achris

Disney and Lego Join Forces

I'm not sure if this has already been posted but Lego has got the license for Disney in 2010 starting with Toy Story, Cars and prince of persia the new Disney Summer Blockbuster for next year. You can read more about it here: toys and gadgets news

Edit:

Full article

In one of the most exciting License deals Lego has joined forces with Disney to bring the Disney world to life for millions of Lego fans. Beginning in 2010 we will see Lego and Lego Duplo sets for Toy Story, Cars and the new Disney/Jerry Bruckheimer film Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

NEW YORK, Feb. 15 /PRNewswire/ — American International Toy Fair – The LEGO Group and Disney Consumer Products today announced a multi-year licensing agreement that gives the world’s premiere construction toy brand access to an extensive portfolio of renowned Disney and Disney Pixar properties. LEGO

Dear TLC

WALL-E Lego please.

Simonjedi.

Sounds like an awesome idea. Can't wait to see pics.

Edited by Bonaparte

Well, if the news is true, thats totally awesome, gentlemen! ) Prince of Persia! )))))) :thumbup::cry_happy:

Woo-hoo! ))))))

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

MegaBloks is wastes any product tie ins it gets. Disney, Spiderman, you name it, total garbage.

Disney has worked with LEGO in the past, and I assume they are giving it another go. Those Mickey sets weren't so great but if they are able to work with minfigure scale I think it could do well. Plus, Toy Story and Cars are perhaps the single best content areas to reach children, as they are always in demand and I have heard parents and children asking for both products long after the movies and intitial toy products are gone.

PoP has me the most excited though. It sounds great in everyway. I just hope it is done well and not like Harry Potter in the later years or like Avatar; those themes wer poorly done and condemned themselves to fail.

Interesting. I'm not going to like Cars, but I'll sure love Toy Story and Prince of Persia! :wub: Imagine all of the new molds and pieces! :cry_happy:

At the NY Toy Fair TLC announced a new licensed theme: Disney. It will contain Toy Story, Cars and Prince of Persia.

We will see more in 2010...

3280871947_ae148dc064_lms0.jpg

Greetings 'Bricks'

This is surprising. I wonder if Mickey and Minnie return... I also wonder if M&g^ Bl@ks are happy to lose Cars.

Already a thread in General Discussion :wink:

...and now there is just one! :sweet:

GIMME WALL-E!

Prince of Persia? Really? Toy Story? Cars??? Lame.

No offense, but Toy Story is the best disney movie ever next to the Lion King. Prince of Persia is a great game and has lots of potential, and Cars is good too. I am sure that Wall-E will have sets soon, but the current three are really good too.

this... is a DREAM COME TRUE!! :wub: Now I don't have to work and toil tirelessly on making decals, and ordering parts on Bricklink to custom make figs... TLC is going to give me real ones!! AWESOME!

Downside: The year long wait...

Maybe I should send TLC some pictures from my Disney Minifig Collection... just to give them some ideas in their brainstorming! :laugh:

Edited by tin7

As seen on Flickr. *LINK*

Is "Prince of Persia" Chronicles of Narnia? Those could be some nice sets.

System Toy Story could be interesting as well...

-darthperson

EDIT: I just saw the thread in the News section. I just thought this would be the right place to put this, and didn't see anything about it here.... Sorry.

Edited by darthperson

Lets hope they will add more films to the license. Maybe all the classics as well; sleeping beauty, snowwhite etc. That could be some awesome casstle sets.

Is "Prince of Persia" Chronicles of Narnia? Those could be some nice sets.

No, its a series of videogames, that's being created as a movie.

Well I certainly wouldn't say no to a Sherriff Woody minifig! He's the very best! The rootin-est, tootin-est cowboy in the Lego aisle, I'd believe.

Lets hope they will add more films to the license. Maybe all the classics as well; sleeping beauty, snowwhite etc. That could be some awesome casstle sets.

Those're in the public domain, though, aren't they? Lego wouldn't need a Disney license to make them.

Edited by hewkii9

Those're in the public domain, though, aren't they? Lego wouldn't need a Disney license to make them.

Yes, but the Disney designs and label would help them sell better. :wink: