other soldiers tried to avenge their commander but he threatened to kill the helmsman...and then soldiers couldn't do nothing against Ernesto.

He put a white flag in Armada Flagship and went to Redbeard ship...then he gave spaniards treasure to captain Redbeard and offered himself to work as a pirate...he was working in Red Beard Runner as a fisher and as a cleanliness man...and other pirates tought him to be a great swordman and a good shooter...Ernesto travelled with Redbeard crew around the Caribbean attacking merchant ships, and burying the booty in caribbean islands like Cuba.

Ernesto fell in love with a female pirate of Porto Rico who was travelling in Redbeard Runner...her name was Maria Victoria Diaz...they had a son called Alejandro de la Vega Diaz...who was captain of a spanish pirate ship called "El Gale

Yes, that is the one I am talking about. You seem to know him very well too Captain Roger!

My fathers family is the opposit, 7 girls and 3 boys...

Ernesto de la Vega eh? Family from Zorro perhaps...

Did you use your emagination or is it based on a real story??

i have used my imagination hahaha...about the first part, i think is realistic and it could be thought is based in a real story but i have invented it totally...when i talked about indigo islanders, armada flagship and captain redbeard is obvious is fictional, because i have used LEGO names...about the story of Juan Ignacio de la Vega i think all of you know is totally fictional...what a crazy guy

He's going on for 1.00 on ebay so far. Blue legs though, but easily replaceble for gray ones.

We need to remember a great story teller once wrote...

pi053.jpg

He is Steve...

Steve was born in Liverpool friday march 13th 1701 in Liverpool. He was the youngest of a family of 9 boys and 3 girls. But life was hard in Liverpool, so his dad became an sailor but lost his life in a tragic accident, he feel down from a mast, wile he was trying to catch a segal..... Steves mom could not get a job, so she had to ask people for money, and if the month where hard sell her self..... She died in 1715 when she walked in front of a horse.. Some say it was an iccident, boths say she did it on her own.. she was tired of life, and did not want to see here anoying kids any more..

At the age of 14 Steve was without his parents, but still had some 3 brothers and a sister left... The three brothers and Steve tried to start a music group, but people said that a music group of 4 never would have an chance in Liverpool..

Sadly this was not the end of Steve's tragic life... 2 of his brothers dies in 1724... One of them, his brother Joe, was hit in his head by something called a blattersack, wile playing a game, where people used thir feet.. He died on the spot.. Steve's other brother Peter went crazy, and ran to the Kings castle at Windsor, yelling that they should make somekind of Entertainment Land there..... The Guards killed him on the spot...

Now Steve was left with his brother Felix, and his sister Mary....

Steve went from job to job, being many things like a carpenter, brickbuilder and cleaning toilets. But one morning Mary came running to Steve that she heard of a great job for him..... But tragic hit again, before she could tell Steve what is was, she too was hit by an Horse like her mother.. Her last words where....This is not dandy....

There was nothing to do for Steve, then keep working... And hope that he would get lucky.....

One morning a sailor named Redbeard noticed how great he was at cleaning toilets, so he asked if Steve wanted a job on his ship, and Steve was happy to say yes.. So he ran home to Felix to tell him the great news, only to find that Felix had died of the Plauge...... or Hunger.. nobody really knew...

So there was nothing to do for Steve than join Redbeard on his ship... Where he later proved himself, as a great figher, leader and toilet cleaner...

Steve died in 1767, when he by mistake walked infront of a canon... he was 66 years old.

I reread the story and realised, " wow, steves life must have been terrible".

Of course i know that he proved himself and such, though only being in piracy for 20 years or something, his family has pretty much ended and that he is truly an unlucky guy( to be killed by a canon, ouch)

He is Steve...

Steve was born in Liverpool friday march 13th 1701 in Liverpool. He was the youngest of a family of 9 boys and 3 girls. But life was hard in Liverpool, so his dad became an sailor but lost his life in a tragic accident, he feel down from a mast, wile he was trying to catch a segal..... Steves mom could not get a job, so she had to ask people for money, and if the month where hard sell her self..... She died in 1715 when she walked in front of a horse.. Some say it was an iccident, boths say she did it on her own.. she was tired of life, and did not want to see here anoying kids any more...

Phes, where did you get this story?

;-)

So was his post, if I'm not mistaken :-P

Yes, that's what the wink means...

hmmm, I forgot that he is born on Friday the 13th, should have been in October ;-) *skull* .

I think the story was one of the first replys posted in the beginning of this thread.

I think the story was one of the first replys posted in the beginning of this thread.

We know. We're joking. At least I think we all know, Phes might still not understand...

;-) (means joking...)

That's something I've been wondering myself. As far as I'm aware there's no documentation anywhere that provides an indentity for this character. As much as I know by past pirate fanatics he's been dubbed "The Merchant" and his ship "The Cutter", but that's definitely not official.

Hmmm, prisoner. Kindof compared to the other pirates, that would seem logical, he doesn't look piratical to me at all!

Oh come on, he is no prisoner!

He would have been held captive below deck if he was. He is not even forced to walk the plank! On the front of the box he is shown with the (incorrect) Captain Roger head with red beard and eyepatch and he has a flintlock gun and a cutlass in his hand just like his fellow crew mates. That looks like a genuine pirate to me. Prisoners do not carry arms when the rest of the crew is present. Since he is the only one with the neat white shirt and the brown vest, I think he is the 2nd most important man on the ship and a superior compared to the horitzontally striped shirts crew and the 2 blue shirt guys. Of course Captain Roger is the man in charge but in my opinion this guy is the one that should hold the ship on course, the first mate or helmsman so to say. Imagine him at the steering wheel with a black or brown cape during rough weather circumstances and perhaps you get the same feeling about him as I do.

Oh come on, he is no prisoner!

As ImperialScouts pointed out he doesn't look piratical at all. Maybe he broke free from below deck where he was being held captive and grabbed a gun and is attempting a heroic escape!