Sign in to follow this  
The Crazy One

Power Miners Names

Well, as we all know, the PM site disagrees with the names given in sets, and doesn't event show two of the characters!! :sceptic:

I love Power Miners so i want to get this cleared up, so can someone please clarify, ' which figure belongs to which name? '

Thanks.

I too have found this annoying.

I think only about four of the Miners have names, the rest are just..generic miners, I suppose.

I believe the "Geologist" guy is "Brains" (Mine Mech Pilot)

The Team Leader is...Doc...I think (Has a star on his torso, grey sleeves and yellow hands).....I think he comes in the Thunder Driller set

The "Chief Mechanic" is Rex.....that's the chap with stubble and a scar....

And the other named character is.....Duke...I believe he's the most experienced miner...or something....he's the guy who drives the Thunder Driller, and has a sort of big stubbly grey beard....thing :sceptic:

I got all this from the current UK issue of Jetix Magazine....it has a double page spread on Power Miners, a PM poster...and best of all a free Rock Monster :D

Hope this helps!...doubt it will though..sorry

Will/Rocketbilly

This is scan from Polish Catalogue:

40.jpg

Something weird is with Rex... Double Trouble? xD

For me this names fit perfectly to these minifigs.

So we still have 2-3 "nonamers"....From Boulder Blaster, Crystal Sweeper and from Rock Hacker...

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Yikes. That and he's planted the Jaws of Life up his rear end.

I think those crystals let out some dubious radiation... No wonder all the characters' expressions are so funny. :tongue:

Haha....looks like Firox has got a gun in that pic.....kind of...if you squint :tongue:

Firox "Ima gonna put a cap in yo' megablocks" :D

Will/Rocketbilly

I too have found this annoying.

I think only about four of the Miners have names, the rest are just..generic miners, I suppose.

I believe the "Geologist" guy is "Brains" (Mine Mech Pilot)

The Team Leader is...Doc...I think (Has a star on his torso, grey sleeves and yellow hands).....I think he comes in the Thunder Driller set

The "Chief Mechanic" is Rex.....that's the chap with stubble and a scar....

And the other named character is.....Duke...I believe he's the most experienced miner...or something....he's the guy who drives the Thunder Driller, and has a sort of big stubbly grey beard....thing :sceptic:

I got all this from the current UK issue of Jetix Magazine....it has a double page spread on Power Miners, a PM poster...and best of all a free Rock Monster :D

Hope this helps!...doubt it will though..sorry

Will/Rocketbilly

i have been studying many different pictures of the miners and have concluded that:

Brains: white body, test tube on shirt, glasses on face. included in: Mine Mech and Crystal Sweeper

Doc: grey body, grey arms, yellow hands, star on shirt, triangle mouth with point on right side, cheek lines. included in: Thunder Driller

Duke: grey body, yellow arms, dark grey hands, dirt (not beard thing)on face (except where goggles would go) drill on shirt. included in: Thunder Driller

Rex/Engineer/unnamed miner: grey body, yellow arms, dark grey hands, bomb on shirt, triangle mouth with point on right side, metal piece on right side of forehead with red wavy line running down right side of face underneath the metal. included in: Crystal Sweeper and Boulder Blaster. named Rex in some pictures named Engineer in other pictures

Rex/Engineer/unnamed miner: grey body, yellow arms, dark grey hands, drill on shirt, square smile, dotted beard. included in: Claw Digger and Stone Chopper. named Rex in some pictures named Engineer in other pictures

unnamed miner: grey body, yellow arms, dark grey hands, drill on shirt, triangle mouth with point on left side, light grey beard on sides of face. included in: Granite Grinder

Edited by calebexo01

That's not stubble... it's mud... that is why there is a patch on his face that is in the shap of goggles that is mud free! :tongue: And why is rex sawing his leg off? Edited by computerbug